Temple University Health System Employee Reviews

great experience
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 14, 2019
I missed working here. There were a lot of opportunities here and great benefits. I'm sorry that I had to relocate. I would recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
salary benefits opportunities advancement good people
Cons
neighborhood
The salary was wonderful
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 26, 2018
The salary was wonderful as well as the benefits the jet was promising with Ruth for advancement. Tuition reimbursement was available to all staff members as well as training programs. The emergency room staff where I worked Met my expectations of patient care.
Fast past
Scheduler/Claims Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 24, 2018
Come prepared to work - great place great co workers the management was a bit harsh at time but overall a great place to work. The benefits are the best -the entire family is covered
Management and Benefits
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 13, 2018
The compensation and benefits is the best part of Temple. Management is terrible. They hire people with no knowledge of the flor they’re hired for and they usually start out with the bare minimum educational requirements. Unable to properly handle employees and situations that arise.
Toxic management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 31, 2018
I’ve been here almost ten years. Turnover rate among nurses is extremely high. Management is not supportive of nursing staff. Culture is punitive and hostile between admin and staff nurses. Many units are badly maintained and in desperate need of an update. Constant short staff leads to multiple phone calls/guilt trips on your days off. Managers have been away from the bedside for many years and are unable to provide clinical support.
Pros
Good health benefits
Cons
Poor management
Great Place to Work
Certified Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Specimen ProcessingOctober 10, 2018
One of the best places to work really enjoyed what I did here. Great benefits,pay also a teaching environment. Would love to go back and work just did not like working every other weekend.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Working every other weekend
Great opportunity to grow.
Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2018
Quick pace place. Great pay and benefits.
People treat each other fairly.
Overall management I’ve came across is solid across the board. Great opportunities to achieve goals.
Ok
PCA (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 25, 2018
They pay pretty good the veteran workers acts as if they win Temple . I do have the union and get proper benefits and great labor representatives. I like it there.
Pros
It'sunionized
Cons
bad administration, lack of communication, lack of managerial control
not work full time
Front Desk Receptionist. Ophth (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 10, 2018
they just keep you working as a temporary employee cause they don't want to give you benefits. they do keep me working all year long. Meeting some really nice people and doctors
Pros
having a place to work
Cons
not hiring
Employee gym onsite
MENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Episcopal Campus- Philadelphia PAAugust 26, 2018
Temple offers benefits for part-time employees.

Temple has an employee gym onsite. The price is very reasonable gt, but I was not a member.

Excellent tuition reimbursement program.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Great place for your career
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 9, 2018
Temple University Hospital is well renowned. As a registered nurse I am happy in all aspects of my career here at Temple. Some of the key factors that I love about my job are how positive the environment is for you and your coworkers, salary and benefits, able to make my own schedule, availability of overtime if that's what you wish, and yearly raises and incentives.
Think before you take a position
Nursing Leadership (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 12, 2018
Although Temple would not be considered to be in a "nice" area to work in the city, I always felt safe, because of the security presence in the area. I received a very reasonable salary for my position, but the climate/culture is very politically motivated. I do not mean politicals, such as "government" politics, but more along the lines of "who is at the top of the food chain", etc.
Pros
Great Salary and reasonable benefits
Cons
Very politically-charged climate
No room for advancement
Receptionist/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 25, 2018
There is no room for advancement and also employees in my position have not received a raise in three years. Sometimes this company can be very cut throat.
Great teaching institution
Charge Nurse-Radiation Oncology (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 12, 2018
High acuity, great place to learn and grow your career. Can be high stress at times. Work culture is shifting as they apply for Magnet status so there is a slight improvement with administration.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
safety
Fair
Receptionist/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 31, 2018
The job was a good place to work unfortunately I got laid off amongst others or else I would have still been there. Sometimes change is good cause there really was no room for advancement.
Great place to work!
Events & Stewardship Intern (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 19, 2018
I interned at the Temple Health System for two semesters and loved it. Everyone is incredibly friendly and helpful. It's a real team. Even when the actual work wasn't the most fun, it was great because I knew how much the work I was doing would be helping other people. From money raised for scholarships to teaching the surrounding community about healthcare, it was really rewarding.
Temple health system
Food Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Perioperative Services assistantDecember 4, 2018
Great place to work would love to go back and pursue my career, very quick paste opportunity to excel unlimited overtime the managers are great and will work with you at times.
Pros
You will pay for lunch and you will pay the parking
Cons
1hr break
Poor Leadeship
Supervisor of Finance (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaMarch 12, 2018
The Finance Department is poorly managed and feeds on clickish behavior and favoritism among the staff. The large turnover of clerical employees is never addressed by Human Resources.
Pros
Free parking, Good benefits
Cons
Poor Management, low morale
Productive Work plae with many challenges
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 29, 2018
A typical day at work was filled with challenges. You were always put in a positive atmosphere to learn something new everyday. I enjoyed my job, however due to several eye surgeries, I am now not able to work on a computer as much. Even now with a handicap, I have worked with such a wonderful team that I do not want to put them at a deficit because I know that my ability to get things done now will be much slower because of my sight. I would love to be able toremain with Temple, as I have worked there over 15 years. If I am able to find something in another area (with minimum computer use), that would work fine with me....
Pros
Great Team Spirit, lots of wonderful opportunities.
Cons
A large number of people who quality for the same promotions if available.
Temple University Hospital
Radiology and CT tech (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 3, 2018
Lack of leadership and direction

Also to much control of the Union in letting the appropriate people be allowed to work. It has been a revolving door for employees who do nothing and get to keep there jobs even though those employees should be fired
Pros
the work
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Temple University Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Temple University Health System Reviews by Location