Teleperformance Employee Reviews

Found 7,362 reviews matching the search See all 16,865 reviews
A good call center
Technical Support representative (Former Employee) –  El SalvadorNovember 12, 2018
I can say among all choices we have in El Salvador, TP is the best option we can find.
Work environment is good, clients are good (since we provide tech support)
I recommend this place for work
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Poor management
about the same as any job
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MONovember 12, 2018
A typical work day starts with you starting up your work computer.
Management is are helpful, but some management is not nice.
Some co-workers are friendly.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
short breaks
Micromanagement
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 12, 2018
Positions with this company are highly stressful because the company has a high tendency to micromanage and they base your performance off of the customer's satisfaction levels (even when a customer does not finish their survey). They review your performance every week, and if you are not making every customer 100% satisfied, they write you up. Keep in mind that some weeks, you may have only 5 or more surveys submitted by customers, but then only ONE the next week, but the same weight is given to all reviews, with no consideration for the number or quality of the surveys (quality meaning whether the customer answers are complete or even make sense). Also, the surveys are COMPLETELY at random, so there is no way to plan your calls so that the odds are in your favor. PLEASE READ: If every customer is not 100% satisfied at every second, then you could be in danger of a write-up.

Additionally, there is a lot of misinformation given during training and otherwise, which is then counted against your performance, when you believe you are utilizing accurate information. There is not consideration given for decisions made with misinformation that was given to you. In other words, if someone told you how to do something wrongly, then you will be penalized because you performed wrongly, whether intentional or not! Be prepared to feel on the edge of your seat and tense on a day to day basis.
Pros
Work-from-home, pay
Cons
Micromanagement, unrealistic performance standards
Phone Rep
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 11, 2018
Working for the company was great, they were very supportive and gave you all the tools you needed to succeed. The job itself is what made me want to leave. Though helping customers was the best part of the job. Downside is there's no time in between calls, it's one call after another. I actually lost my voice for a week from talking so much,When you got an angry customer on the phone they would literally scream at you and call you every name in the book, which makes you want to quit everyday.
Pros
great support from you coworkers and bosses
Cons
no breaks between calls, terrible customers, low pay
great placed
Team Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  North Lauderdale, FLNovember 11, 2018
I have a seasonal Restaurant in the Hamptons. I reluctantly agreed to give this a try. The vast majority of applicants were from areas over 100 miles away from Eastern Long Island. A total waste of time and money. Thousands of dollars spent with almost 0 hires. (Maybe one or two). I also made it clear that all advertising would end by the end of June only to find out that my credit card had been charged through October. That was made crystal clear to “Dylan”. He either chose to disregard my request or it simply fell through the crack
Pros
1hr lunch
Cons
management
Absolutely DO NOT reccomend
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 10, 2018
Don't get me wrong there were some decent managers but ultimately, the people with power were AWFUL. We did 6 weeks of training, in-class training was basically pointless because simulators didn't work and all you did was read the material, by the time you got to the floor for on the floor training you knew NOTHING. We didn't know how to read a statement, where to find the information for the balance due and they just put on us on calls. You don't learn until you ask, so you could be doing the same thing wrong 1,000 times and no one will know. Supervisor only cared about her stats so she would hound you about "fix this, do this" instead of HELPING you get better. and NO ONE seems to be able to explain to me what amount interest actually gets charged on, I mean no one. So when a customer is screaming and cussing at you and you're waiting 6 minutes for someone to come help you they give you a quick basic answer so they cn help someone else and you'e left to figure something out to calm the customer down. It was awful. I had a customer yelling at me and no on would help me expplain to he what she wanted so she would calm down.
Pros
Unlimited overtime
Cons
management, pay, everything
High turnover
Customer Service and Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Henrico County, VANovember 10, 2018
High turnover. They have a high turnover rate because they expect too much from people and they do not train well. I think people would stay if they had the right training.
Advisor
Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeNovember 9, 2018
I enjoyed helping customers and resolving their technical issues. What I did not enjoy was the negative atmosphere that the supervisors created. Their excuse was the ACCM had created this type of negative atmosphere. Understanding that working from home is very different than working from brick and mortar however when a supervisor says I am here to help I do expect the help.
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
negative environment
Good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXNovember 9, 2018
Good company to work with. My management was awsome very understanding. They work with your hours and here in browmsville it was good pay compared to other jobs.
Poor atmosphere, temporary not career
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VANovember 9, 2018
Negative call center sweatshop atmosphere. Good for a job for the moment. No career development, no proper training, 3rd party call center very high turnover amd inexperienced managers
Pros
It pays and gives you some hours
Cons
Not a career maker
I worked for them years ago
Operations Manager (csat) (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHNovember 9, 2018
They lost the contract after I left. Once my boss got promoted, they brought in a manager from the street that was not very good at communicating and loved to single people out publicly. I left but I loved that job
Pros
People
Cons
Manager
Poorly
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 8, 2018
This company by for has beed the worst company ever worked for. The supervisors are never available for help, and the mentors hardly knew what was going on.
Tp
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHNovember 8, 2018
Was a great place to work I enjoyed it very much needed a little work but what job doesn’t.. I will reapply again... we grew as a family until we all separated and got different jobs due to some difficulties in the changes of the job!
Call center
Tier 1 Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 8, 2018
I love working in the call center . I even worked from home. I love to help the customers with their problems and the feed back after when the problem was resolved. great
Bad work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXNovember 7, 2018
Overall bad environment to work. Our training class didn't even get foam ear piece covers for the first week on the phones. Lots of drama. Reminded me of high school. Even had some agents fighting inside the call center.
Pros
Paid the bills
Cons
Poor managemet, poor training, uncomfortable work environment
very relaxing.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 7, 2018
It was honestly very easy to get a job and work here and it's just a shame the department shut down. While it is true that the chat volume can be obscenely high at times, as long as you know how to read and understand a bill statement, it was very easy. The hardest part of the entire thing was that some customers would give a failing survey out of spite when we couldn't do what they wanted. But then again, knowing how to say "no" while keeping the customer happy was a skill that was very needed.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
no cons
Basic job good for first timers
Assistant Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTNovember 7, 2018
Accounts and the leadership of accounts were often hit or miss. There were caring and qualified supervisors on some teams and others that looked like they were hired because they were part of the ol' boy's club.
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 7, 2018
It was great why it lasted the food was good and well cook our lunch breaks was 30 minutes long and the money salary was awesome it was confidential to everyone
Pros
free smoking area
Cons
short lunch time
They are a very productive and an understanding workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXNovember 6, 2018
My review on Teleperformance is that as long as you are punctual and wear the acquired clothing as well as being professional in your workplace, nothing can go wrong.
Like running at a brick wall
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 6, 2018
It was a good job when I first started but after awhile it gets under your skin. I thought that it was a great place to work, the people were chill and management actually seemed like they knew what they were doing. It all kinda fell apart and I got the feeling that they stopped caring after awhile in my department especially. Personally I felt that they had it out for me because I spoke my mind.
Pros
Lots of down time
Cons
Just about everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teleperformance. Our community is ready to answer.

54.8K

2.3InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight