Telesis Corporation Management reviews

Very Structured at corporate office.
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 11, 2018
Very fast paced! The customer is difficult to work with. Upper management (Corporate) needs to be more involved with communicating with the employees off-site.
Pros
Telework
Cons
Not enough employees to accomplish the workload.
Productive work environment
Lead Help Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDSeptember 4, 2018
What I really like about this job was that there was work hour flexibility because it was a 24/7 helpdesk center which I kind of miss at times. Management was great and I really do not have anything negative things to say, The only thing was there wasn't too many options for growth and it wasn't challenging anymore.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No room for growth
Not a great company to work for
Bilingual Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calverton, MDAugust 30, 2018
Working for Telesis was not a great experience starting from management. It was not a friendly environment.I foud it stressful if you were late for two minutes on your break you were called to the office and question why you were late. They expected a lot from the employee's for a little bit of money. There was no opportunity for growth. I was hired as a temp employee with a posibility of becoming permanent. I was there for only nine month and got lay-off because telephone volume started slowing down. While being there I did not had any type of health insurance and did not get paid on Federal holidays. I do not recomend Telesis for a long term job, something to get your foot in the door until a better opportunity arrives.
Bottom Line is money
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 17, 2018
Very poor Employee appreciation. Cut Throat management. And don't care attitude. But pay is fair. But, they will cut you out if they find someone to do your job cheaper.
Pros
Wages and benefits
Cons
employee appreciation.
Would Never work here!
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 15, 2018
This company is by far, the worst company I've ever worked for! Management demanded WAY too much, expected you to bend over backwards, and heaven forbid you had a family emergency because if you did, you'd be written up. Management felt they were better than everyone else and had the most ridiculous rules! If you were having trouble or had questions they made it a point to embarrass you to your peers or they would have a problem that you even came to them. They were completely against any type of conversations amongst fellow employees and if there was any talking above a whisper, management stepped in to tell you to shut-up. I was honestly afraid to ask for a day off because of the reprimand I would get when I came back. Don't even think there is room to advance because you're not good enough to move up. Btw, this is a BIG one, they will make you work on call and only pay you 3 hours of overtime for working a 12 hour shift. I would NEVER work again and if you choose to work here, be prepared to be treated like you're lower than dirt
Pros
Cons
Just about everything with this company is a con
Senior Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 20, 2018
Telesis is a company that was just the right size for me. Senior Management is very accessible. Everyone was very helpful and welcoming. From front desk staff, to peers, to managers, HR/benefits, all the way up to the owners.
Productive and fun workplace
Helpdesk Agent Specialist (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDJuly 27, 2017
Constantly busy fast paced work environment management team is great and supportive of the team. We have pizza employment appreciation days three times a year.
Pros
very nice facility
Cons
no gym
Duties
Contractual/Document Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MD 20705May 26, 2017
Typical work day consisted of lots of scanning and reading of documents. The material was interesting at times but so many medical cases were strainful on the eyes. Management was okay, workplace culture was great.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Lots of material to read
great place to work
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Beltsville , MDFebruary 22, 2015
had a fun time working here. the job environment can be stressfully but overall not a bad place to work and start a career. upper management is easy to get along with
Ok
Call Center Representative- NHTSA Contractor (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDAugust 13, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
I'd skip this one
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDDecember 17, 2013
As we all know, the point of a business is to make money. When that goal begins to blind you to the fact that these employees are the ones who got you where you are, a problem arises. While co-workers are a dream to work with, you become overwhelmed by the lack of compensation and "thank you" bonuses. The benfits offered are ok but I would turn down an offer from this company and find one that cares about the employees.
Pros
I can leave work at work
Cons
Terrible pay/ bonuses (if any)
NHTSA was a good idea for the consumer
Customer Service Representative (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDNovember 28, 2012
I loved working for Telesis in the beginning until they hired young people who did not take the job as serious. They came in late, left early and took off.
Pros
fast day and a good product.
Cons
it seemed as if management did not care about the overall results of the mission.