Temple University Health System Employee Reviews

it was great
Credentialed Trainer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 4, 2018
Working here being under paid and not treated fairly. The president does not genuinly care about you and the neighborhood sucks its not safe at all. I would not recommend to anyone.
Clerk
Clerical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 1, 2018
Answering the ACD phone line in a fast-paced matter to assist patients and colleagues

Schedule and register patients using IDX and Centricity system.

Assist patients with appointments within the Epilepsy Division as well as in other areas of the hospital.

Relate messages to physicians by using the "Epic System" electronic charting.

Obtain referrals and authorizations for diagnostic studies as well as medications.

Maintaining and organizing schedules for Physicians and Residents.
Pros
Free Education
Cons
Not enough room for growth
Worst Leadership Position Ever--RUN
Leadership (Former Employee) –  Temple University HospitalSeptember 27, 2018
Worst Place to work in a leadership position. The nurses are rude and disrespectful to leadership and their patients. It is a neverending job. The union controls the leadership decisions. There is no support and appreciation for excellence. Your success as a leader is based on who likes you and not your results. If you don't kiss up to your director and do as she pleases, you are outcast. There is no room for growth for a person of color. All they ask is that you shut up and do as they asked. Your opinion does not matter.
Cons
Disrespect, no appreciation, favoritism and discrimination.
Productive work flow
Shift Operations Coordinator, Sterile Processing (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 25, 2018
It was a typical day at work and a fun learning experience working with some great professionals most of the doctors there where easy to get along with as,well as the OR nurses
Very friendly
operating room assistance (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 2, 2018
I would go back if i needed to. Very friendly to place to work. The team i worked with was a team player. Very safe . Clean place. The operation rooms are always clean. Everything in place.
Pros
No discounts
Toxic management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 31, 2018
I’ve been here almost ten years. Turnover rate among nurses is extremely high. Management is not supportive of nursing staff. Culture is punitive and hostile between admin and staff nurses. Many units are badly maintained and in desperate need of an update. Constant short staff leads to multiple phone calls/guilt trips on your days off. Managers have been away from the bedside for many years and are unable to provide clinical support.
Pros
Good health benefits
Cons
Poor management
Employee gym onsite
MENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Episcopal Campus- Philadelphia PAAugust 26, 2018
Temple offers benefits for part-time employees.

Temple has an employee gym onsite. The price is very reasonable gt, but I was not a member.

Excellent tuition reimbursement program.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Fast paced
Electrician / Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 22, 2018
Always on the go. Walking over several miles per day. Very active lifestyle employment. Meet new people everyday. Very fast paced hospital. Great hospital/bad neighborhood.
Cons
Parking. Short lunch/breaks
Great work environment
Clinical Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 21, 2018
Enjoy working for company that supports staff engagement. Staff are cohesive and supportive. Nurses are eager to help each other and are friendly. Management does not interfere or micro manage.
Pros
Collaboration and engaged
A Typical Day at Temple
Practice Billing Liaison (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 29, 2018
A typical day at Temple for me is always relaxed. I pretty much create my own schedule and outline my day. I choose my start time as well as my lunch. My vacation time, for the most part, is always approved and working from home is available from time to time. I've learned a lot throughout my tenure and am excited to see what the next phase of life has to offer.

The culture in my department is pretty restricted, employees aren't encouraged to engage in discussions with each other (work related or otherwise). On the positive, our department has monthly pizza parties when we meet goals, a savings club, and birthday club if you celebrate birthdays.

The greatest benefit is employee tuition remission for employees to attend Temple University. Dependants receive a discount as well, something like 50% off of 12 credits per semester. I may not have that information correct; however, it's a similar discounted benefit. Check Temple out if you're interested.
Pros
Employee Tuition
Cons
Limited growth
Patient Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 15, 2018
Very fast pace but you will learn ALOT. Can have more teamwork in the whole place as a whole but overall I love my department and you really get a chance to see you make a difference.
Not a good place to work if you want advancement
Administration (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2018
Dont work here its not worth it. Dont believe them in a interview that its a great place to work and room for advancement. Its all a lie. Stay away if you want to be happy.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
The job sucks management is horrible
Good team working environment.
Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 23, 2018
The Community Health Worker position is not respected ln regards to pay, when a person can still qualifies for food stamps then one is not earning a livable wage.
Think before you take a position
Nursing Leadership (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 12, 2018
Although Temple would not be considered to be in a "nice" area to work in the city, I always felt safe, because of the security presence in the area. I received a very reasonable salary for my position, but the climate/culture is very politically motivated. I do not mean politicals, such as "government" politics, but more along the lines of "who is at the top of the food chain", etc.
Pros
Great Salary and reasonable benefits
Cons
Very politically-charged climate
No room for advancement
Receptionist/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 25, 2018
There is no room for advancement and also employees in my position have not received a raise in three years. Sometimes this company can be very cut throat.
Ambulatory Care Clinical APPE Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 11, 2018
Working with the underserved of the greater Philadelphia area was rewarding to say the least. As a teaching hospital the residents (house-staff) are exposed to urban medicine and take or rather assumer a lot of responsibility and it is wonderful working with them and teaching them
Great place to work!
Events & Stewardship Intern (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 19, 2018
I interned at the Temple Health System for two semesters and loved it. Everyone is incredibly friendly and helpful. It's a real team. Even when the actual work wasn't the most fun, it was great because I knew how much the work I was doing would be helping other people. From money raised for scholarships to teaching the surrounding community about healthcare, it was really rewarding.
Stressful, far from home, never ended job
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elkins Park, PAFebruary 5, 2018
Always have something to do. Neverending job. Lunches are never on time, not stable hours, have to get up early, and sometimes go home very late, because of the schedule, patients are rude, even if you are trying to be nice and stay calm and polite with them.
Pros
Good start for first experience from school
Cons
Salary not fair
Management gossip
Sr Application Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 4, 2018
Managers like to gossip about past employees and their faults or how new ones could never replace the past employees. I felt I never was given a fair chance to prove myself. No training or mentoring, you're on your own to keep up with their idea of how things work. Manager had no idea how to implement new people at the office, still doesn't.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
manager sucks
Loved what I did, poor management reason I left
Transplant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  TUHDecember 20, 2017
Worked in transplant, loved my job, co-workers, physicians, great work, good team. Extremely poor management in transplant. No communication, no feedback, no engagement with staff, no appreciation of hard work, good outcomes. When they do get involved, micro-managers in punitive environment. Toxic!
Unbelievably high turnover in transplant. Most nurses there an average of two years. People with experience leave due to poor management. No one there to educate or train new staff. Revolving door.
Despite notification of concerns to HR, no involvement or improvement. Administrator does not acknowledge your existence. No staff meetings, no formal communication. You find things out on the fly. Very frustrating to work there! Discouraging and sad. So much potential there and not tapped in to! Managers not supportive of internal education. Managers state that people leave because "they don't like change". Trust me....we begged for change!!
Pros
Great team, salary, benefits
Cons
Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Temple University Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Temple University Health System Reviews by Location