Templeton Landing Restaurant Employee Reviews

3.0Pay & Benefits
2.5Job Security & Advancement
It was really a fun and Relaxing place to work
Busser Trainer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 5, 2018
I would have to say that this had to be the best fun and "Relaxing place to work, and its Right on the water.. Managament was Great to work with and very helpful and understanding, love that Templeton also had live Bands all the Time..The Hardest part to this job with it just felt like you was working alone with the staff didn;t show up for their shifts
Pros
The Resturaunt was right on the water
Cons
no cons
Completely unorganized
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 7, 2017
No training, no communication. They have 10 managers and none of them have any clue what is going on. They just throw you to the wolves and expect the place to be fine dining. The only positive is that you work on the water but they try really hard to ruin that joy. Worst restaurant I have ever worked in.
No room to move up, totally unorganized
Former employee (Former Employee) –  New York StateMay 24, 2017
They almost assure you have a job, then at the last minute they say not interested.Very unorganized, training is close to zero. Expectations are high, but no training, just do what it takes to get through the shift.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Poor management
Nice work place
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 27, 2017
Pretty nice establishment.seven days an week they are open.they have different occassions giving at this establishment.
Fun place to work, a bit unorganized/chaotic.
Head hostess and cocktail server (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 20, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Templeton Landing and gained valuable life experience by working there. Management was a bit unorganized and I believe this is mostly because the turnover rate is so high. The downside of working at this restaurant is it is seasonal. Working there for the past three summers, each summer someone new steps in. It is hard to find a consistent way of managing that works for the restaurant because new people take over each year. My co-workers were great to work with. The atmosphere was fun and vibrant. With canal side growing, so did the Templeton crowd. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the large number of guests because the restaurant simply could not hold everyone. The most enjoyable part was seeing people have such a great time. What I miss the most is the many customers I got to know personally and would come back and ask for me. I love getting to know people and that is what helps make the job that much more enjoyable!
Pros
Meeting all kinds of people, making people feel good
Cons
Inconsistent work schedule