Tempe Union High School District Employee Reviews

It's a great place to work.
School psychologist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 5, 2018
Flexible schedule. Decent benefits. Supportive management. Overall, I have enjoyed working here. I rarely, if ever, take anything home. It promotes a good work/life balance.
Great working environment
Teacher/Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 25, 2018
Love working in the Tempe District. Very professionally ran organization. I learned to collaborate with my co workers. One of the best district in AZ Great working environment. Learned a ton of information.
Pros
Awesome working environment
Cons
Better Pay
Maintenance Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 18, 2018
Tempe Union is a great place to work. The people are very friendly and dedicated to their work. Everyone is part of a big family and a team player. I enjoyed my time with them.
There are wonderful teachers, clerical, custodial workers that are excellent District do not value their employees.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 30, 2017
Over the years the overall respect for employees have deceased. The hardest part of the job is the not being appreciated. The most enjoyable part of the job is to serve students.
Good place for educator
Educator and Curriculum Developer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 1, 2017
The life of an English teacher is a stressful role no matter the institution. For this reason, this summary must consider that grading of essays and long writing assignments skews the work hours and the typical teaching requirements.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Typical educational politics
Was working as a custodian
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 13, 2017
Was assigned to clean the school facilities. I learned different cleaning methods during my experience in the work place. I never really had much management but it was pretty self explanatory. The work environment wasn't bad just slow at times. I didn't really have any bad work experiences over here but I did enjoy working with my friend while I was there.
Good Kids Horrible Administration
Security /Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 29, 2017
Ive never worked with such un professional administrators in my life. They have the most disrespectful and cut throat employees ever. I left with such bitterness that I will never work or want to work not only with kids but immature adults ever in my life.
supervisor was great
Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ 85283October 16, 2017
I had the freedom to schedule and provide service and parts as needed and had six sites that were satellite and 1 site provided my main service area and communications
Pros
People were friendly and casual.
Cons
had to leave before i was ready
Not worth it
Teacher's assistant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 5, 2017
Yes, you get to work for a school with spring, fall and winter break but it is too hectic and you don't get paid enough. Management is unfair and workplace is way to crazy with unfair advancement opportunities.
Pros
Healthcare and hours
Cons
Management and enviornment
Stepping Stone
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Ahwatukee, AZMay 18, 2017
I learned alot and had a great experience with students and staff. The district has great advantages and support for staff. Resources and relationships were great!

Want to know more about Tempe Union High School District?

Ask a question
Above Average Employer
Relief/Trip Driver (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 9, 2017
Overall positive experience, gained some extremely useful knowledge, communication wasn't always spot on, the hardest part of the job was trying to stay out of the workplace drama. Health care benefits are great for the employee.
Pros
Will pay for experiance
Cons
No Holiday Pay for Drivers, too much unpaid time off
Great Place to Work
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 4, 2017
This was a self-contained classroom environment for severe and profoundly affected by autism students. There was enough money to teach the students about life skills as well.
Pros
Community Outings, great staff to work with, technology was provided
Cons
Long work hours
Great Place to work
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 1, 2017
Typical day at work involves being in assigned classrooms. Sometimes I am assigned a specific student to follow. Each para is given a schedule and must be available to cover absent paras. We have a team environment to make things go smoother. IEP's for all students are available for review so we can be "in the know."
Good benefits, pay/ Horrible Management
Special Needs Bus Monitor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, ArizonaMarch 15, 2015
This is a great place as far as benefits go. You get medical/dental, and you even get raises without having to ask for them depending on how long you are employed. Unfortunately, there have been 3 different directors of transportation in my department and only one of them was truly competent and ran the department well. It's strange that this director was seeming run off by the administration and replaced with an incompetent director who has run the transportation department into the ground.
Pros
Good benefits, decent pay
Cons
Incompetent supervisors
Tempe Union High School District
Biology/Botany Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 25, 2014
This unique place to work included people working towards the same goal; excellent staff, teachers, administration, parents and students.
About Tempe High School District
Technology Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 15, 2013
I would developed curriculum and trainings materials used to train district certified and classified staff, in the use of computer based classroom/student information management software. Experienced in use and navigation in Canvas Instructure, Genesis/Synergy student information system,, Tyler Technologies IVisions- Human Resources, Payroll and Purchasing ect.

The hardest part of the job was lack of communication from the supervisors to employees at the district office. Also having to you do job duties that you are not trained for or part of your job discription.

Most enjoyable part is working with all the teachers and staff at the different schools that are in the school district.
Strong and fair management. Friendly work enviroment.
Bus Aide (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 13, 2012
The management has an open door policy. They are friendly, good to work with.
Pros
good schedule
Cons
split shifts
Very interesting working with Students
Cafeteria Student Cashier (Sales Associate) (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 29, 2012
This is a student friendly enviornment so it is so much fun working with people who you know friends and teachers who come and ask you for help in the cafe.
Pros
free food 4 days a week
Cons
very crowded sometimes, too many people for lunch.