Telos Corporation

Telos Corporation Employee Reviews in Ashburn, VA

You’re seeing reviews in Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA20 reviews
The Google Look. A great place to work. I would recommend friends and family to work there. Really laid back. Give great Christmas Parties. Awesome Gifts.
Fantastic company to work for. Could have asked for a better management team. I hope to have the opportunity to work with this company again in the future.
Fun workplace with great people. Great work/life balance and great management. Compensation could be better and benefits are okay. Great overall and easy to get your work done.
Field management was under trained in dealing with personnel in the field. Lacked interpersonal skills company accommodations in field was second to none.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Field managers
Loved the people and opportunity to build my foundation in Cyber Security. Was a good mid size company, had good benefits and work life balance. Enjoyed everyone that i worked with
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Working at Telos was great as an intern. There were flexible hours, a relaxed work environment, and many opportunities to learn. If you are interested in cyber security and looking for a friendly work environment, then Telos is a great place to work.
Telos is a quiet place to work. Good Communication with in the Company. Nice and helpful people to work with . Good training and frequent traveling from state to state.
Pros
Work from home days
Cons
Good place to work to get your start in IT, though pay is anywhere from 10-20% lower than the standard. Benefits are good, though 401k matching is super low compared to others in the industry and almost 5 years before fully vested.
Pros
Friendly People and Great Work/Life Balance
Cons
Salary and Benefits are not competitive enough; raises/bonuses are non-existent
My experience with working for the Telos Corporation is very rewarding. I have a better understanding in the Windows 7 to 10 migration that is happening around the world and I feel very confident in carrying out my knowledge upon my future job opportunities.
Pros
Free bottled beverages
They were honest about the length of the Contract. Work activities were reasonable, and most of the people were nice.

The position I had did not require a clearance, and I would have been interested in a long term position with them but the open position required an existing clearance which I did not have at that time.
This company has great remote work, and work/life features. It is great in that respect. However, they do not pay current rates for job roles. They do not give raises or bonuses. They didn't even give us a review.

Management is just awful all around. I don't care what team you are on. Everyone complains that the managers are jerks, inept, and rude. You are always expected to put in at least 50 hour work weeks. My boss wanted the hours added in at all times. They will let you get certs and train but it comes at a cost. You will have no growth or pay increase and be worked overtime for a thankless role.

The culture is good. The CEO is nice. They try to have little events there. There was no enjoyable point of the day to day job. The work was not challenging. The expensive training was never put to use because they do not make any strides to improve the way work is done in the 21st century.

This company is a huge regret. My boss was abusive daily, management was no support, and HR sides with the management to the point that you wish you had a lawyer. The best part of the job was being able to go to an appointment or work remotely when need be. You are supposed to be happy with that and free bottled juices and water. Day to day, I was miserable. Yet it was not worth the time wasted there being underpaid, overworked, and unsupported.

I am not an isolated case. I am not just a former employee that quit out of misery. I am one of out tons of co-workers that I have seen gripe, and quit out of the same, shared misery.

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR- DON'T APPLY TO THIS COMPANY!
Pros
remote work
Cons
pay, promotions, support, management
Really nice place to work, very friendly folks who really care about their employees. Telos has a really nice in-house Christmas party where employees are allowed to take a couple of hours off early to enjoy the season together.
A nice atmosphere to work, with friendly co-workers. However, there is little advancement opportunity and no transferable training. The only expectation is to perform your immediate duties.
Pros
Short commute, telework, friendly people, self-guiding roles
Cons
No advancement or professional training, little management engagement
Very laid back dress code; blue jeans and a shirt if you really want to. The CEO is a very nice guy and very understanding. Everyone there is very nice and easy to get along with. They brew Starbucks coffee there for the employees which is pretty nice.
Some management was exceptional and they were great to work for. Others were not as people friendly but they excelled at their expertise.

Funding and support for training was very good and the customer base was always growing.

Medical benefits and insurance were excellent

The work culture was often positive but advancements were typically slow.

It was common to see those earning degrees to quit and work elsewhere. I did.
Pros
Positive work culture
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities
During my employment with Telos, I've had the opportunity to learn different Oracle technologies and apply them into my daily routine. I have learned Oracle Streams and Oracle Wallet as well as strengthened my knowledge of Oracle 11g.
The management value their employees and gives credit when and where it is due. My co-workers are very knowledgeable and easy to work with. We continue to learn from each other daily.

The hardest part of the job is not having the necessary resources to implement Oracle technologies such as Oracle Grid control and Oracle RAC.

The most enjoyable part of the job is successfully troubleshooting and resolving given problems.
Pros
Easy access via Metro
Cons
Lack of telecommuting opportunities
Great people, great work/life balance. Very fun place to work. Management is great and very easy to work with.
Pros
Location, work life balance, management, health benefits
Cons
Compensation
Everyone here was very nice and helped each other good place to work
Pros
Travel
Cons
Never home much
Good Job environment with the ability to work from home 2 times per week
Cons
in 2 years never recieved a raise
Management was not great, but the work was very manageable, as were expectations.