Tempur + Sealy Employee Reviews

Good pay / poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 27, 2018
Very poor management .do not train you for the position that you will be working.management relies on other staff to train you for them. Favoritism among management with certain staff.
Pros
Pay
Pays good
Pillow top sewer (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 25, 2018
When I started was a good company to work for, but know it’s very slow not enough hours, I have seen many people come and go. Now I am looking for a more stable job.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short hours
Not dependable
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 5, 2018
This business is not as dependable as they make it to be. When I first stared I was promised that you would be able to move up, which is not true. Then it's more like a seasonal job,, where you are only busy for maybe 4 months out the year then once the busy peak is over, you are basically scrounging for hours. The management is not that great, they play favorites a lot, no real teamwork, a lot of blaming everyone except for the people who are at fault.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
too many
Once great company now very turbulent
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 3, 2018
I've spent eight years with the organization and have seen many ups and downs. Currently, the company is still trying to find their sweet spot with upper management trying to still place their stamp. This has created an odd impact on the overall culture within the organization. Many of the usual suspects in power continue to be the issue with the companies consistently erratic sales and customer service issues.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Managment and culture
Horrible place to work
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INMay 3, 2018
I got treated poorly by an ex co-worker and they did nothing about it except provide her with a better job in the front office. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Bad management and favoritism.
Forced Slavery
Quality and Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INApril 25, 2018
When i was interviewed for the job it sounded great. I was told i would be working 7:00am to 3:30pm. I said that is great i have obligations at around 5 on certain days so this would work. So when 3:30 would role around we would be told we have to stay a mandatory of 12 hours or we would be pointed for leaving. You are also pointed for using sick days. You spend 8 to 12 hours building mattress that can weigh up to 300 lbs. Saw a lot of people end up with shoulder injuries from constant strain. The only good thing was pay.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
Field Sales Consultant
Field Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 10, 2018
Great culture, relaxed environment, and good compensation. Work hours are flexible and conducive of good work life balance. Management is supportive and encouraging. A lot of travel required, but company events are top rate.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Job Security/ Advancement
Mattress Builder (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAApril 8, 2018
Balanced, Productive, Clean work place, good management, good salary, over time hours, free lunches, seniority policy gives older employees some benefits
n/a
Sales (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 23, 2018
Overall good place to work. Lots of change. Good or bad depending on your perspective and position. Good people and good culture with a great product.
Fast pace production
Taper (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 9, 2018
Along with great pay. This job also requires you to work fast pace to achieve customer orders. At times this can be stressful. So you will need a strong work ethic along with a positive mentality to make it through day by day.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lunch could be longer.

Want to know more about Tempur + Sealy?

Ask a question
Was the best at benefits for employees
QCSFlanger (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXJanuary 4, 2018
Was a bad job as far as management, benefits was great, pay and hours could have been better. This job would be much better if it had equal opportunities for all.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Management poor
Material handeler
Core tester and material handler (Former Employee) –  Duffield, VANovember 29, 2017
I drove a fork lift for the bsa lines to haul pallets of foam to be putt in the ksm lines. I hauled off the scrap the scrap was putt in a bailer to ship the foam out to be sold
Pros
Free lunches, disscounts
Cons
Good people to work with just poor management
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Duffield, VANovember 18, 2017
Like the people I worked around but if your not the chosen one then your screwed. Or if you don't sleep with them. I just wanna do my job and then go home.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management
Productive and fun work place
Grid (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDOctober 23, 2017
It's a good place to work when they have the hours to give out right now I'm getting about 25 hours a week if that but other then the hours it's a fairly good place to work at
Pros
Good health insurance and benefits
Cons
Never know how many hours from week to week
physical fast paced enviorment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAOctober 21, 2017
my experience there was pretty bad, it was an ok job but horrible management, and non consistent hours, very cut throat and non friendly environment..
Productive Work Place
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 20, 2017
Tempur Sealy Inc is a productive work space very unique place because of the fact you get to experience how the product is being made from start to finish. They take pride in safety for their employees and clients. Management team is very flexible with you they take concern in your needs and how they can make your concerns and request more accommodating to help you.
They are all about the numbers!
Upholstery Technician (Former Employee) –  Halfway, MDAugust 31, 2017
you work at Sealy for the money bottom line. It can be really stressful. the hours can be long and its very physical. Your day can 4hours or 12hours. You never know until you get to work so make sure daycare provider is cool with that before you apply.
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
stressful work enviroment
Not really a good Wearhouse to work at
Shift Lead/ floor supervisor (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAAugust 25, 2017
Management shows favoritism towards some employees and does not treat everyone equally far. The supervisor they are hiring are doing a minimum of 6months and are leaving. Very high turn over rate in that position which leaves the leads to to all the work but not get any of the pay
Pros
Discount on brand new beds
Cons
You never know when your getting off
Poor work load
Quilter (Current Employee) –  Trinity, NCAugust 1, 2017
work load drops significantly
only getting 30 hours per week
you never know when youre going in or getting off
supervisors have to text workers every night and tell them what time to come in
can be anywhere from 4 am to 8 am depending on work load
Pros
good benefits, good pay
Cons
low work load
Productive and good place to work
Grid Assembly (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 21, 2017
easy to learn job great benefits and pay. lack of work hours short work weeks. Management could use a little more improvement when dealing with co-workers
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Short work hours