Telelanguage Employee Reviews for Medical Interpreter

Friendly Environment
Professional Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 19, 2019
Had great guidance when I first started. I also appreciated the fact that if I had any questions, I could contact my manager by call or text. I enjoyed meeting new people and being able to fill the gap to the patient's language barrier. The convenience to schedule appointments that fit my schedule was also a great part of the job. One of the disadvantages was having to drive Downtown Portland to pick up my check and also to drop off my signed sheets as completion of the interpreting service.
Pros
Schedule my own appointments
Cons
No healthcare or benefits
Good
Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 8, 2019
I very much appreciated the flexibility of this job. Telelanguage was very upfront of the expectations and requirements. It was a contract position but they worked hard to give work to me and considerate of my schedule
Love the Job itself, its fun to drive to different sites and meet new people.
Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 28, 2018
I loved the actual job. Its fun to go out to different sites and meeting new people , knowing you are making a difference. The only thing I didn't like was that we had no benefits.
Pros
choose own appointments
Cons
No benefits
Great Place to work as a part time job
On-Site Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 27, 2017
Telelanguage is a great place to get experience as an Medical interpreter. I would recommend to anyone looking for a part-time job, or as an extra income employment. Enjoyed the atmosphere, meeting new people, and being able to create your own schedule. Only thing I would change is the stability, wish it was a full-time job.
Bad policy
Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 4, 2017
Low pay compare to other agencies. Bad policy for interpreters. Accounting dept. always finds a reason to deduct your paycheck and mess up with it. Make sure to check your invoice that they pay properly. If you're assigned for 2 hours but you only be there for 1 hour then they only pay you 1 hour.
Cons
low pay, no bonus for long distance location less than 25 miles
Official response from Telelanguage
November 17, 2017

Thank you for addressing your concerns and we are sorry to hear you have had a negative experience with the company. Our billing policy has been strict and unchanged for quite some time, but we will strive to make this more clear to everyone during the orientation.
Rates are assigned in order to stay competitive, but are always negotiable based on credentials, training, certification and experience.

Professional work place
Medical Telephonic Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 16, 2016
I enjoy working for Telelanguage because the atmosphere is very professional, they provide interpreters with updates on glossaries and other training.
Pros
excellent hourly rates
Good company
Certified Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAApril 29, 2015
Love the way this company treats its employees. I do wish we could receive more appointments to work and especially if the were in the city we live in, but besides that, I love working for this company.
fabulous work at home opportunity
Medical French interpreter (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 26, 2015
As a a rule, very easy to work for. The phone system needs help. Mgt. is nice.

The hardest part of the job was when it was either very slow or the phones didn't work properly.
Pros
work at home, easy-going
Cons
not many calls (paid per call)