Temple University Health System Employee Reviews

Productive Work plae with many challenges
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 29, 2018
A typical day at work was filled with challenges. You were always put in a positive atmosphere to learn something new everyday. I enjoyed my job, however due to several eye surgeries, I am now not able to work on a computer as much. Even now with a handicap, I have worked with such a wonderful team that I do not want to put them at a deficit because I know that my ability to get things done now will be much slower because of my sight. I would love to be able toremain with Temple, as I have worked there over 15 years. If I am able to find something in another area (with minimum computer use), that would work fine with me....
Pros
Great Team Spirit, lots of wonderful opportunities.
Cons
A large number of people who quality for the same promotions if available.
friendly work environment
PSA- Perioperative Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 22, 2018
very nice place to work , people friendly , patient care is excellent as well as for the families , most everyone works as a team and gets the job done.
Materials Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 9, 2018
Job satisfaction at Temple is very departmental. Some departments are run better than others. Some are very strictly by the book and policy, others skirt policy.
productive learning place.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 7, 2018
I love working at Temple, but I want to retire in Florida soon and relocate since my husband is retired. I worked with a nice team and enjoy them daily. I experienced working on first shift for 4 to 5 years , moved to second shift and finally landed to third shift which I enjoyed most.
The salary was wonderful
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 26, 2018
The salary was wonderful as well as the benefits the jet was promising with Ruth for advancement. Tuition reimbursement was available to all staff members as well as training programs. The emergency room staff where I worked Met my expectations of patient care.
Fast past
Scheduler/Claims Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 24, 2018
Come prepared to work - great place great co workers the management was a bit harsh at time but overall a great place to work. The benefits are the best -the entire family is covered
Management and Benefits
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 13, 2018
The compensation and benefits is the best part of Temple. Management is terrible. They hire people with no knowledge of the flor they’re hired for and they usually start out with the bare minimum educational requirements. Unable to properly handle employees and situations that arise.
Great Place to Work
Certified Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Specimen ProcessingOctober 10, 2018
One of the best places to work really enjoyed what I did here. Great benefits,pay also a teaching environment. Would love to go back and work just did not like working every other weekend.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Working every other weekend
Collaborative work environment with ups and downs
Digital Content Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 6, 2018
Leadership is unstable with the constant changes in management and makes support staff feel unsupported at times. Overall, staff was open to feedback and was understanding.
it was great
Credentialed Trainer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 4, 2018
Working here being under paid and not treated fairly. The president does not genuinly care about you and the neighborhood sucks its not safe at all. I would not recommend to anyone.
great place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 1, 2018
Temple is a great place to work and hospital/med surg. experience. Group Interview with different managers was fair and they match you with a floor they think will be a good fit.
Clerk
Clerical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 1, 2018
Answering the ACD phone line in a fast-paced matter to assist patients and colleagues

Schedule and register patients using IDX and Centricity system.

Assist patients with appointments within the Epilepsy Division as well as in other areas of the hospital.

Relate messages to physicians by using the "Epic System" electronic charting.

Obtain referrals and authorizations for diagnostic studies as well as medications.

Maintaining and organizing schedules for Physicians and Residents.
Pros
Free Education
Cons
Not enough room for growth
Worst Leadership Position Ever--RUN
Leadership (Former Employee) –  Temple University HospitalSeptember 27, 2018
Worst Place to work in a leadership position. The nurses are rude and disrespectful to leadership and their patients. It is a neverending job. The union controls the leadership decisions. There is no support and appreciation for excellence. Your success as a leader is based on who likes you and not your results. If you don't kiss up to your director and do as she pleases, you are outcast. There is no room for growth for a person of color. All they ask is that you shut up and do as they asked. Your opinion does not matter.
Cons
Disrespect, no appreciation, favoritism and discrimination.
Ok
PCA (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 25, 2018
They pay pretty good the veteran workers acts as if they win Temple . I do have the union and get proper benefits and great labor representatives. I like it there.
Pros
It'sunionized
Cons
bad administration, lack of communication, lack of managerial control
Productive work flow
Shift Operations Coordinator, Sterile Processing (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 25, 2018
It was a typical day at work and a fun learning experience working with some great professionals most of the doctors there where easy to get along with as,well as the OR nurses
good career option
Unit Clerk Floater (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 19, 2018
this is a very fast paced job, but if you are a great part-time employee your supervisor may hold you back from advancing. They have good incentives for hard work or working 16hr days. they acknowledge good work and they have tuition reimbursement for people who wants to go to school for nursing or other programs
Pros
free lunch incentive
Cons
may work 16hr days when your scheduled for 8hrs
Fast paced
Electrophysiology technologist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 19, 2018
The hardest part of the job is standing on my feet wearing lead all day. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to help people and seeing the results of a job well done.
This was my first job out of nursing school.
Nurse, Operating Room (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 12, 2018
My nursing education prepared me well to start work with minimal stress. I transferred to the OR because of not wanting to rotate sifts as was the norm at that time. Worked in the OR for 10 years
Pros
no night work
great place to work!
Crisis Response Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2018
i've been at temple only a few months now and i love it i am paid well the doctors and management are GREAT! what i love most about here is they recognize you for your job well done NO GOOD DEED GOES UNNOTICED here and sometimes you need that in the work place to feel somewhat appreciated!
Pros
everything
Cons
fast paced
not work full time
Front Desk Receptionist. Ophth (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 10, 2018
they just keep you working as a temporary employee cause they don't want to give you benefits. they do keep me working all year long. Meeting some really nice people and doctors
Pros
having a place to work
Cons
not hiring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Temple University Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about