TEMPLETON PROPERTY MANAGEMENT

TEMPLETON PROPERTY MANAGEMENT Employee Reviews

Work days typically mean running the day to day operations of one or more properties, but can also mean representing the company in a court case, or a trip to the corporate office. The workplace culture is still being developed, so policy and procedure is constantly changing which can be frustrating at times.
I worked at Templeton for almost three years. This has some very good employees working for a horrible company. Corporate does not care about the site level managers. I witnessed unethical actions from my manager and HR did nothing. I was undervalued and was never given proper training. I worked sometimes 50 hours a week as an assistant manager. Corporate only cares about money. They do not value their employees or tenants. Also Corporate allows managers to get away with anything or let mine get away with anything. Slam doors at tenants or other co workers is apparently appropriate behavior to Templeton.
Rude VP, unprofessional.
They aren't educated about the company, so can't answer questions.

They love to make changes that make no sense just so employees below management take on the brunt of the stress. Changing software just to change software is a prime example.

The company culture is beyond sub-par, and you should get out now.

If you have any ounce of humanity, it is expected that you drop it at the door.
Pros
1st hour of work is admin time
Cons
I worked as a maintenance tech. Low amount of focus on employees. Pay is okay. The bonus you can get are nice though. Just inconsistent philosophy from corporate.
Was a good place to work. Then new management took over and they only cared about bring new tenants in forgetting the resident who already live there. I seen alot of horrible unethical acts. I was ashamed and embarrassed of the way we were forced to treat our tenant. My advice...if you work for them have a back up plan cause you could be let go because all of a sudden you don't fit in!
Pros
They do give you sick pay and vacation
Cons
No job security, poor customer service from upper management
Leave a review. Help people like you.
All I did everyday was walk around the buildings and pickup trash. There was two of us that took care of the grounds at the appartment complex, and there wasn't enough work for two people
You are expected to work 45+ hours a week for pay that is not industry expected. Upper management is a joke and the brother / sister owners dont care as long as they make their millions. Your voice will never be heard unless its *yes*.
Pros
Non
Cons
No support
There is no training and constant conflicting direction from upper management. The only feedback given to employees is negative, never tell employees when they’re doing a good job. No transparency either. Company does not value employees that are dedicated and go the extra mile, you are basically a body that can be replaced whenever they feel like it.
Pros
Not applicable
Cons
Understaffed, no training, low pay, no room for advancement, poor benefits
Not much to say, the work was always there and the residents and employees were very nice. The person in charge was not a people person, a bit more self centered then she should be to show respect for the employees and the residents.
A typical day at work consists of running the day to day operations of the property. I have learned that this company wants to grow as much as you do! Management has been very nice, and I can't wait to be here longer. The work place culture is very diverse, and friendly. The hardest part of the job is continued education, but Templeton has Grace Hill to help.The most enjoyable part of the job is helping facilitate a safe community and a beautiful one at that.
Pros
Advancement
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at TEMPLETON PROPERTY MANAGEMENT?
I've been with Templeton going on 2 years and I'm really happy here. The company has had so much growth in that time purchasing beautiful historic buildings, renovations and ground up developments so the work itself is really exciting. I feel like my voice is heard and my talents are recognized which is a perk of working for a local business. Anyone who works hard and makes their strengths known can begin in an entry level position can move up very quickly, I've seen it happen on multiple occasions. Templeton doesn't seem like it's slowing down anytime soon so there will probably be a lot more jobs in the future as well as room for the current employees to create great careers here.
Pros
Constant growth opportunities, not micro-managed, beautiful properties
Cons
no vision insurance
This company is extremely difficult to work for! They change things constantly, lack training, overload employees and often don't give bonuses! So, don't plan on paying bills with any commissions. They do allow for free time to remain that way, so that's why I gave 2/3 stars. They have been known to let whole groups of managers go without warning, so always have a back up plan! Some properties are so old and run down, you'd never guess they were owned by the same company, it's sad and embarrassing to be a part of a management company that is so neglectful of their employees and residents!
Pros
Monthly events for residents
Cons
Pay, promotion, disregard for necessary bonuses, firing people without cause or warning
The company is in the middle of restructuring so no one's job is safe and at any moment You can be stabbed in the back and let go. I watched multiple people in varying positions be let go because they no longer "fit in" with the direction the company is trying to go. The environment is tense to say the least and the pay rates are subpar for the amount of work they require. All time off is accrued so you dont start with any built in vacation time. I suggest going with a property management company that is a little older and knows what they are doing. Very unprofessional people. Pay is also hourly.
Templeton is a progressive, challenging, up and coming company to work for. My overall experience as a Templeton employee was very educational, a great learning and training experience.
Templeton gave me a chance to learn how to be a leasing agent, coming off the street not knowing anything but customer service. I have learned a great many things that I didn't know about leasing apartments and laws that now make me more confident to find housing.
Management is a joke. They require employees to practice unethically and illegally. Pay is well below industry standards. They have no employee appreciation
Pros
non
Cons
everything
I am in charge of day to day resident relationships and all the marketing aspects to promote the property to maintain required occupancy levels. I also handled the scheduling of in-house and outside venders for turns, the lease renewal program, and assisted the manager in collecting on delinquencies.