TEN-X Employee Reviews

Good People - Poor management with lack of direction
Sr. Business Development Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 31, 2018
Great people to work with and product with potential. Unfortunately management made promises that were never delivered and would constantly change strategies without giving time for current approaches to work.
Good Corporate Culture / Mgmt Changes Direction Frequently
Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 9, 2018
Overall good company to work for,employees are treated well and good corporate culture. Downside is management changes direction frequently leading to a sense of job instability and layoffs.
Good place to work if you enjoy customer service
Demand Generation (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 8, 2018
Ten-X is a great place to work if you enjoy customer service, not sales. The pay is good, but the workforce in Austin is largely inexperienced in sales and life.
Corporate stucture in constant transition
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 9, 2018
Most enjoyable part of the job was the autonomy. Hardest part was the uncertainty regarding corporate staffing and restructuring. The workplace tries to emulate a Silicon Valley startup, but they still have old-school Orange County roots.
People were awesome
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 3, 2018
Upper management did not truly understand Commercial Real Estate they understood residential but not the Commercial side. Work place culture: wonderful
Learn Sales Force and other Technology
Hardest part of the job: Buyers going around Ten-x to not pay our commission for the asset.
Most enjoyable part of the job: Selling to the brokers and sellers of assets.
Pros
Wednesday lunches on Auction days. Benefits
Cons
Poor upper management decisions
Excellent Coworkers, But Low Chance of Advancement
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2018
The company was excellent to work for and provided a competitive salary and great benefits. Employees get to work with some of the top minds in real estate in a tech company/real estate company atmosphere. The only drawback was the lack of advancement possibility
Poor Management and No Morale
Director, Business Development (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Management doesn't know what they're doing and kill the morale in the office that they spend a lot of money on trying to build. Zero job security - you could walk in any day and get a raise or get fired. You never know.
A creative environment, great dynamic, solid work ethic
Executive Assistant to the CMO (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Ten-X was a really enjoyable place to work. The marketing division includes an incredibly consistent leader followed by a great team who exude the work hard play hard theory.
unknown quantity right now
Senior Technical Recruiter (Virtual) (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Company is in "flux" post acquisition. Hard to understand what the direction is going to be in the next 1-3 years. Compensation is low and the benefits whilst okay are really not enough to compensate for the lack of Cash Comp and Stock (there is no stock)
Pros
unlimited PTO
Cons
post acquisition management communication is less than satisfactory
Constant change
SR. SALESFORCE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Belmont, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Ten-X is constantly in a state of flux. Even though it's been around longer than the standard start-up it still has a start-up feel. The benefits and compensation are excellent; however, the work-life balance is almost non-existent.
Stressful Place - Great Bennies
Closing Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Managed to put on an excess of 10lbs. just from stress and lack of exercise sitting at my desk putting on average 10 hour work days. Company is know for mass lay-offs which added to my stress.
Pros
Known for Downsizing
Cons
Good Benefits and Pay
Great place to work, grow and learn leadership skills
Client Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 20, 2017
Overall, would recommend Ten-X as a great place to work. There is not more to say than you should definately apply here. Great values and culture.Fun and exciting environment.
Great company with a bright future!
Director (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 12, 2017
My experience at Ten-X has been filled working with some of the best people in my career doing innovative, thoughtful work.

Pros:
- Great, evolving culture. There are many companies out there with a fixed culture. At Ten-X, the company has been on a journey to evolve - becoming more open, transparent and people-centric. My experience has been overwhelmingly positive. The people are very open to helping one another and in my group, the politics and backstabbing I've seen at other companies is non-existent.
- Strong profitable business that is positioned well to disrupt a $2T market.
- There seems to be a lot of opportunity for growth but this varies based on role and location.
- Very good benefits. Ten-X's medical coverage is the best I've had (and I've worked for top Fortune 100 tech companies). They have all of the other standard offerings including unlimited PTO.

Cons:
The company recently got acquired by a private equity company. The deal shows great confidence in the company's long-term potential but as with any acquisition, there's a period of uncertainly.
Pros
Great evolving culture, opportunity for growth, amazing people and good benefits.
Cons
Recent acquisition means some uncertainty while things are being figured out.
Field employees are completely forgotten about by corporate
Trustee Auction Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 16, 2017
Being a Trustee Auction Manager in North Carolina used to be a great job. In the past they would pay us a minimum of 4 hours for conducting an auction. This seemed very fair but at the beginning of 2017 they cut the 4 hours down to 2 hours. I am not sure that it is worth it to set aside your entire day and only be paid for 2 hours. Local management is awesome but the home office does not value the field employees. We are the first line of contact with customers and corporate does not place a value on us. They cut our pay this year and nickel and dime us with everything we do.
Pros
Not having to work in an office.
Cons
Setting aside your entire day and only be paid for 2 hours, only finalize our schedules a week in advance, and the auctions often cancel the day before in which case we are not paid.
Young company with great promise
Contract Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 31, 2016
Ten-X is a young real estate services company with huge promise and potential. Wildly successful - consistently profitable with $300MM in GM in 2015 - the company is only 8 years old and still discovering all of its potential. Organizational leadership is very visionary and progressive, but lacks a foundation in real estate that causes a lack of foresight in potential outcomes of decisions. They possess a technology background, which their primary service to the real estate community is hugely dependent on.

I'd consider these growing pains. Believe the future is bright for Ten-X. Definitely an organization I would return to if asked.
Pros
Culture, Compensation, work/life bakance
Productive workplace filled with determined and encouraging people.
Corporate Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Belmont, CAOctober 24, 2016
My time at Ten-X was a wonderful experience. A typical day at work for me as a finance intern included some seminars about different aspects of the company, meetings with my boss and his peers, and working on my assigned projects. I came out of my internship learning a lot about the company, the real estate industry as a whole, and the basics of financial modeling and financial forecasting. Everyone was very encouraging and helpful, yet everyone was determined to do the best job they could on their respective projects. The management team is filled with some of the most brilliant and visionary people I've met, and my boss was a fantastic mentor, teacher, and guide.
Pros
Free Lunch every MWF, Loaded snack rooms, ping pong and basketball courts
Cons
Traffic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TEN-X. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight