Telelanguage

Telelanguage Employee Reviews

United States67 reviews
What I liked most about working for telelanguage is that I was in complete control of my schedule. I was able to work from anywhere, and no one told me to stop working after 40 weekly hours, but I also had the freedom to take time off when necessary.
I've had a positive experience working with Telelanguage.
I love the flexibility of working as a freelance interpreter because I get to choose my own hours and I get to work from the comfort of my home.

Their pay rate is one of the highest pay rates per minute I've seen offered by interpreting companies. There is also a pay-rate differential working evenings. This is a huge advantage to them. However, they pay once a month so hopefully they can switch to paying the interpreters bi-weekly like a few companies have.

Overall this is a good company to contract with.
Pros
Remote work. Flexibilty. You make your own schedule. Pay rate.
Cons
Monthly pay.
Telelanguage team work closely with people, and have managers, IT people, the HR who are ready to assist you with concerns you have. I have built on my skills as an over the phone interpreter with competence and more lessons learnt from the job itself as well as webinars that were offered. Im glad that this job has helped me serve my countrymen and contribute to eliminating language barrier.
Telelanguage Like any other company, my pay rate has been the same over the many years. No rate change but I find this to be the case everywhere unfortunately.
I was happy at first but calls became more scares . and I couldn't get paid as much as I would like to earn. so I had to make myself available at inconvenient times
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I only worked as part time.
It was hard to get a job all the time as the nature of this job. The company was very reasonable, and stuff are very proffetionable.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Telelanguage is a locally operated interpretation company, with only the most polite, experienced and professional interpreters and call center agents. They currently offer many different interpretation solutions for medical and legal providers. It was one of my best work experience,
Not very busy. I speak 3 languages but most of the time I wait for a long time to receive a call and make an interpretation. The company can improve quickly and easily.
Pros
Dont know
Cons
No job security
The online platform allows you to accept appointments ahead of time, and plan ahead the work of the month. The management/no show policy is not very flexible if you cannot arrive at an appointment, for example, if it snows, they would charge you for the appointment. Other than that, the call center is very professional and helpful.
I was able to make my own hours and work when I wanted to with Telelanguage. It was a very positive work environment that had room for expansion but I decided to relocate by the time I was offered a promotion.
The works depend on the person flexibility as the employee has the ability of make his flexible schedule and work at hone too.
-Most interpreting processes happened on call base.
I’ve been with Telelanguage as an on-call interpreter. My language is rare and the need for it is equally rare. It’s been a decent side gig throughout the years and I appreciate the management staff’s help when I have questions. The only downside is that, in contracting with some other companies from time to time, I’ve learned that their rate isn’t the best available to me.
It is not good company to work, the Payroll often lose your documents, then result a interpreter not getting paid for the hours.... Too often the payroll lose y work sheets..... One time that was 20 pages, no one do anything to find out where is the document ......
Even though I submitted them.......
Everything is great at TeleLanguage. Felexibility is the most important thing , so you as an Over the phone interpreter have the previlige to log in and out whenever you want.
It has low volume for mylanguage. I wish they were busier!! I'd love to work more often with them.
I try logging in daily, but the volume is just not there.
Save time and money work elsewhere. $18/hr. 1 hr appt. Not much profit there. They blow up your phone constantly after you have set availability.,Manager will call and yell at you.
I am working as per call( contractor) position for about 2 years. The customer service, pay rate and support system are helpful . I wish they could offer more hours but I enjoy flexibility.
My work typically starts at 4:00 AM PST and ends at 4: PM PST. In the beginning I started doing 50 calls per day which was really exciting and I was very pleased. As time went on the calls were decreasing more and more. Finally sometime ago the video remote interpretation (VRI) service was launched, I remained on the telephone service and decided to stay there for personal reasons.
I appreciate the opportunity they have given me for these 6 years, the experience acquired through their vast clientele is huge; however nothing is done to motivate the employee. I had only one $0.10 raise after 3 years and it took a long time to get a response.

They have their guidelines but sadly when you follow them through and the client is not satisfied, you are at fault. I want to find a job where I feel appreciated and acknowledged. There are many advantages at this job, for one there is no need to drive in the traffic, I can peacefully work in my home environment and have the freedom to work any hours 24/7.

I have decided to look for a better opportunity within my experience doing what I enjoy; interpreting.
They treat their interpreters like garbage- they are awful to deal with, don't pay on time, make you bring in invoices in person and worst of all they put patients at risk by pressuring interpreters to show up sick to appointments. This is one of the worst companies I have ever had the displeasure of doing business with.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
They keep their interpreters paid extremely low, do not care one bit about additional certifications and experiences. Then, and my case is no exception, they never appreciated the extra hours and times when I have taken calls from their clients in off-hours. naturally, even though I had a long, well documented history of absolutely glowing remarks by both customers and Limited English proficiency individuals, then never ever bothered acknowledging the really hard work I have performed for them. Countless times their arrogant, snotty, conceited and plain ignorant client has yelled at me, using profane language and demonstrating VERY UNPROFESSIONAL behavior. When I complained - "Shut up and suck it up" and then they excluded me from phone calls for weeks on end.
Pros
Flexible hours, work from home
Cons
Poor pay, consistently delayed paychecks (once a month), brutal and arrogant management
Good company with no stress if you wanna wok from home , I'm really happy that I'm working with them. The only thing that I don't like is the payment date which is very late and some days the call volume is low
Pros
no stress, good management
Cons
payment date