Temple University Health System Employee Reviews

Ambulatory Care Clinical APPE Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 11, 2018
Working with the underserved of the greater Philadelphia area was rewarding to say the least. As a teaching hospital the residents (house-staff) are exposed to urban medicine and take or rather assumer a lot of responsibility and it is wonderful working with them and teaching them
Great place to work!
Events & Stewardship Intern (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 19, 2018
I interned at the Temple Health System for two semesters and loved it. Everyone is incredibly friendly and helpful. It's a real team. Even when the actual work wasn't the most fun, it was great because I knew how much the work I was doing would be helping other people. From money raised for scholarships to teaching the surrounding community about healthcare, it was really rewarding.
Management gossip
Sr Application Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 4, 2018
Managers like to gossip about past employees and their faults or how new ones could never replace the past employees. I felt I never was given a fair chance to prove myself. No training or mentoring, you're on your own to keep up with their idea of how things work. Manager had no idea how to implement new people at the office, still doesn't.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
manager sucks
Loved what I did, poor management reason I left
Transplant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  TUHDecember 20, 2017
Worked in transplant, loved my job, co-workers, physicians, great work, good team. Extremely poor management in transplant. No communication, no feedback, no engagement with staff, no appreciation of hard work, good outcomes. When they do get involved, micro-managers in punitive environment. Toxic!
Unbelievably high turnover in transplant. Most nurses there an average of two years. People with experience leave due to poor management. No one there to educate or train new staff. Revolving door.
Despite notification of concerns to HR, no involvement or improvement. Administrator does not acknowledge your existence. No staff meetings, no formal communication. You find things out on the fly. Very frustrating to work there! Discouraging and sad. So much potential there and not tapped in to! Managers not supportive of internal education. Managers state that people leave because "they don't like change". Trust me....we begged for change!!
Pros
Great team, salary, benefits
Cons
Poor management
Na
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 30, 2017
Overall good place to work learn and grow. The doctors are leaders in there field and you will do alot and see alot more than your average community hospital.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
The staff arent that friendly epecially to students
good place to work
Radiographer (Former Employee) –  3401 N Broad St.October 11, 2017
I was an agency pool technologist covering Interventional Radiology and Diagnostic Radiology. i enjoyed the time I worked there. I was not need anymore when Children's Temple Hospital closed. I would consider working here again.
Pros
good pay
Cons
they go on strike
productive
BILLING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  phialdelphia paOctober 2, 2017
busy but relaxed good place to work,. you will learn excel and succeed . the workplace culture is excellent. employees work as a team and your manager is always willing to help out
Great Co-workers
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 14, 2017
Great Benefits, wounderful co-workers. Although, productivity was stressed a lot on a daily basis, client care was always foremost. It was a shame to see the Hospital close.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Hospital closed
Fun and productive place to work
Secretary to Director (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 12, 2017
Days were pretty much the same. Some time fun, sometimes hectic but tolerable. Learned a lot from faculty who I had the opportunity to work with. Personally I didn't find to much that was hard to do. I like the job I had.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
The change of director
Productive place to work
Inventory Services Manager, Supply Chain Services (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 24, 2017
When we were permitted to to complete our jobs without being micro managed, we got very much accomplished. Because of turnover in management, there was an always changing scope for most departments.

Want to know more about Temple University Health System?

Ask a question
Hr/Admins are a nightmare, benefits/vacation take many months to kick in
Research Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 12, 2017
The pay is decent and the research/equipment is cutting edge but the administrative side of the job is a nightmare. Benefits take multiple months to kick in, you may have very little vacation time your first year, and parking is extremely expensive. Bad neighborhood, feel unsafe walking from the parking garage to work.

HR is widely complained about as are many of the admins. I feel like the HR/admins are doing the absolute minimum amount of work and act belligerent when you come to them because they know they won't get fired.

The atmosphere is overall unfriendly and competitive, I see little to no collaboration.

There are far better places to work.
Pros
Cutting edge research, new equipment, updated facilities
Cons
Terrible HR/admins, benefits take a long time to kick in, competitive/unfriendly atmosphere, bad neighborhood
GME Program Administrator
Gme program administrator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 28, 2017
Really hostile environment
Everyone tried to steer clear of management
They lack soft skills
Managers talk about you to other admins
No Presence of HR
No real training with the expectation that thou know the work.
Really hate it
Horrible Manage ment
Pros
Own space
Cons
Everything else
explosive
Network Analyst, Systems and Technology (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 16, 2017
As the health system grew, so to did Temple University Health System's reputation. The business culture supported the overarching needs of the patients and mission to become known as a center of excellence in the region.
Pros
Focused
Busy Er
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 11, 2017
I work in the Emergency Department Patient Access Rep. I verify patient information. date of birth get patients Insurance cards. Verify there doctors. Check Insurances with Passport or Navinet. Also help the nurses if they need anything.
Pros
They do Ice Cream day, Free Hoagies
Cons
breaks are not bad. But Insurances are very expensive.
A stressful and demeaning atmosphere and culture.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 28, 2017
Senor management is clueless. After 25 years of employment I could not in good conscience continue to work there. The only focus for senor management is to destroy the current PASNAP union and oust it.
Treatment of employees is unprofessional and childish to say the least.
Also, the neighborhood is like a war zone. Do not stay past dark and venture outside.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, many unprofessional employess and low pay.
Temple University hospital
Food service attendant/cashier (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 20, 2017
Ring up many customers in a very busy hospital cafeteria. I also help out with production and different stations within the cafeteria. I also refill condiments, snacks and produce.
Pros
I get to meet new people almost everyday
Cons
You have to deal with different personalites good or bad daily
great place to work
OR Scheduling Supervisor (Current Employee) –  OR scheduling supervisorMarch 17, 2017
I enjoy my current position. Management is helpful, and encouraging. I have a great position but would like to continue a career in coding full-time.
Pros
challenging work
Cons
no growth
Great experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 6, 2017
I worked with an excellent team of doctors and gained a lot of valuable experience. I left to return to school to become a licensed practical nurse.The doctors i worked with were very nice and patient.
Why the high turnover
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Main HospitalJanuary 2, 2017
When a director that you look up to says, "The only way to get promoted is if people like you". Not that you're doing a great job, not that you work hard, volunteer to help others. It's all about popularity. Ask them to see the Employee engagement serves, or the new Cultural engagement surveys. The detachment from senior management and the working bees, is so great, unless that changes it will never be a great place to work, just a good place to work. The health benefits are some of the best, but only because of the Union, oh yes and the fact that they have a Union is an indication that you need one.
Pros
Health benifits
Cons
very poor management
Productive, fun place with kitchen, bedrooms, and lounge.
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 1, 2016
Fantastic facility. Management goes above and beyond to assist even the most tiny details in everyone's life, and they are completely competent at their jobs, and exceeding all expectations. Great facility tools, such as a kitchen and supplies, an extra medications room, state-of-the-art trucks, and even bedrooms for people to rest in. They make everyone feel like family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Temple University Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Temple University Health System Reviews by Location