Telos Corporation

Telos Corporation Employee Reviews

United States54 reviews

opportunitynicebenefitplacecompanygoodmanagementemployee

Great company

Great company Great management Great coworkers Not so good pay.If you’re looking to build skill and knowledge this is the place to be. If you’re looking for competitive pay look elsewhere.

Pros

Relaxed work environment

Cons

Low pay

Time Off

Great place to work, however it's very hard to get a raise. They'll give you plenty of time off, but it's like pulling teeth to get a raise. If you're set to retire and want to relax the last for years this place is for you.

Telos Corporation insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility

Can’t advance

No room for advancement. Job is a dead end and very unorganized. Pay is fair, they don’t micromanage, and you have some flexible WFH options as well.

No middle-man support in Company

I think it would have been a lot better of an experience if we had overall support from management. We were left with local bosses who treated us like we were more in the way than part of the team and when they reported unsatisfactory product from us to our Telos management, there was no inspection or investigation. We were just let go.

Great Contracting Company

As far as contracting companies go, this is a pretty good one. They care about your well-being and listen when you have a problem. They were up front about the actual work I'd be doing under the title I was given, so that is always appreciated. I don't have any complaints about Telos, they provide great resources for their employees.

Pros

Employee discounts, training and education reimbursement

Cons

can't think of any

Telos Is a wonderful place to work I worked for Telos for over 2 years I enjoyed my time with them I was a contractor my position was for a system administrator I deployed twice with Telos I must say I learned a lot met some pretty cool people along the way, the pay is great If I ever need a good place to call home it would be Telos

Pros

Pay, communication, travel, bonus, reliable, respectful

Cons

change there structure when it comes to sick leave a vacation time instead of using your PTO

Overall a great company

A great company that values hard working employees. Management is transparent and encourages motivation. Culture is pretty good and employees respect each other.

Cons

Lack of mentorship programs

Smaller Company/Great Place to Work

In my experience working for Telos I have virtually no complaints. Telos is a smaller company, which in my option is a good thing, that has the budget to pay their employees very competitively. While still having the framework of a larger company. (i.e. great benefits, etc.) Hours are easy going and flexible. PTO is generous and management is willing to work with you on any issues. You feel involved in the company since it is on the smaller size. There are several individuals who have worked for Telos for 20+ years. That says something. Highly recommend working for Telos. Health care is a tad bit expensive for a family.

Pros

Benefits/Compensation/Flexibility

Cons

Health Care

Work hard and make proper use of your downtime.

Workplace is very relaxed when it's not busy, which means that you should take advantage of that time to learn what you need to improve your skills. Training is as easy as asking your teammate or team leader. Team leaders even ask if you want to take part in documenting training if it's new, which makes you feel like you contribute to the team. Work schedule is also very good and they try really hard to ensure it works well with your personal schedule, especially if you're in school. Thinking about what the team needs and if they trust in you to fill that need, that makes you valued and valuable.

Pros

Relaxed work environment, solid teamwork, flexible schedule, feel valued for work contributions, management easy to talk to.

Cons

most benefits not available to part-timers

I must admit, I thought it was a scam...

When I was initially contacted by Telos I thought it was a scam, however once I took the chance and went in for an interview that all changed. Everyone there wants to see you succeed and advance and will assist you along the way. We are like a big family that enjoys having fun as we work.

Pros

When were in the office, there are lots of activities to relax

Cons

n/a

Working here is pretty good

As an individual who works on a military base for the company I am assigned to a comm unit and pretty much take my day to day tasks from them. This can mean some days I am rather busy while others just studying for certs. It is nice however that even though I am away from a Telos office building that I still have access to the company network either by my smart phone of PC. Telos makes great use of current mobile technology since not everyone works at a local office.I will say a downside is that when I started at the customer site I was given very little direction and had to kind of piece it together. I was not in contact with any other Telos personnel at the site till the day before I started and was not introduced to the shop I was to be working with till I was supposed to start work. Thankfully since then it has been pretty easy and the job is rather laid back but still busy at times. Overall a great place to work.

Pros

Flexible work hours on customer sites

Cons

Very little direction when starting at a customer site.

Learn and grow

If you are in the information technology or cyber security field, this would be the place to be. You definitely want to make sure you have your certifications or bachelor's degree to advance yourself.

Pros

Amazing work culture and ethics

Great place and great people

I love working for this company. My managers are supportive and understanding. Always encouraging me to improve myself. My co-workers are fun to be around and easy to work with. The work was challenging and fulfilling.

Very employee oriented, good pay and benefits.

I am very happy working at TELOS; they really care about employees and has excellent benefits, matching 401K and other perks and discounts at a variety of vendors. Many locations and IT positions available throughout the USA

The Google Look

The Google Look. A great place to work. I would recommend friends and family to work there. Really laid back. Give great Christmas Parties. Awesome Gifts.

Fantastic company to work for.

Fantastic company to work for. Could have asked for a better management team. I hope to have the opportunity to work with this company again in the future.

Fun workplace with great people

Fun workplace with great people. Great work/life balance and great management. Compensation could be better and benefits are okay. Great overall and easy to get your work done.

This was a contract position dealing with a Federal Government Client. The contract was dual between another contract prime. Upon contract rebid the incumbent contract pulled me on to their team.

Good Company

I am just going to say that Telos is a good company to work for. The people are nice and if it were up to me, I'd stay longer. Sometimes things happen with contract jobs that are outside the companies control.

Excellent company

Field management was under trained in dealing with personnel in the field. Lacked interpersonal skills company accommodations in field was second to none.

Pros

Travel

Cons

Field managers

Enjoyed Working there

Loved the people and opportunity to build my foundation in Cyber Security. Was a good mid size company, had good benefits and work life balance. Enjoyed everyone that i worked with

Common questions about Telos Corporation

Answered by current and former employees at Telos Corporation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telos Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits