Telelanguage Employee Reviews in Portland, OR

Freedom to work from home.
Telephone Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 1, 2019
I am very passionate about my work. I have worked with Telelanguage for the past 15 years and have grown with the company. Even though we work from home we get to know and care about all our clients. I enjoy everyday at work and I am always happy to help.
Pros
No need to drive in the traffic. I love working in the peaceful environment my home provides me.
Cons
The only negative is that the phone always rings when we are about to sit down for supper.
Friendly Environment
Professional Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 19, 2019
Had great guidance when I first started. I also appreciated the fact that if I had any questions, I could contact my manager by call or text. I enjoyed meeting new people and being able to fill the gap to the patient's language barrier. The convenience to schedule appointments that fit my schedule was also a great part of the job. One of the disadvantages was having to drive Downtown Portland to pick up my check and also to drop off my signed sheets as completion of the interpreting service.
Pros
Schedule my own appointments
Cons
No healthcare or benefits
Horrible place to work for! Nasty management
Cotractor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 27, 2019
I worked for them as a contractor. They didn't pay me for millages and fought with me. They are the worse place to work for!!

Everyone is complaining about them. Unethical, Cheaters,, etc. etc,,
Good
Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 8, 2019
I very much appreciated the flexibility of this job. Telelanguage was very upfront of the expectations and requirements. It was a contract position but they worked hard to give work to me and considerate of my schedule
The worst management on the planet
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 28, 2018
Worst place to work for there is no HR department one of the managers is running that dept. every manger lies and has a huge power trip they are not trained to be managers. training sucks they have very small cubicles and the call center is the size of a small studio apt. If you are think of working here please do yourself a favor and don't it will be a waste of your time and energy. there are two other places that does the same service apply with them
Cons
Bad management
It’s a great company
Over the phone Farsi interpreter (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 3, 2018
You’ll learn in every day life interpretation you’ll grew and be successful if you are patient and love what you’re doing helping others to reach their daily goals.
Freelance, make your own schedule
English Interpreter Contractor (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 23, 2018
good pay, great schedule, nice environment. No stress. No pressure applied. I work for myself essentially. Show up to the appointment on time, do your work, send the invoice, and get paid. I love working there!
I love working for Tele Language
Spanish Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Portland, OR 97204April 3, 2018
Working for Tele Language has been a great experience and opportunity.

since most of job assigments are at Kaiser Permanente which is a great enviroment to work at.
Pros
Great and flexible hours
Cons
not to many hours
Love the Job itself, its fun to drive to different sites and meet new people.
Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 28, 2018
I loved the actual job. Its fun to go out to different sites and meeting new people , knowing you are making a difference. The only thing I didn't like was that we had no benefits.
Pros
choose own appointments
Cons
No benefits
Great Place to work as a part time job
On-Site Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 27, 2017
Telelanguage is a great place to get experience as an Medical interpreter. I would recommend to anyone looking for a part-time job, or as an extra income employment. Enjoyed the atmosphere, meeting new people, and being able to create your own schedule. Only thing I would change is the stability, wish it was a full-time job.
More than just telelanguage
Bilingual Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 10, 2017
On-site interpretations for medical is the best! Working in a professional environment makes working much easier. I wish all jobs could be this balanced.
Could become a great company
SALES/MARKETING PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 9, 2017
As some of the inside back office staff age out the company should be doing well. Large base of interpreters and an owner who understands the evolution of technology and how it will impact the business.
Pros
Leadership allows you to build new skills and master old ones.
Cons
With the shear size of the firm there are some odd ball interpreters.
Bad policy
Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 4, 2017
Low pay compare to other agencies. Bad policy for interpreters. Accounting dept. always finds a reason to deduct your paycheck and mess up with it. Make sure to check your invoice that they pay properly. If you're assigned for 2 hours but you only be there for 1 hour then they only pay you 1 hour.
Cons
low pay, no bonus for long distance location less than 25 miles
Official response from Telelanguage
November 17, 2017

Thank you for addressing your concerns and we are sorry to hear you have had a negative experience with the company. Our billing policy has been strict and unchanged for quite some time, but we will strive to make this more clear to everyone during the orientation.
Rates are assigned in order to stay competitive, but are always negotiable based on credentials, training, certification and experience.

Call Centers are not for the weak
Graveyard Operater (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 14, 2017
The company is a great place to work if you have a roommate, or have someone else splitting living costs with you. For a single person living alone, the pay rate doesn't allow you to comfortably live. Even with a tight budget.
The processes and expectations change at a moments notice and you have to be able to roll with it. The work is constant and not for those with attention issues. Your schedule including, but not limited to the days, the hours, and what shift you work can also change at a moments notice. While they try to find coverage for all shifts.
Pros
Donuts in the morning, Catered Holiday Meals, Relaxed Dress Code.
Cons
Short Breaks, 30 Minute lunches, Lack of structure at times.
The job was a step in the right direction
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 4, 2017
They provide a great service to people that may not have anyone to help them. I gathered great work experience with this company and advanced quickly.
Pros
great working enviornment
Cons
Located Downtown No parking
something different
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 27, 2017
when working at telelanguage you can start the day nice and then comes the morning rush when everyone comes in and the day gets loud and noisy. The hardest part of the day can be is when you would get urgent or last minute appointments and cant find any interpreters to cover them or they are too far away.
Pros
if you want full time you can get it.
Cons
have to take max or bus to get there.
very productive and a good team to work with
telephone interpreter (Current Employee) –  Portland/ USAMarch 22, 2017
i receive telephone call when ever i am logged into the system, and i have developed my listening skills very well through listening and understanding what is said to me. the team i work with are super and very polite, appreciative for the simplest work done.
Pros
well paid
Cons
convenient to me! no cons
Interpret for people over the phone
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 10, 2017
Not bad, helping people to get understood while making your own hours. No call is boring you always learn something new. Some medical calls are tough.
Pros
Make your own hours
Cons
Not enough calls
Official response from Telelanguage
November 28, 2017

Thank you kindly for your feedback, we greatly appreciate this. While we'd like to make sure everyone stays as busy as possible for all languages, there are many factors that affect each person's volume.
We have a recently added more team members to our coverage monitoring team that may possible be able to assist you in increasing your average call volume. Please reach out to us at interpretermanagers@telelanguage.com and speak with our Coverage Coordinator!

17 Months of Confusion
Graveyard Shift (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 23, 2016
They hardly helped me out when I needed help, and made me work alone for 10 months, 10 hour shifts with no breaks or lunches. How is this even legal??
Pros
Laid back, center of Portland, monthly bus passes for 25$
Cons
Management, communication is lacking, lack of employee appreciation
trabajo desde casa
Interprete (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 13, 2016
Un día típico de trabajo
comienzo a las 7am recibo gran variedad de llamados durante mi jornada laboral que es de 8 horas.La mayoría es de medicina, servicio sociales, policía 911, emergencias, seguros médicos,empresas de electricidad y gas, asistencia mecánica de carretera, tarjeta de crédito y servicio al cliente en general.
Todos los días se aprende algo nuevo, no dejo de sorprenderme.
Todas las personas son muy profesionales con respecto a la gerencia, todo se maneja en formato correo electrónico.
colegas son profesionales y buen ambiente
Mas que difícil diría que son retos que uno se pone a prueba diariamente y tiene que superar y esto incluye,paciencia y serenidad y entendimiento a la hora de hacer una interpretación.
Lo que mas me gusta es que es un servicio de ayuda y eso lo hace muy interesante y rico.Uno se siente muy bien al finalizar una jornada laboral Un día típico de trabajo
colegas son profesionales y buen ambiente