Telelanguage Employee Reviews for Interpreter

Freedom to work from home.
Telephone Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 1, 2019
I am very passionate about my work. I have worked with Telelanguage for the past 15 years and have grown with the company. Even though we work from home we get to know and care about all our clients. I enjoy everyday at work and I am always happy to help.
Pros
No need to drive in the traffic. I love working in the peaceful environment my home provides me.
Cons
The only negative is that the phone always rings when we are about to sit down for supper.
its a terrible place to work for.
Interpreter for the Deaf (Former Employee) –  OregonJanuary 19, 2019
You should absolutely know about Telelanguage owner. The 5 star rating it has been written by the company itself...Telelanguage is a Fraud...scheduler are rude to interpreter
Pros
Cons
They will find any excuse for not Paying You on Time ..
It’s a great company
Over the phone Farsi interpreter (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 3, 2018
You’ll learn in every day life interpretation you’ll grew and be successful if you are patient and love what you’re doing helping others to reach their daily goals.
Good company
Telephonic interpreter (Current Employee) –  overseasJuly 26, 2018
I have been working with Telelanguage for almost 13 years and for the most part they have been great to me.Payment on time the rate could be a bit higher but not so bad and I have all the flexibility I need, by the way I am not even based in the US.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
perhaps a better per minute rate
Freelance, make your own schedule
English Interpreter Contractor (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 23, 2018
good pay, great schedule, nice environment. No stress. No pressure applied. I work for myself essentially. Show up to the appointment on time, do your work, send the invoice, and get paid. I love working there!
Pay is low and would only pay every month
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 6, 2018
They pay only after month. If you have direct deposit it take about additional 5-7 days to receive payment. Because of that you receive payment after 40 days.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Payment
Excellent Company to work on
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 8, 2018
Telelanguage is a great company to work on. It is very flexible. You work as many hours as you want/need. You can do it from home and it is a great job for students.
Great Experience
Independant Contractor - Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 28, 2017
I enjoyed the flexibility of being an independent contractor. The call center was always available and courteous. Overall, I loved working with Telelanguage.
Uncertain and Slow
Over-the-Phone Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Independent (Can work from Home)September 17, 2017
It is uncertain and slow. You get no assignments some days and other days you get one or two assignments which means your salary is very low. There is no benefit.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No Benefits/ Few Assignments
More than just telelanguage
Bilingual Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 10, 2017
On-site interpretations for medical is the best! Working in a professional environment makes working much easier. I wish all jobs could be this balanced.
something different
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 27, 2017
when working at telelanguage you can start the day nice and then comes the morning rush when everyone comes in and the day gets loud and noisy. The hardest part of the day can be is when you would get urgent or last minute appointments and cant find any interpreters to cover them or they are too far away.
Pros
if you want full time you can get it.
Cons
have to take max or bus to get there.
very productive and a good team to work with
telephone interpreter (Current Employee) –  Portland/ USAMarch 22, 2017
i receive telephone call when ever i am logged into the system, and i have developed my listening skills very well through listening and understanding what is said to me. the team i work with are super and very polite, appreciative for the simplest work done.
Pros
well paid
Cons
convenient to me! no cons
Interpret for people over the phone
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 10, 2017
Not bad, helping people to get understood while making your own hours. No call is boring you always learn something new. Some medical calls are tough.
Pros
Make your own hours
Cons
Not enough calls
November 28, 2017

Thank you kindly for your feedback, we greatly appreciate this. While we'd like to make sure everyone stays as busy as possible for all languages, there are many factors that affect each person's volume.
We have a recently added more team members to our coverage monitoring team that may possible be able to assist you in increasing your average call volume. Please reach out to us at interpretermanagers@telelanguage.com and speak with our Coverage Coordinator!

Not a good place to work for.
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Ohio Gulch, IDJanuary 13, 2017
Call volum are Very low. Hire too much interpreters and end up with low cal volum. Not a good place to work for. They only pay you after 1 month and not on the payment day. If u are getting check takes 10 day. Even direct deposit take 6 or 7 days.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low cal volum and pay
November 17, 2017

Thank you for addressing your concerns and we are sorry to hear you have had a negative experience with the company.
Payment cycles are based on a strict invoicing cycle, but we are always seeking more efficient yet secure option of issuing payments. We hope to be able to do this for you in the near future.

easy going western company
interpreter (Current Employee) –  remoteAugust 10, 2015
Make your own hours - a plus
Low pay - a defferent

Management is delightful.

911 calls are stressful.

No day is typical. Clients are mostly dif. every day.

Helping people is the most enjoyable. Particularly when they are delivering babies.
Pros
contract
Cons
low pay
fun work if you get enough referall
Arabic Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 12, 2015
Great place to work for since you are the boss of your self.
management doesn't exist its all self-management.
the best is to get enough client per day
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 16, 2014
Great work overall, despite some mishaps here and there.
You find work whenever you sign in and customer service is prompt to help you whenever you encounter any problem during calls.
low call volume!
Telephonic interpreter (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 14, 2014
Even though salary is low they made up for it with high call volume but not any more! And if they are hiring even more people the volume will be even lower.
November 20, 2017

Thank you for addressing your concern with us. We realize volume can be a big concern and we do our best to maintain a solid team, while at the same time being able to provide service to our customers in a timely manner. Our coverage coordination team has recently expanded and our working with each individuals to dictate the most ideal time frame for optimal volume.

Friendly comfortable environment
Interpreter Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 8, 2014
It's a great place to work if you know what you're doing and interested in the field
Job Security
Interpreter Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portland OrApril 12, 2014
Very easy job but if you do scheduling prepare yourself to get overwhelmed, everyone gets along w everyone its private company but cant say much on here just because its alot of stuff..
Cons
Short breaks and lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telelanguage. Our community is ready to answer.

Telelanguage Reviews by Location