TemperPack

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

No work life balance. We even have to work company holidays. Everyone is getting burnt out. The people make it enjoyable. I learn alot from the engineers and some of the supervisors.

Pros

Ok pay

Cons

Overworked

If you board this train, be on for the ride!

Fast-growing, purpose-led company with many opportunities to grow a career. Still maturing as an organization - mix of young and older leaders, team-oriented atmosphere. Sometimes hit bumps in the road because of the speed of growth, but overall quite a ride.

Good place to work at

I was hired by this company in 2019 and now it’s about to find a new job (2021). The people are nice to work with. U just get tired of working and breaks are 20 minutes.

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Try to find a new job that not with the company

Rapidly expanding manufacturing company with room to grow

I have worked at TemperPack for 3 years now and can say the company has come from a poorly managed organization to a knowing what they are doing and going. The work like balance here is currently sub-par. At my level, it can be sometimes self inflicted where I will stay to get the job completed. That type of attitude is rewarded here though. Putting in extra time and effort does not go unnoticed. It's a great place to learn and grow as an individual. Engineers, floor managers, VPs, and CEO's want to teach everyone so they can grow.

Pros

Rapid education in manufacturing

Cons

work like balance

Meaningful work, great people

I've worked for TemperPack for over two years. I am still learning all the time and doing work that is really satisfying. I've worked for other companies where I was ambivalent about the product we sold, and whether it actually helped our customers or made the world a better place. At TemperPack, we're not saving the world, but when our customers buy packaging from us, I know it's better for their product and for the planet than any other insulation they could buy. It's a good feeling going to work every day knowing you're helping to build a company that is doing good in that way. Also, the people here are smart, they care, they want to do the right thing. It's a good team. Last thought: this company is growing like crazy. I've developed skills here that make me better in my job, and I'll carry that with me, in more growth at TemperPack and further on in my career.

Pros

Team, mission, growth

Benefits

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Hard work pays off!

TemperPack is growing at an incredible rate. If you show up to work, work hard, and find ways to make yourself useful the sky's the limit. The hours can be long at times, but working along side great co-workers and seeing the end result makes it worth it.

Pros

not a lot of red tape to get decisions made

Cons

Production floor can be hot at times

Culture of Growth

I enjoy working for Temperpack because of the fast paced environment, culture of growth, and innovation from the top down. Since the company is still young and steadily growing, new challenges are presented daily. There is a very strong management team that does a great job of working together to accomplish the impossible. The culture here provides an immense opportunity to grow professionally through problem solving and hands on experience. This is a great place to work at if you have high expectations for yourself and want to be challenged on a daily basis.

High growth manufacturing company

There are a lot of opportunities for growth at this company and their mission of manufacturing recyclable packaging is cool. Good culture where managers care about you.

Great people, great culture!

TemperPack has been a great career choice for me. I love the relationships that I have built and the challenge to get better each day. The company is growing at a very rapid pace so it can be hectic at times, but the team always pulls together and overcomes any/all obstacles. I would highly recommend TemperPack to anyone who is a self-starter, creative, ambitious, and wants to have a lot of fun.

They use you then throw you away

I was hired as a Production Manager by the team in Richmond for the Las Vegas facility, however the management team in place at the Las Vegas facility had already made plans to hire their friend for the same role. They used my LEAN Manufacturing knowledge to get the ClimaCell Extruder and ancillary equipment up and running, then let me go because they double hired the role. I found the managers and VP to be less than truthful and to only look out for their well being. I would describe the management team as toxic, as they would not even show the smallest respect for the owners and founders and would constantly talk down about them behind their backs.

Cons

Don’t waste your time! You’ll end up quitting eventually

Be prepared to “not make plans.” In the interview they will not tell you, but there is no set schedule, they will work you to death, then write you up if you are five minutes late. Hard work goes unnoticed. They have drunks and people sleeping on the job that get more praise then everyone working their butt off because they know the boss. Super short staffed for a reason. They go through 5 or more people a week. Money is not worth the terrible environment! They will drive good people away and keep the lazy ones. No one has actually ran the equipment long enough to know what they are doing, but will have them train you anyways. The engineers and supervisors don’t even know how to run all the machines and will try to tell you how to. Every operator there has thought about quitting and only stay for the pay. Keep your sanity, avoid temperpack!

Pros

Cons

Everything you can think of

Just something to help fill the gap

If you come in through any temp agency expect lower wages than those who actually work there which is degrading given that you do the same work and are considered as equally important. The managers and supervisors only seem to enforce the rules on the employees contracted through the temp agencies. Ive been working here since October and have not been offered the contract nor a raise. They state you have to work a certain amount of hours to have it offered even though thats not traditionally how its done. Also the employees are rude and try to rush you. I plan on leaving this godforsaken company high and dry once something better comes along. No two weeks notice or nothing from me.

Pros

Paid every week

Cons

Unruly employees and managers. Less than ethical pay.

Production

Hot and low pay could be better if they fixed the place up and had more staff it’s good if you have nowhere else to go other than that I wouldn’t recommend

Pros

Pay

Cons

Hot

Over worked and exhausted

This place has too much emphasis on production numbers and not on how hard people are working. Lots of time they are short handed and still expect you to produce the numbers. Lower management such as shift or floor foreman, don't care about the employee. Sometimes not having enough people to allow you to get your last break of your shift. They only think about their number count. Very high employee turnover. Operators are expected to do more than just operate. Lots of time the operator is not watching the machine because he or she is expected to help pack and load material at the staging area for feeding the machine. Also when the machine is producing a lot of boxes, the operator has to move full boxes out of the way because wrapper person is overwhelmed with the rest of their duties don't have time to remove full boxes. Foreman are always pushing to get their numbers. Certain foreman are liars and don't tell the truth.

Pros

Only 3 day work week

Cons

Shorthanded, overworked and sometimes don't get your break

management and HR

Anyone in that warehouse can vouche for me when i say i was the hardest worker in the room, did everything i was told, and was a team player for this company for months. To them apparrently none of that matters since THEY DONT CARE ABOUT ANY TEMPS. A lot of favortism, management (account managers) needs retraining or rehiring since they act like they can walk over everyone and have no consequences for it. They’ll get on you even if your doing your job and will test your patience till you quit yourself or till they decide to let you go. Even when speaking to the CEO of this place, he did nothing to help except agree with management. Also Ive never heard of a company so unprofessional that they dont even have a HR or HR departmart in their warehouse, they just tell you to call a phone number and leave it at that. They get mad when you talk to the “client” about situations/problems in the warehouse and not to them.

Pros

Cons

management

Company doesn't care

You can be let go at any giving time. Your just a new face for the day no matter if you care and value your work. May be they care for the temperpac employee but mostly it's a temp position.

Pros

Cons

Was 15 mi. Break now 7

Not the best but you could do worse

This place is a mess. Its a small company so everything is always last minute and changing all the time. People pay for their managers mistakes by having to stay late, and it feels like accountability and follow through is nonexistent. But if you keep your head down and work at a fast pace, your good to go, and the pay is okay I guess

Pros

Always work, okay pay

Cons

managment was scattered, unresponsive to problems, sucks at communication, hot warehouse

Production

Job is stressful upper management has no clue on how to get the job. They give you no support and the culture is non existent. The last year here was awful glad I was let go. For no real reason but I felt relieved and happy I was no ok get going to deal with that management team.

Decent place to work

Overall a decent job. Has the energy of a young company. Hot but thats warehouse work by nature and they did attempt to keep the work area cool. Training program needs some attention. Organization needs a lot of attention. A few of the managers were helpful and others not so much. Manufacturing employees dont seem to be included in any of the perks which to me was divisive. Also separating people by the color if thwir vest was also divisive to me as well

Pros

Friendly co-workers

Cons

Training, readiness of equipment, divisive

Horrible company to work for

Human Resources are useless and wont help with any problems on pay checks as they would under pay or over pay you at least twice a month. managers are all over the place, never around to help when needed,overnight manager would sleep on the clock throw you around making you work different shifts that you were not assigned to work. Very dangerous work environment never had wear safety equipment around! People fired for no reasons by HR in West Virginia, never their own managers at the plant, managers would play favorites as they were friends prior to working at Temperpack.

Pros

Cons

everything

Disappointed

This company gives bad treatment, underpaid, bad management. Manager is a liar, shows no interest in helping the cause/process, noncompliant to current issues in the company. Human resources is misleading causing many people their jobs. Beware you will NOT be RESPECTED here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TemperPack. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7

• TemperPack
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?