TELEMED INC Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Telemed
Phone Operator/Dispatcher/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNAugust 4, 2018
I quickly learned there is a big difference in customer service face to face and over the phone. This was actually my favorite place to work because you never knew what to expect. The position is great for people who are good at thinking on their feet. Management is really flexible as far as your schedule goes and the possibility to move upward in the company is great.
Pros
flexible schedule, friendly work environment
Cons
low security and is located where there is high crime rate
very hectic work place.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Wise, VAJuly 9, 2018
This employer is a sham, I have had to wait three weeks for a check. They constantly lie about how they will "work with you". Was lied to about scheduling, they also would not let me change my schedule. Even as a top performer, they could not accommodate my schedule requests but could compensate any other person. Very rude management.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else.
Would never recomend this job
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Wise, VAJuly 1, 2018
I worked in the wise, va office for 2 years. At first it was enjoyable but the good management left after being treated poorly. The pay would almost never add up to what you actually worked (so keep up with your hours). Almost impossible to reach the goals to get a bonus. It didn't used to be that way bit the CEO doesn't want to pay bonuses I think. Work every holiday, unpredictable schedules and be prepared to cancel doctor appointments unless you have a pre approved person to cover the entire shift for that day (and then still keep you letter stating it was approved or at least a copy). I left due to the insane amount of stress from this job, I am young and my Dr wanted me on blood pressure meds. If everything had not gotten so terrible I would probably still be there, but everything has gone down hill.
Pros
Paid 20 minute lunch
Cons
Maybe 1-2 7 mimute breaks per shecduled shift, negative enviorment, sketchy pay, rude top row, terrible work conditions, unpredictable work schedule, unaffordable benefits, negative management, treated as garbage and like you cannot habe a life
Terrible work place with awful management.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wise, VAJune 29, 2018
The management is terrible and no one helps when you need it. The only people who help whatsoever are the TWO trainers but they get so busy it's hard to get help. Management picks favorites and they do not care if anyone notices. The rate of pay is not up to $16 an hour unless you've been there a few years. The pay drops down after training and you then have to rely on your bonus. But if you mess up any little thing you will lose your bonus. They will fire you for no reason and then make up lies as to why you were fired so they can cover their behinds. This is a very stressful place to work and it isn't worth your time. Trust me.
Avoid this job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMay 7, 2018
This job was awful. The stress from the mad callers wasn’t enough the managers would yell at you for not being on the phone even if you were finishing a call. Then if that wasn’t bad enough you don’t get breaks so if you smoke or need to use the restroom you just have to suffer. Your bonus gets took at any little thing you do wrong.
Pros
Nothing about this place was good.
Cons
No breaks, poor management, don’t get as many hours as promised, insurance to experience to afford.
Um
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 30, 2018
They wrote me afake check and it was returned. My bank charged me $25 for the returned check. What kind of company does this? I have been on the phone with them trying to get a call back for over a week.
Poor management from day shift site manager
Something (Former Employee) –  Wise, VAApril 16, 2018
Never good enough and treated like nothing. Pay good for training then drops. Trainer was a very good and kind lady. If they ever changed management it would be a ok place to work
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Site manager on Day shift
Awful place
Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 4, 2018
DO NOT WORK HERE. They will do you dirty and talk to you very mean and make you feel as if you are dumb. They treat you bad. It’s all around an awful place to work and this is about the Johnson City office I don’t know anything about the other locations they may be better.
Pros
the pay is was alright.
Cons
Poor management, feeling as if you are dumb, awful trainers, and snobby people.
Needs new management
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Wise, VAFebruary 14, 2018
I personally loved the job and was really good at it, but after being let go several times for reasons that were beyond my control. The main office manager is amazing, she is kind and understanding...the rest of the management especially the site manager and a few supervisors is quite ridiculous, yelling at you like you were something less than human.
This company has a good future if they would stand back and look at the management inside, they are rude, threatening and unpredictable. On an everyday basis, be ready to feel like a grade schooler , being cursed at and yelled at, degraded and never -ever commended on a job well done.
The money is fantastic, but if you would like to keep your dignity and not fired every month....
Pros
Excellent pay and bonus
Cons
If your lucky 2-5 min breaks for 8 hr shift, no lunch breaks. Management is awful
Awesome place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Wise, VADecember 28, 2017
Very simple, steady paced job. Enjoyed my time there, and the people I worked with. Loved being able to speak with people all over the country. You always learn something new everyday while working there
Cons
Short breaks
Someone should call and report this place to the Department of Labor!! Period!!
CSR (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNOctober 23, 2017
Facility work environment,conditions are macabre! Stress, effort, time! Labor board on speed dial! Everyone should do this and conditions would change
Pros
The actual CS job itself is not bad! It's everything else from the time you walk in the door!
Cons
No lunch breaks forced to eat at your desk..5mins bathroom breaks
Management/Envoriment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  JcOctober 12, 2017
Just DO NOT work for this company. It will not be worth your time or the stress involved. Owner has lost control or just lets the upper management who has no degrees or experience run those offices.
Pros
Job Functions/Helping Patients
Cons
Productive but not a fun workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNOctober 10, 2017
This is a medical answering service so the job itself is important but the environment is not good at all. The Owner is very rude and nasty to employees.
Pros
Good bonus
Cons
No lunches, 5 min breaks board permitting, work ALL holidays, owner to involved and rude
Very stressful
Advanced scheduler (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNSeptember 23, 2017
Work every holiday...mandatory
Does not follow the labor laws with their employees
Management is horrible
The owner doesn’t engage with the employees just threatings the employees through emAils and vulgar language and derogatory comments
Pros
Helping the patient
Cons
Long hours. Unappreciative to employees. Horrible training
I liked my job..
Day Service Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNSeptember 14, 2017
.. but management is horrible. From "Top Row" to the owner. They will scream at you (especially in the Wise Va office), send smart *butt* emails, and nit-pick at everything.. until they need something like staying over or coming in on your day off. They will pile the work load on top of you until you break. They can't keep people, so if you stick it out be prepared to do it all. And that really sucks, because I truely liked the job itself... and this is the same story I heard from most coworkers over the year I was there.
Honestly I'd take the job back if management was changed.
Pros
If you're perfect you can make good money
Cons
Treatment by management, 10-12 hour shifts.. no lunches, lucky if you get 3, 5 min breaks.
bad
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2017
they are unfair and unpredictable. you never know what kind of day your going to have their. whether its arguing with you boss or coworker. management threatening your job , bonus or position. the boss it very unprofessional rude and ghetto. as she would put it
Great company and very friendly co-workers
Training Manager and Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wise, VAMay 29, 2017
My co-workers feel more like family. This is a very friendly environment and I love having the freedom and ability to grow. I have learned so much that I will forever be thankful for.
Good people, bad company
Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMarch 9, 2017
I loved the job part of my position here. I didn't like being treated like work was the only thing I was allowed to do in my life. This is not the job for you if you want breaks or lunches... Or if you have a life outside of work. Good for single people. Not good for people with families or kids that might have to take off if there's an emergency. I don't feel like they care about employees.
Pros
Friendly people, good pay
Cons
5 minute breaks, 10 hour shifts with no lunches, treated poorly, are not allowed to ask off days
Easy job and exciting place to interact with customers.
CSR (Former Employee) –  Wise County, VAJanuary 9, 2017
Job duties were light and hours weren't hard to work. Working with the same people and customers made job duties easier to learn the job.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Hours werr too short
Telemed
paging operator (Former Employee) –  Wise, VASeptember 29, 2016
It was a horrible environment. Management was very unprofessional. We had a drunk for a manager and she was hateful to everyone. Constant drug use and poor excuse for any decent non drug user. Worst job environment I have ever worked in