Telos Corporation Employee Reviews

Good
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Patrick Afb, FLApril 3, 2019
Good place to work at. Nice people who work there. Nice pay and a good environment. I really enjoyed my work and time there and I thank telos for the opportunity.
Na
Client Support Technician - Mid (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 23, 2019
Telos pays well for the title you are given, however you might find yourself not doing the actual job you are hired to do. the workload is very slow pace at the location I am at. however management are good people everyone gets along very well.
Balance with good benefits
Applications Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alrlington VADecember 26, 2018
I was a contractor for Telos corp. The contract I worked on was lost at the end of our term and my employment was terminated. A Great company though. I would go back if i had the opportunity.
It was a good internship experience
Innovation Intern (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VASeptember 30, 2018
Working at Telos was great as an intern. There were flexible hours, a relaxed work environment, and many opportunities to learn. If you are interested in cyber security and looking for a friendly work environment, then Telos is a great place to work.
Working with Telos
GRC Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 4, 2018
The Telos work environment encourages creativity, embraces change, and rewards the individual and collective contributions of our employees. I think Telos Corporation is a great place to work.
Pros
Telos promotes a friendly work environment that shows true concern for employees.
Cons
Nothing comes to mind
Management can be improved
IT Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCAugust 24, 2018
The work/life balance is great, however management needs to be improved. There is also little room for growth and sub par salaries. In five years I never received an increase.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
management, opportunities, pay
Telos
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMay 31, 2018
Telos is a quiet place to work. Good Communication with in the Company. Nice and helpful people to work with . Good training and frequent traveling from state to state.
Pros
Work from home days
Progressive workplace
Senior Full stack Developer in Product Development (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJMay 25, 2018
Provides a challenging and a small but friendly work atmosphere. You have to pretty much find all your answers yourself as there is no infrastructure group.
Pros
Snacks and beverages
Cons
small office
Safe and relaxed work environment
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJanuary 5, 2018
My experience with working for the Telos Corporation is very rewarding. I have a better understanding in the Windows 7 to 10 migration that is happening around the world and I feel very confident in carrying out my knowledge upon my future job opportunities.
Pros
Free bottled beverages
I was a temporary employee
Jr. Technician Specialist Contractor (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VANovember 25, 2017
They were honest about the length of the Contract. Work activities were reasonable, and most of the people were nice.

The position I had did not require a clearance, and I would have been interested in a long term position with them but the open position required an existing clearance which I did not have at that time.
Great Company
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 7, 2017
if you want to excel take imitative to learn your job and keep advancing, pay was great, raises were to far apart. company would pay for you to go to school to achieve a better position
Pros
great company
Cons
raises were low
Don't bother, save yourseld
Developer (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VASeptember 18, 2017
This company has great remote work, and work/life features. It is great in that respect. However, they do not pay current rates for job roles. They do not give raises or bonuses. They didn't even give us a review.

Management is just awful all around. I don't care what team you are on. Everyone complains that the managers are jerks, inept, and rude. You are always expected to put in at least 50 hour work weeks. My boss wanted the hours added in at all times. They will let you get certs and train but it comes at a cost. You will have no growth or pay increase and be worked overtime for a thankless role.

The culture is good. The CEO is nice. They try to have little events there. There was no enjoyable point of the day to day job. The work was not challenging. The expensive training was never put to use because they do not make any strides to improve the way work is done in the 21st century.

This company is a huge regret. My boss was abusive daily, management was no support, and HR sides with the management to the point that you wish you had a lawyer. The best part of the job was being able to go to an appointment or work remotely when need be. You are supposed to be happy with that and free bottled juices and water. Day to day, I was miserable. Yet it was not worth the time wasted there being underpaid, overworked, and unsupported.

I am not an isolated case. I am not just a former employee that quit out of misery. I am one of out tons of co-workers that I have seen gripe, and quit out of the same, shared misery.

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR- DON'T APPLY TO THIS COMPANY!
Pros
remote work
Cons
pay, promotions, support, management
Nice place to work
Exchange Administration and Server Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJune 7, 2017
Really nice place to work, very friendly folks who really care about their employees. Telos has a really nice in-house Christmas party where employees are allowed to take a couple of hours off early to enjoy the season together.
Good Company Out of touch
NOC Operator (Former Employee) –  Pentagon, DCJune 6, 2017
Good company but out of touch with its employees, and didn't fill promises made. Company did not give raises for years, and expected more production. Teamed up with other bad company to try and win a contract it never should have lost.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Invest in your employees, offer better wages, improve your infrastructure, and most of all stop tolerating bad behavior.
A nice atmosphere to work, with friendly co-workers.
Task Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAApril 30, 2017
A nice atmosphere to work, with friendly co-workers. However, there is little advancement opportunity and no transferable training. The only expectation is to perform your immediate duties.
Pros
Short commute, telework, friendly people, self-guiding roles
Cons
No advancement or professional training, little management engagement
Productive Environment
Information Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDFebruary 15, 2017
Telos Corporation is a fantastic team-embodied work environment that is goal-oriented and focused on providing solutions for government agencies on cyber risk and data transmission.
Great Team and great enviroment
Sr. Sec Eng/Security Control Assessor-Validator (Current Employee) –  Eatontown, NJAugust 18, 2015
The NJ office has always been a close knit team that looks out for each other, always worked hard and played just as hard. It is not really a job if you love going into work each day.
Productive fast paced
Information Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 27, 2015
Work was fast paced, always changing, advancement opps, and management was okay and flexible too. Company was focused and had super integrity in business orders.
Pros
work
benefits
Very Fun, Laid back company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAFebruary 9, 2015
Very laid back dress code; blue jeans and a shirt if you really want to. The CEO is a very nice guy and very understanding. Everyone there is very nice and easy to get along with. They brew Starbucks coffee there for the employees which is pretty nice.
Worked there for 15 years, immpossible to summarize the wealth of knowledge I learned from the many people I worked with.
ASSITANT PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Virginia and relocated to Texas in 2008January 19, 2015
Great place to work, very supportive leadership and extremely supportive in climbing the corporate ladder. I learned so much from TELOS - started when i was 22 and worked there for almost 15 years so they were like my family and I learned how to deal with all types of rush/slow down and wait situations and then run around like a maniac and get it done! Whatever it took. I worked remotely from home for the last 6 years of my employment without a hitch. I adored my managers as people and as managers and took their constructive criticism and ran with it. The hardest part of my job was working for 5 different program managers and only one me...had to learn to prioritize and diplomatically deal with whom didn't come first.
Pros
benefits were amazing, very supportive company
Cons
i got laid off!!! Sometimes too many chefs in the kitchen.