TemPositions Employee Reviews

Money grubbing, slave wage driving scallywags
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2018
It's ok if you have another job but this is definitely not a place where you want to consider being a long term employee at. The pay is abysmal and the raises are even worse. They want you to have all these experiences and degrees but have the audacity to not pay you a living wage.
The company basically stands on the backs of their employees and treat them like garbage. For every day you work you only get a small cut of what they actually charge the school to pimp you out to them. The benefits are also abysmal and consists of the lowest common denominator in terms of the benefits enforced by the state, that being 40 hours of sick leave per year.
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, no vacation time, incompetent management
Very flexible, friendly staff
Direct Support Specialist/Child Care Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2018
I have worked many assignments for Tempositions Healthcare. I have found many assignments to be very rewarding and inspirational. For 5 years, I have gained a lot of experience and skills from the various positions that I have had at this company. Tempositions is very flexible and they work with you. I feel very comfortable speaking with the coordinators when looking for work. I highly recommend working for Tempositions.
Pros
Experience, Flexible, Locations
Cons
Lack of assignments
November 6, 2018

We are so glad you have had a great experience with us. Thank you for sharing!

lack of work
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 1, 2018
lack of work. however once the consider you a good worker any good paying job they will make sure youll be able to apply for it. you can ask for your set pay rate and theyll work with you.
November 7, 2018

We appreciate your feedback. While we do everything we can to assure our employees and temps work as much as their given schedule allows, there are occasional down-times when our clients may not need services. We understand that this can be frustrating at times but we do everything we can to bring on new clients so that are temps have consistent work available.

good side work that balance if you have a part time job along
Waitress/Bartender (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2018
It is good for a supplement job. But not enough for full time job.
Its a seasonal job. Company offers 401K but they don't give you enough work to qualify for 401K... I need to look for one that does offer.
November 7, 2018

Steady hours with OT
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 15, 2018
It's a quick and easy way to get a job but not always a secured position but not saying that you can't get hired in and advance up . Personally I'm looking for a permanent hired in position where advancement is limitless and to where I can apply my abilities and knowledge .
Pros
People are gooe
Cons
No smoking facility and not able o ho out on break to enjoy the weather
work place
Take charge (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 12, 2018
it was just a temp job. short term. work at less 8 hrs a day. got to learn diffter thing at the differnt jobs.management is great. there was differnt culture at the workplace. there really is nothing hard to do there.
okay place to work
Randstad (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 10, 2018
good jobs but they where not full time work alway contract or temp work you only get 9,00 per hr and no over time got two breaks at some places you work at
Cons
Very typical and professionalenvironment was there.
Assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  All five boroughs of New YorkAugust 6, 2018
The job didnt have any specific place to work for. employee had to get up early in the morning to catch the job spot. it was unpredictable everyday. If you miss it, you missed the job.
Pros
You can work when you dont have any other job.
Cons
unpredictable
temporary agency
Contractor, Cablevision Systems Corporation (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 26, 2018
This is an excellent temporary agency to work for. They always found me work very quickly! They placed me at Cablevision in Stratford, CT. I was told that the assignment could last 3-5 months before becoming permanently. They stayed in contact with me through my entire assignment.
No permanent positions
Reception/Data Processor/Visitor Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2018
Assignments are great, but does not lead to full time permanent position. Need to keep recruiter up-to-date for next assignment, when current assignment is completed..
Pros
Job diversity
Cons
Temporary
Product is very important and fun to keep up with when you have the right team
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 10, 2018
The company that I work .was real good company .I just need more money for things they had me to do.I just want a permit job. And benefits.so I can take care of my family .I am very good worker. I be on time for work never missed a day unless I'm sick .I will go to the doctor to see what is worng .
Pros
Fee lunch is very good
Cons
Short break
It not enough money for me to live on
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 6, 2018
They is not organized at all they don't where you go or how u doing and your job in the supervisor is so mean he don't like a lot of the worker but he want you to do your best
Job Security
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2018
If you get a job here, do not expect to have job security. They will cut you loose so fast you didn't see it coming. They give you a chance but you have to be "a robot" when it comes to ALL INTERVIEWS. You can not change it up to a way you're comfortable while staying the course.
Pros
Awesome Break room and views of the city
Cons
Horrible management
Standard Staffing Agency
Bartender/Waitstaff (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2018
Show up, follow instructions, leave.
I learned to deal with many different people of various backgrounds
A typical day would be: A) Prepare for event by setting up tables with silverware and china B) Serve and pick up during event C) Breakdown and clean up after event

The hardest part of the job is dealing with people's attitudes
Pros
Valuable experience in the hospitality industry
Cons
Low pay
Great Team of recruiters
Contractor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2018
The recruiters are excellent and take the time to understand what you are looking for and pair you with the right experience. The work schedule allows for flexibility and you can always accept or reject a position through the website.
always helpful
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 4, 2018
working with different people everyday gives meaning to the difference you can make for a person by just a friendly greet and offer any assistance you can assist with .
Pros
free lunch meaning staff meetings
Cons
short break meaning needing 10 minutes to regroup check family at home.
Getting work
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 12, 2018
Office management to slow to reply back. The hire you and you never hear back. After several phones calls, they say they have something and stall you till 5pm and then they go home. This company not worth the time. Better finding work on your own. Management not hungry enough for people who deserve better
General Laborer
Painter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 3, 2018
Provided cooking, maintenance, assistance and handling of the food grill station.
Provided cooking, maintenance, assistance and handling of the bakery station.
Performed routine utility services throughout the various departments of the restaurant for quality daily operations.
Oversaw the kitchen maintenance issues and needs.
Served as a dishwasher as needed in the kitchen.
Eh
Staffing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2017
Not a place for a millennial trying to thrive in a culture of innovation. Perfect for starter job but no room for growth and pay is not close to the average NY recruiter.
ITs a way in the door
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Harford County, MDNovember 22, 2017
IT would vary from company to company. if you need time off you can get it.working with the other full timers. bad culture at most of the temp jobs.making it through the day
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TemPositions. Our community is ready to answer.