Telelanguage Employee Reviews

Freedom to work from home.
Telephone Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 1, 2019
I am very passionate about my work. I have worked with Telelanguage for the past 15 years and have grown with the company. Even though we work from home we get to know and care about all our clients. I enjoy everyday at work and I am always happy to help.
Pros
No need to drive in the traffic. I love working in the peaceful environment my home provides me.
Cons
The only negative is that the phone always rings when we are about to sit down for supper.
Friendly Environment
Professional Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 19, 2019
Had great guidance when I first started. I also appreciated the fact that if I had any questions, I could contact my manager by call or text. I enjoyed meeting new people and being able to fill the gap to the patient's language barrier. The convenience to schedule appointments that fit my schedule was also a great part of the job. One of the disadvantages was having to drive Downtown Portland to pick up my check and also to drop off my signed sheets as completion of the interpreting service.
Pros
Schedule my own appointments
Cons
No healthcare or benefits
a good company to start with
Over-the-Phone Interpreter (Current Employee) –  work at homeFebruary 8, 2019
As a independent interpreter, I enjoy the flexible schedule. The pay is good, I believe it is slightly above the average, but the call volume is unstable, sometimes the calls last longer, sometimes the call volume is very low and last a few minutes.
Horrible place to work for! Nasty management
Cotractor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 27, 2019
I worked for them as a contractor. They didn't pay me for millages and fought with me. They are the worse place to work for!!

Everyone is complaining about them. Unethical, Cheaters,, etc. etc,,
its a terrible place to work for.
Interpreter for the Deaf (Former Employee) –  OregonJanuary 19, 2019
You should absolutely know about Telelanguage owner. The 5 star rating it has been written by the company itself...Telelanguage is a Fraud...scheduler are rude to interpreter
Pros
Cons
They will find any excuse for not Paying You on Time ..
Good
Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 8, 2019
I very much appreciated the flexibility of this job. Telelanguage was very upfront of the expectations and requirements. It was a contract position but they worked hard to give work to me and considerate of my schedule
The worst management on the planet
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 28, 2018
Worst place to work for there is no HR department one of the managers is running that dept. every manger lies and has a huge power trip they are not trained to be managers. training sucks they have very small cubicles and the call center is the size of a small studio apt. If you are think of working here please do yourself a favor and don't it will be a waste of your time and energy. there are two other places that does the same service apply with them
Cons
Bad management
It’s a great company
Over the phone Farsi interpreter (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 3, 2018
You’ll learn in every day life interpretation you’ll grew and be successful if you are patient and love what you’re doing helping others to reach their daily goals.
Worst Company Ever!!!
Worst Company Ever (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 17, 2018
Stay AWay!
Poor management, low pay, inconsederate manager. No benifits! No paid vacations! No 401k! The Intepreters are not respected! Did I mention poor managenment!
Pros
No pros
Cons
See above!
Good company
Telephonic interpreter (Current Employee) –  overseasJuly 26, 2018
I have been working with Telelanguage for almost 13 years and for the most part they have been great to me.Payment on time the rate could be a bit higher but not so bad and I have all the flexibility I need, by the way I am not even based in the US.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
perhaps a better per minute rate
Freelance, make your own schedule
English Interpreter Contractor (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 23, 2018
good pay, great schedule, nice environment. No stress. No pressure applied. I work for myself essentially. Show up to the appointment on time, do your work, send the invoice, and get paid. I love working there!
Pay is low and would only pay every month
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 6, 2018
They pay only after month. If you have direct deposit it take about additional 5-7 days to receive payment. Because of that you receive payment after 40 days.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Payment
Excellent Company to work on
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 8, 2018
Telelanguage is a great company to work on. It is very flexible. You work as many hours as you want/need. You can do it from home and it is a great job for students.
I love working for Tele Language
Spanish Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Portland, OR 97204April 3, 2018
Working for Tele Language has been a great experience and opportunity.

since most of job assigments are at Kaiser Permanente which is a great enviroment to work at.
Pros
Great and flexible hours
Cons
not to many hours
Love the Job itself, its fun to drive to different sites and meet new people.
Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 28, 2018
I loved the actual job. Its fun to go out to different sites and meeting new people , knowing you are making a difference. The only thing I didn't like was that we had no benefits.
Pros
choose own appointments
Cons
No benefits
Great Experience
Independant Contractor - Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 28, 2017
I enjoyed the flexibility of being an independent contractor. The call center was always available and courteous. Overall, I loved working with Telelanguage.
Great Place to work as a part time job
On-Site Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 27, 2017
Telelanguage is a great place to get experience as an Medical interpreter. I would recommend to anyone looking for a part-time job, or as an extra income employment. Enjoyed the atmosphere, meeting new people, and being able to create your own schedule. Only thing I would change is the stability, wish it was a full-time job.
Uncertain and Slow
Over-the-Phone Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Independent (Can work from Home)September 17, 2017
It is uncertain and slow. You get no assignments some days and other days you get one or two assignments which means your salary is very low. There is no benefit.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No Benefits/ Few Assignments
More than just telelanguage
Bilingual Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 10, 2017
On-site interpretations for medical is the best! Working in a professional environment makes working much easier. I wish all jobs could be this balanced.
Could become a great company
SALES/MARKETING PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 9, 2017
As some of the inside back office staff age out the company should be doing well. Large base of interpreters and an owner who understands the evolution of technology and how it will impact the business.
Pros
Leadership allows you to build new skills and master old ones.
Cons
With the shear size of the firm there are some odd ball interpreters.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telelanguage. Our community is ready to answer.

Telelanguage Reviews by Location