Temple University School of Medicine Employee Reviews

Administrative Specialist
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 22, 2018
Provided good job stability but lower than average pay for the area. Culture is not great. Majority of employees are older and not skilled enough keep pace with today's technology. Wages increase in minor increments and there is zero room for advancement.
Pros
Flexibility of hours
Cons
Culture, No room for advancement, low pay.
Challenging medical practice with cutting edge therapies being offered.
Certified Nurse Practitioner - Cardiology Division (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2018
Temple offers multiple opportunities for learning and maintaining competency as well as becoming more proficient in your job. Unfortunately, Temple does not staff appropriately and hires poorly prepared people for support staff that are not trained well once hired. This increases work load and decreases the efficiency of the section/division. Very little time to actually take advantage of educational offerings.
No support for work/life balance. inflexible scheduling, onerous time off requesting procedures add to long days and sometimes inability to use full compensation package.

The culture supports depending on the better workers to give more and cover for less proficient workers. Worse, do not hire appropriate numbers of FTE's to do a job well.
Pros
Excellent benefits package, highly competative pay, research opportunities
Cons
Inflexible scheduling, authoritative management practices, no work life balance.
Undergraduate research assisant
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 31, 2018
I was grateful to have access to the labs and research mentors at TUSM. It is a great place for undergraduates to gain experience and put their knowledge from coursework into action.
I come to work
Lead Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 11, 2018
I don't have anything completely negative or positive to say about working here. I come to work and then leave. I believe as long as you come here do to your job you won't have a problem. I believe like every other place, there are cliques. I don't bother with them.
My boss makes sure I'm always good. Management wants me to do well. Take classes to learn more about your current position, and take advantage of the benefits given out here at Temple (like 100% tuition reimbursement at Temple).
I love Temple University
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 25, 2018
I love the academic environment. I would return to Temple. I liked the people, students and faculty. If giving the opportunity I would return. It was a lot of fun and exciting.
Great place to work with smart lab group
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 12, 2017
Lab work was interesting. Literature review was even more interesting. Coworkers were sometimes late for work. Overall fun place to work. A relaxed environment.
Good Learning Experience
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 23, 2017
I performed immunohistochemistry experiments and did a lot of cryostat sectioning. I enjoyed working in the lab atmosphere. Everyone is so nice and helpful.
Diversity
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 20, 2017
I like the diversity that they have in Temple University, I also like how friendly are the students and the professors. At this University I did my Ph.D. and learn molecular biology.
Pros
Is a teaching university.
Cons
No much money to do research.
Fast Paced Environment but not stressful at all
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 19, 2017
I enjoyed working at the School of Medicine, the faculty and Staff was like family to me.

It was a respectful, peaceful working environment and all departments worked collectively together without any issues or concerns.

If I did not have to relocate due to family, I would have stayed for the long haul.
Pros
Team environment excellent department coordination
a working friendly place
postdoctoral fellow (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 30, 2017
Meet some nice colleagues here. It is a working place people are willing to help you. If you are about to launch your career, this is a good place to start.
High paced
Standardized Patient Instructor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 26, 2017
High paced job with a sometimes rigorous schedule. You learn alot about the medical field but the management is often stressed which leads to an unpleasant work environment.
Difficult to communicate with upper management in the Finance Office. Not helpful.
Business Manager for Research Departments (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 12, 2016
Temple University School of Medicine's working environment does not allow its employees to thrive and be productive. They are not as progressive in allowing employees to transfer into other positions. They are more willing to hire from the outside than from within.
Benefits
Many different positions in one
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 16, 2016
I was unable to give my full expertise due to lack of employees so I was forced to work in areas that were unfamiliar for myself. I would have like to explore more management responsibilities.
Great place if you are in the right department
Curriculum Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 8, 2016
It is s very interesting place to work. At times very hectic and unmanageable. Love my coworkers. There are constant people and system changes. Some of the changes are done in haste.
Systems are quirky.
Great Benefits
Lead Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 20, 2015
Temple has excellent benefits for thier employees.

Pros - excellent benefits including the tuition benefit for dependants. Good pay as well.

Cons - no room for advancement as people hardly ever retire... There are employees here who are well beyond retirement age but they just don't want to retire. Another con - if you are an administrative employee, the raises are iffy.. Some years you get a raise and some you don't. If you are a union employees, the raises are according to the contract.
Great organization
Financial Aid Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 19, 2015
What I truly enjoyed about working for Temple University is the work-life-balance that is encouraged.

The company has excellent benefits and a positive company culture that is embraced by all the employees
N/a
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 3, 2014
There is no room for growth or development in this department being it is only 1 year old and not in great financial shape.
nice working environment
Senior Billing Representative /Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 6, 2013
I learned all aspects of finance, balancing postings. Medical billing was learned from charge entry to posting payments.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
many employees