Telelanguage Employee Reviews

Bad policy
Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 4, 2017
Low pay compare to other agencies. Bad policy for interpreters. Accounting dept. always finds a reason to deduct your paycheck and mess up with it. Make sure to check your invoice that they pay properly. If you're assigned for 2 hours but you only be there for 1 hour then they only pay you 1 hour.
Cons
low pay, no bonus for long distance location less than 25 miles
November 17, 2017

Thank you for addressing your concerns and we are sorry to hear you have had a negative experience with the company. Our billing policy has been strict and unchanged for quite some time, but we will strive to make this more clear to everyone during the orientation.
Rates are assigned in order to stay competitive, but are always negotiable based on credentials, training, certification and experience.

Call Centers are not for the weak
Graveyard Operater (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 14, 2017
The company is a great place to work if you have a roommate, or have someone else splitting living costs with you. For a single person living alone, the pay rate doesn't allow you to comfortably live. Even with a tight budget.
The processes and expectations change at a moments notice and you have to be able to roll with it. The work is constant and not for those with attention issues. Your schedule including, but not limited to the days, the hours, and what shift you work can also change at a moments notice. While they try to find coverage for all shifts.
Pros
Donuts in the morning, Catered Holiday Meals, Relaxed Dress Code.
Cons
Short Breaks, 30 Minute lunches, Lack of structure at times.
The job was a step in the right direction
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 4, 2017
They provide a great service to people that may not have anyone to help them. I gathered great work experience with this company and advanced quickly.
Pros
great working enviornment
Cons
Located Downtown No parking
Translator/Interpreter (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 2, 2017
I can choose my own work hours and all distances between me and the client can be beaten by technology because phone-line communications save me a lot of time that I would otherwise have to waste in traffic.
Pros
Working in comfort of my home.
Cons
Long hours of being on call.
something different
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 27, 2017
when working at telelanguage you can start the day nice and then comes the morning rush when everyone comes in and the day gets loud and noisy. The hardest part of the day can be is when you would get urgent or last minute appointments and cant find any interpreters to cover them or they are too far away.
Pros
if you want full time you can get it.
Cons
have to take max or bus to get there.
very productive and a good team to work with
telephone interpreter (Current Employee) –  Portland/ USAMarch 22, 2017
i receive telephone call when ever i am logged into the system, and i have developed my listening skills very well through listening and understanding what is said to me. the team i work with are super and very polite, appreciative for the simplest work done.
Pros
well paid
Cons
convenient to me! no cons
Interpret for people over the phone
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 10, 2017
Not bad, helping people to get understood while making your own hours. No call is boring you always learn something new. Some medical calls are tough.
Pros
Make your own hours
Cons
Not enough calls
November 28, 2017

Thank you kindly for your feedback, we greatly appreciate this. While we'd like to make sure everyone stays as busy as possible for all languages, there are many factors that affect each person's volume.
We have a recently added more team members to our coverage monitoring team that may possible be able to assist you in increasing your average call volume. Please reach out to us at interpretermanagers@telelanguage.com and speak with our Coverage Coordinator!

Not a good place to work for.
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Ohio Gulch, IDJanuary 13, 2017
Call volum are Very low. Hire too much interpreters and end up with low cal volum. Not a good place to work for. They only pay you after 1 month and not on the payment day. If u are getting check takes 10 day. Even direct deposit take 6 or 7 days.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low cal volum and pay
November 17, 2017

Payment cycles are based on a strict invoicing cycle, but we are always seeking more efficient yet secure option of issuing payments. We hope to be able to do this for you in the near future.

17 Months of Confusion
Graveyard Shift (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 23, 2016
They hardly helped me out when I needed help, and made me work alone for 10 months, 10 hour shifts with no breaks or lunches. How is this even legal??
Pros
Laid back, center of Portland, monthly bus passes for 25$
Cons
Management, communication is lacking, lack of employee appreciation
trabajo desde casa
Interprete (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 13, 2016
Un día típico de trabajo
comienzo a las 7am recibo gran variedad de llamados durante mi jornada laboral que es de 8 horas.La mayoría es de medicina, servicio sociales, policía 911, emergencias, seguros médicos,empresas de electricidad y gas, asistencia mecánica de carretera, tarjeta de crédito y servicio al cliente en general.
Todos los días se aprende algo nuevo, no dejo de sorprenderme.
Todas las personas son muy profesionales con respecto a la gerencia, todo se maneja en formato correo electrónico.
colegas son profesionales y buen ambiente
Mas que difícil diría que son retos que uno se pone a prueba diariamente y tiene que superar y esto incluye,paciencia y serenidad y entendimiento a la hora de hacer una interpretación.
Lo que mas me gusta es que es un servicio de ayuda y eso lo hace muy interesante y rico.Uno se siente muy bien al finalizar una jornada laboral Un día típico de trabajo
colegas son profesionales y buen ambiente
The nurse has to receive report from the leaving nurse as well as giving report to the coming nurse
Translator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 21, 2016
A typical day at work varies with the type of work one does. A typical day at a nursing facility is usually different in comparison to other work places. The entire shift, from the beginning to the end, is busy. A medical surgical floor has patients from hospitals right after recovery from surgery. The nurse has the responsibility to administer intravenous infusion fluid per physician order. He also had responsibility to pass oral medication as ordered. It is also important shart any activity completed during eight hour shift. At the end of the shift the nurse has to be ready to give report to the replacing nursing before leaving the floor.
Professional work place
Medical Telephonic Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 16, 2016
I enjoy working for Telelanguage because the atmosphere is very professional, they provide interpreters with updates on glossaries and other training.
Pros
excellent hourly rates
Productive work place.
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 11, 2016
Very productive workplace, and great people to work with. It was a great opportunity for me to grow and meet new people as well as learn a new career field.
Pros
Great people, and monthly lunches.
Cons
Understaffed.
productive, knowledge enrichment
Spanish interpreter (Current Employee) –  from homeFebruary 1, 2016
it is a job where you can learn almost everything about other jobs and situations. the company has a big spectrum of clients that request for interpretation all the time. each interpreter follows its own rhythm of work.
easy going western company
interpreter (Current Employee) –  remoteAugust 10, 2015
Make your own hours - a plus
Low pay - a defferent

Management is delightful.

911 calls are stressful.

No day is typical. Clients are mostly dif. every day.

Helping people is the most enjoyable. Particularly when they are delivering babies.
Pros
contract
Cons
low pay
fun work if you get enough referall
Arabic Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 12, 2015
Great place to work for since you are the boss of your self.
management doesn't exist its all self-management.
the best is to get enough client per day
Good company
Certified Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAApril 29, 2015
Love the way this company treats its employees. I do wish we could receive more appointments to work and especially if the were in the city we live in, but besides that, I love working for this company.
fabulous work at home opportunity
Medical French interpreter (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 26, 2015
As a a rule, very easy to work for. The phone system needs help. Mgt. is nice.

The hardest part of the job was when it was either very slow or the phones didn't work properly.
Pros
work at home, easy-going
Cons
not many calls (paid per call)
Contractor job
Bilingual Interpreter Spanish/English (Current Employee) –  OregonOctober 25, 2014
You are a contractor, you have to fax/mail them work sheets indicating your hours, but then if it doesnt get to them clearly they will not pay you for your hours. I sent mine in and the only unclear part was the hours I worked curiously.
Translation work is easy if you know another language,
November 17, 2017

We are currently working on a paperless invoicing practice and are aiming to have this available in the near future. It will still be crucial to have all pertinent information once this is available though for proper invoicing.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to the current managerial team, we are expanding so there will be more hands on assistance. Take care

Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 16, 2014
Great work overall, despite some mishaps here and there.
You find work whenever you sign in and customer service is prompt to help you whenever you encounter any problem during calls.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telelanguage. Our community is ready to answer.

Telelanguage Reviews by Location