Telligen Employee Reviews

Telligen was a great company to work for.
Project Assistant II (Former Employee) –  100 Army Post RdOctober 11, 2018
I worked at Telligen for almost 14 years it was an excellent company. I worked under the Iowa Medicaid contract and due to budget issues my position was eliminated.
Positive culture
Lead Review Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 25, 2018
Telligen projects a positive work culture. Healthcare is rapidly changing and Telligen did have the updates timely and delivered to the associates to keep everyone engaged and informed.
Pros
Associates worked together to resolve issues
Inside the Box skill development
Senior Health Informatics Solutions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 20, 2018
The work is primarily contractual so the jobs have been assigned accordingly instead of having a pool of employees with skills to be utilized across contracts, employees are hired specifically for a contract. This promotes skill development within a limited set of skills which may apply to the specific role, thous limiting the individual from being able to be utilized by the company to their full potential.
Just say no
Proposal Manager (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 25, 2018
Top heavy organization - expect to be micromanaged to the extreme. Extremely old school in management approach. Despite speaking of and attempting to care about work-life balance and attracting talent from emerging generations; it is really all a sham. Don't dare speak up or give advice based on your experience, it won't be taken. They are quick to add an in-humane workload and then 'write-up' when you aren't superman. Seriously reconsider.
Pros
Clean bathrooms? You can't use them, they are always being cleaned.
Cons
Management, Management techniques, ability to make changes, work-life balance, micromanaging
Fun to work at if you have a good manager
Sr. Health Informatics Solutions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 23, 2018
Telligen was my transition from bedside nursing to a computer job. I had the experience of working on a contract as a sub-prime, which has a lot of negatives to it. Overall, I had a good experience.
Beware
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJune 27, 2018
It is contract work.
Staff members are cut often
There is high turnover
Take calls
Work on Microsoft Office
There is high favoritism
Pay is lesser than it should be.
Pros
Benefits on the first of the month
Cons
They cut many staff members often. Contract work.
Okay work place
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 20, 2018
Telligen is an okay work place. The management is a bit off. They don’t really have a system of ways they want things done. It’s very unorganized and there’s always something changing and you won’t be told about the change until you’re scolded for not implementing the changes you had no idea about. Benefits are nice and after a year of working there you get a nice bonus that continues yearly.
Pros
Nice bonus, WFH opportunities
Cons
Management, organization
Challenging
RN (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 14, 2018
Office environment. Quotas and personal productivity levels highly variable. Staff split between offices in different states. Training, work, meetings, etc. performed via electronic media.
Review Assistant and Quality Improvement (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 12, 2018
I was only there as a temp helping them to scan a lot of medical records. I was able to stay long than assigned by working with another group. I was given the opportunity to work there full time, but I was in the process of moving and did not take the job.
Pros
Good pay.
Good place to work.
Tech (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMarch 24, 2018
Lots of great people. Unfortunately for myself, not enough of an advancement opportunity and pay at the current position wasn't enough. Only leaving for those two reasons.

Also, a little top heavy on management. This makes changing anything culture-wise difficult. It also eats up a ton of the salary cap that could be used to increase pay at positions that are more technical, thus helping win additional contracts. Just a personal opinion though.
Don't Believe it
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 14, 2018
I worked at Telligen for several years and they don't practice what they preach. Life work balance not taken into consideration, especially by management. Very cut-throat and lack of advancement unless are a favorite employee. All about the all mighty dollar.
Pros
Pay
Cons
no lunch breaks, long hours, provide your own supplies
A great place to work!
Assessor, Reviewer (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IA 50266November 27, 2017
In order to be successful at Telligen you should know your job well and be able to work independently. The biggest complaint I had was lack of communication. Many times telecommute employees feel left out of the loop and have a hard time connecting with and receiving a response from managers.
Lots of favoritism and discrimination
Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 16, 2017
There is not a lot of diversity at this company. Minorities are treated differently and it is overtly done. HR is only concerned with the company’s best interest and complaints are not taken seriously. Management plays favoritism with employees they “like”. They lie and scrutinize policies to support these lies. Some employees are able to work from home but not others and it’s at the managers decrepancy. Majority of co workers are nice and helpful.
Pros
Good pay, laid back environment, easy work
Cons
Management, racial discrimination, very little diversity
Great environment, No security
Core Standardized Assessor (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJune 8, 2017
The environment and benefits for Telligen was AMAZING. management was very supportive. I worked from home, and I found myself working around the clock to keep up with deadlines. and due to government changes in health care, job security is nil, because of so many compliance changes.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
constantly changing, no security
Overall a good place to work
Senior Review Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 3, 2017
The only issue I encountered at Telligen is that employees are constantly changing positions and frequently are placed in departments that they are completely unfamiliar with.
peer reviewer
Peer Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 28, 2017
I have worked for Telligen as a peer reviewer for over five years. In that time I have approved and denied claims based on medical necessity for the Minnesota Medicaid population.
Productive and fun place to work
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 1, 2017
Visit 5-6 members , educate on disease process
assist w/obtaining community resources to meet need, thus decreasing return to hospital.
I learned if you teach member how to manage their health it would decrease readmissions>
The work culture was very conducive and very close knit , everyone worked well together.
Most enjoyable part of the job was helping people to manage their health and co workers
Hardest part of the job was trying to contact members due to phones were disconnected or they had changed their numbers and not updated their information
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Lots of driving
Enjoyable staff and company
Medical Director for MN Medicaid (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 28, 2016
I provided on-line reviews of various cases, primarily for approving emergency medical assistance for non-citizens. I could work at home on my own time and still meet my obligations to my full-time employer.
Fun job with a great culture
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IADecember 11, 2016
I worked for the Iowa Medicaid contract. I learned about multiple different parts of Medicaid throughout the years. The management for the most part was great. I loved all of my co-workers and they were such good team members. My hardest part of my job was working with the policy department because they drove my line of work. The best part of my job was all of the wonderful people I worked with.
Great people, Good environment.
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 24, 2016
Telligen is a great company, its employees in mind. Each employee is a owner after one year and this has benefits. The training I received was not sufficient to complete the job, but this is not company wide. Its complex environment with little room for error. Redundancy is the work, which if you like regime and unchanging work - this is for you. The group contract with OHCA and that part of the job is quite interesting. Overall, I loved my time there.
Pros
Great people, good benefits, opportunities for investment inside the company, various contracts provide different aspects of the jobs and therefore, room to move within.
Cons
Training is lacking, expectations are high with little understanding of the processes, no room for error.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telligen. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about