Temple University Health System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great work environment
Clinical Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 21, 2018
Enjoy working for company that supports staff engagement. Staff are cohesive and supportive. Nurses are eager to help each other and are friendly. Management does not interfere or micro manage.
Pros
Collaboration and engaged
A Typical Day at Temple
Practice Billing Liaison (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 29, 2018
A typical day at Temple for me is always relaxed. I pretty much create my own schedule and outline my day. I choose my start time as well as my lunch. My vacation time, for the most part, is always approved and working from home is available from time to time. I've learned a lot throughout my tenure and am excited to see what the next phase of life has to offer.

The culture in my department is pretty restricted, employees aren't encouraged to engage in discussions with each other (work related or otherwise). On the positive, our department has monthly pizza parties when we meet goals, a savings club, and birthday club if you celebrate birthdays.

The greatest benefit is employee tuition remission for employees to attend Temple University. Dependants receive a discount as well, something like 50% off of 12 credits per semester. I may not have that information correct; however, it's a similar discounted benefit. Check Temple out if you're interested.
Pros
Employee Tuition
Cons
Limited growth
Patient Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 15, 2018
Very fast pace but you will learn ALOT. Can have more teamwork in the whole place as a whole but overall I love my department and you really get a chance to see you make a difference.
Not a good place to work if you want advancement
Administration (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2018
Dont work here its not worth it. Dont believe them in a interview that its a great place to work and room for advancement. Its all a lie. Stay away if you want to be happy.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
The job sucks management is horrible
Good team working environment.
Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 23, 2018
The Community Health Worker position is not respected ln regards to pay, when a person can still qualifies for food stamps then one is not earning a livable wage.
Think before you take a position
Nursing Leadership (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 12, 2018
Although Temple would not be considered to be in a "nice" area to work in the city, I always felt safe, because of the security presence in the area. I received a very reasonable salary for my position, but the climate/culture is very politically motivated. I do not mean politicals, such as "government" politics, but more along the lines of "who is at the top of the food chain", etc.
Pros
Great Salary and reasonable benefits
Cons
Very politically-charged climate
No room for advancement
Receptionist/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 25, 2018
There is no room for advancement and also employees in my position have not received a raise in three years. Sometimes this company can be very cut throat.
Ambulatory Care Clinical APPE Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 11, 2018
Working with the underserved of the greater Philadelphia area was rewarding to say the least. As a teaching hospital the residents (house-staff) are exposed to urban medicine and take or rather assumer a lot of responsibility and it is wonderful working with them and teaching them
Great place to work!
Events & Stewardship Intern (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 19, 2018
I interned at the Temple Health System for two semesters and loved it. Everyone is incredibly friendly and helpful. It's a real team. Even when the actual work wasn't the most fun, it was great because I knew how much the work I was doing would be helping other people. From money raised for scholarships to teaching the surrounding community about healthcare, it was really rewarding.
Stressful, far from home, never ended job
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elkins Park, PAFebruary 5, 2018
Always have something to do. Neverending job. Lunches are never on time, not stable hours, have to get up early, and sometimes go home very late, because of the schedule, patients are rude, even if you are trying to be nice and stay calm and polite with them.
Pros
Good start for first experience from school
Cons
Salary not fair
Management gossip
Sr Application Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 4, 2018
Managers like to gossip about past employees and their faults or how new ones could never replace the past employees. I felt I never was given a fair chance to prove myself. No training or mentoring, you're on your own to keep up with their idea of how things work. Manager had no idea how to implement new people at the office, still doesn't.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
manager sucks
Loved what I did, poor management reason I left
Transplant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  TUHDecember 20, 2017
Worked in transplant, loved my job, co-workers, physicians, great work, good team. Extremely poor management in transplant. No communication, no feedback, no engagement with staff, no appreciation of hard work, good outcomes. When they do get involved, micro-managers in punitive environment. Toxic!
Unbelievably high turnover in transplant. Most nurses there an average of two years. People with experience leave due to poor management. No one there to educate or train new staff. Revolving door.
Despite notification of concerns to HR, no involvement or improvement. Administrator does not acknowledge your existence. No staff meetings, no formal communication. You find things out on the fly. Very frustrating to work there! Discouraging and sad. So much potential there and not tapped in to! Managers not supportive of internal education. Managers state that people leave because "they don't like change". Trust me....we begged for change!!
Pros
Great team, salary, benefits
Cons
Poor management
Na
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 30, 2017
Overall good place to work learn and grow. The doctors are leaders in there field and you will do alot and see alot more than your average community hospital.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
The staff arent that friendly epecially to students
good place to work
Radiographer (Former Employee) –  3401 N Broad St.October 11, 2017
I was an agency pool technologist covering Interventional Radiology and Diagnostic Radiology. i enjoyed the time I worked there. I was not need anymore when Children's Temple Hospital closed. I would consider working here again.
Pros
good pay
Cons
they go on strike
productive
BILLING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  phialdelphia paOctober 2, 2017
busy but relaxed good place to work,. you will learn excel and succeed . the workplace culture is excellent. employees work as a team and your manager is always willing to help out
Great Co-workers
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 14, 2017
Great Benefits, wounderful co-workers. Although, productivity was stressed a lot on a daily basis, client care was always foremost. It was a shame to see the Hospital close.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Hospital closed
Fun and productive place to work
Secretary to Director (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 12, 2017
Days were pretty much the same. Some time fun, sometimes hectic but tolerable. Learned a lot from faculty who I had the opportunity to work with. Personally I didn't find to much that was hard to do. I like the job I had.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
The change of director
Productive place to work
Inventory Services Manager, Supply Chain Services (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 24, 2017
When we were permitted to to complete our jobs without being micro managed, we got very much accomplished. Because of turnover in management, there was an always changing scope for most departments.
Hr/Admins are a nightmare, benefits/vacation take many months to kick in
Research Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 12, 2017
The pay is decent and the research/equipment is cutting edge but the administrative side of the job is a nightmare. Benefits take multiple months to kick in, you may have very little vacation time your first year, and parking is extremely expensive. Bad neighborhood, feel unsafe walking from the parking garage to work.

HR is widely complained about as are many of the admins. I feel like the HR/admins are doing the absolute minimum amount of work and act belligerent when you come to them because they know they won't get fired.

The atmosphere is overall unfriendly and competitive, I see little to no collaboration.

There are far better places to work.
Pros
Cutting edge research, new equipment, updated facilities
Cons
Terrible HR/admins, benefits take a long time to kick in, competitive/unfriendly atmosphere, bad neighborhood
GME Program Administrator
Gme program administrator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 28, 2017
Really hostile environment
Everyone tried to steer clear of management
They lack soft skills
Managers talk about you to other admins
No Presence of HR
No real training with the expectation that thou know the work.
Really hate it
Horrible Manage ment
Pros
Own space
Cons
Everything else