TeleSolv Consulting Employee Reviews

Productive environment with plenty perks
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 25, 2019
Very important: attention to details. Get to work on time, meet expectations, focus on your assignments, etc. Do these things on a consistent basis and you'll do fine here. I know my schedule, my job, and company policies and I do my part. I was promoted last summer to Business Analyst because of how I performed as a Specialist. The hardest part of the job was getting promoted over people who were here longer than me - there was nothing harder about the job than that. My observation is they didn't handle the details and workload as expected. Higher level managers are more committed to the workers than immediate managers, who are not bad but they seem to want to get promoted before their staff become their peers. Some seem to compete with their reports. Line managers control the award/recognition process so that can be tricky at times when performance is equal between staff (who gets the top prize?). So the culture at my office is competitive but not cut-throat. I learned much about QA, six sigma, and PI since joining the company - that's been the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Incentives, transparency
Cons
Competitiveness, limited telework options
Overall good company
General Clerk 1 (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOMarch 5, 2019
Job is awesome, however, their human resources department needs work. 40 hours of paid vacation, and 40 hours of sick time. Benefits are great, the company pays for most of the medical insurance with health and wellness dollars, that you earn by showing up to work.
Telesolv is an okay company.
Executive Assistant to the Director (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 21, 2019
I work as a government contractor. I maintain calendar for all management in the Director's Office. I work with a great group of people. The hardest part of the job is finding time for meetings on very busy calendars.
Pros
Telework when we have inclement weather.
Cons
Government contracts change companies frequently.
Very good company
General Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Lees SummitMay 14, 2018
This company was very helpful when it came to family issues and things. They were very understanding and would ask about if you needed anything before they asked about how you were going to use the time.
Good experience and atmosphere
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 20, 2018
Typical day: I lead a team of 8 analysts so I make assignments, review work, approve leave requests, and handle customer escalations.
What I learn: I am studying to take the CAPM exam. My lead role is preparing me get the CAPM cert.
Management: My activities are guided by a project manager who has been given some leadership advice and coaching.
Hardest part of the job: Managing the workload - some employees are more productive than others.
Enjoyable part of the job: appreciation from management.
Pros
Plenty kudos and feedback from management
Cons
Daily timekeeping, limited telework options
Perfect as a starter job, not as a career
General Clerk One (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJanuary 21, 2018
Compared to most starter jobs, this is a good place if you are starting your career, but it's not really somewhere one wants to stay and make a career out of it. Don't get me wrong, this place has excellent job security, however the possibilities for advancement are few an far between.

The workplace culture on some teams can be described as high school really and the leads are nothing more than glorified babysitters and the supervisors can be ineffective when it comes to setting an example to follow, but overall, if you keep you head down and just show up and your work to the best of your ability, it's nearly impossible to be fired.

Management is scatterbrained and the clerks are treated like machines where the only thing that matters is production and quality and if the quotas are not met, management gets after the supervisors and the supervisors the clerks, and when work runs out, all that is left can be politely described as busy work.

Finally, as the company supports the government mission, it would stand to reason that workers here would be working closely with government employees, however it is the exact opposite as the government employees and contractors are kept separate and have no contact except in the area of IT. And if you think that this would be a stepping stone to a government job, think again.
Pros
Paid Time off, 401K, Insurance
Cons
Short Lunch break, high school drama
Really Bad Company
Temp Contract (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 29, 2017
• Provided Executive support to the Chief Security Officer (Director), Directorate Offices to facilitated meetings and other OSI related events. Provided assistance with contacting and scheduling appointments; coordinated availability. Created employee on-boarding and off-boarding SOP in to upload for Management use in Sharepoint.
• Provided assistance with scheduling and coordinated four Divisions. Coordinated input from OSI Divisions and prepared reports for submission to USCIS Management. Prepared agenda for same. Prepared and published meeting notes.
It's a job
General Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MONovember 3, 2017
was terminated due to a injury I got at the work place and wasn't able to get workers compensation. was off to many days and they terminated me. it is very dirty place and some of the supervisors are very mean.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
General Clerk I
General Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 25, 2017
Responsible for making database and manual queries on individuals identified as possible fugitive or criminal aliens. Performed data entry, receiving and reviewing A-files.

Constant sitting, standing, searching for lost files.

Was hired as hourly employee, but required to meet quota of entering files in data base.

Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my coworkers.
Pros
Lots of walking, therefore lost weight
Cons
short breaks and lunches
Nice place to work
Biometrics Technician (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCJuly 21, 2017
Telesolv will not allow my job to go full-time even when it is needed.
I've worked there for 6 years hoping it would become full-time, but it never has. I had to take another full-time job to get benefits and stayed on as an on-call position.
Pros
Good job
Cons
Not full-time
Need a better work/life balance
Sr. Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJuly 16, 2017
This is a good place to work. However, I am commuting 3+ hours a day round trip to work. I need a better work/life balance. I need better telework options.
Great place to work for a new and season employee
Biometric Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 19, 2017
Can be hectic but very leisure day. Learned so much about work, flow. Management was never there, always from a distance. A variety of cultures, especially since you had to complete demographics on must of them. Learning how to work with being in one environment, with not growth, standing was a bit hard for this length of time. A great work environment to meet people if you are a people person.
Pros
A great place to interact with others
Cons
Standing a bit much
Productive and fun workplace
Biometric Technician (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 5, 2015
My typical day at work consist of registering and assisting applicants.
My co-workers are very helpful. Management is very knowledgeable and supportive. The hardest part of the job is standing all day. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and helping the applicants.
Pros
Assisting applicants
Cons
standing all day
Great place for motivated self starters
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 18, 2014
Small company feel that works hard to keep employees happy. Offers sporting event tickets as incentives. No micro management and very lean executive level of management. Great place to start your career or break into the management level of contracts and resources.
Productive Workplace
Administrative Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 6, 2014
Providing senior administrative support with the travel system for over five hundred federal employees. Which including learning three different travel systems. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with my travelers and building strong relationships.
Cons
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, KYSeptember 22, 2013
perform audits on all processes
learned new system
enjoyed all my coworkers and the environment
the people I worked with was the best part
small group of people was a great enviornment
Pros
bonuses
Very productive place to work
Administrative Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 23, 2012
I assisted the President of the company with day-to-day functions. The co-workers were really helpful and nice to work with. The hardest part were the hours and that it was only part time. I enjoyed working with my supervisor and my colleagues.
Pros
nice supervisor and interesting work
Cons
part time job only and the parking