Tenable Protective Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
learning
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 13, 2018
I learned what security guards go through with in the day and they have a lot of people life's in their hand. I travel around Cleveland city to city. tenable was a great job to experience but the paid wasn't enough.
Wonderful Place to work
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 19, 2018
I enjoyed working there it had so much to do there such as on my days off I did upcoming events and I enjoyed that and as far as the dispatched part it was a pleasure helping people with there alarm when it goes off to make sure their business is safe or their homes are safe I dispatched officer out to check the seen out.
Poor management, underpaid, inconsiderate
Security (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 14, 2018
The management is poor, lack of communication. At times I’ve witnessed and experienced disrespect from the management. A lot of the time they’re messing up the paychecks and not giving their employees all of their money. The staff is underpaid and under appreciated. Pay days are not consistent.l, it’s all over the place (one week you’re paid for security work and the opposite week you’re paid for event work). The management does not treat their employees fair at all
Pros
Free entertainment
Cons
Pay, management
Summary
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 7, 2018
Company is fine to work for, this review, however is really not something I wanted to do. Was an auto prompt. So now, going back for fifth time adding more to this to get this of my screne.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Pay
Very annoying place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 5, 2018
Tenable has bad management and they dont act like u have a home life. They will try to take advantage of you if u let them. Hours suck and some sites suck.
Pros
Nice uniforms
Cons
Bad management
Poor management
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 29, 2018
Doing the hiring process I informed my supervisor of pre-existing appointments and the supervisor assured me the those days I would have time off but I was penalized.
Pros
wages
Cons
no time off for appointments
Ok place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 31, 2017
this place started out great to work at until they lost half their accounts and now you have to beg for work.

they will send you anywhere no matter how safe the area is or time of night it is

I did not like this job after a while
Pros
free bus passes
Cons
different schedule every week
good place to work
Security Officer at Main Library (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHDecember 17, 2017
I have worked here for 10 years and overall I would say this is a good company to work for and they will adapt your schedule as needed. They have been good to me anyway.
I love working at different places
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 4, 2017
When i first started I was doing a lot of event's but as time went on I work at banks stores the RNC I have came to meet lots of people n go places and work and get paid to do it
Can be a good place to work if you work with the right people and the right events.
Supervisor Tenable of Events (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 27, 2017
I have had my share of fun and headaches at work and it was always something crazy at work everyday and two many managers that shared all the officers and that was a problem all the time and there was never enough officers to work the events and how you got paid was bad sometimes for the officers and the manages did not know how to talk to people on a everyday basics. But I enjoyed working with my officers and we had each other's back all the time.
Pros
Love working here and I was a Supervisor.
Cons
Everyone needs to talk to each other more at work.
Love the job I do
Dispatcher/Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 25, 2017
I actually enjoy going to work each day, I love the job that I do and I am a people person, makes my day to see smiles and laughter with love. I take one day at a time.
amazing
Security (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 17, 2017
this job allows me to pick up hours if I want them. The jobs vary so it is not a consistent job, but it is the perfect job if you are just wanting to make extra money on the side.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not consistent
requirements
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MINovember 7, 2017
40 hour work week, minimal supervision, was promoted to mobile sites driver after only a few months on the job as a site security officer, overtime was provided,
Pros
full time employment
Cons
laid off
You will never get bored working here
Operations (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 1, 2017
Hard work and determination will gain you advancement. The top executive team all worked their way up the corporate ladder. You wear many hats in this organization, which allows you to gain lots of experience in many areas. Be a team player and soon you will be a team leader!
Pros
Paid vacations, holidays, overtime and health benefits
Overall a decent security company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 9, 2017
Tenable Protective Services is a nice company to work for; flexibility in your work schedule as you can trade shifts and days with coworkers. A basic day of work is simple, straightforward, somewhat easy, and repetitious which on average makes for a smooth day. Co-workers are okay, even the ones you can't get along with are tolerable to be around at times.
Pros
Flexible schedule, easy, simple, and somewhat fun type of work.
Cons
Almost mandatory double shift if your relief doesn't show up.
No advancement
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 8, 2017
No advancement and poor salary. Minimum benefits that you pay for. You also have to pay for your uniform. This is not a job I would recommend to my friends or family.
meet new people and parked there cars
Supervisor Ruth (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 1, 2017
I helped people with cars when going to hospital and I worked a booth and collect money from people going out of parking deck. very fast and you work about 8 hours
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
didnt pay much
Good People
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 25, 2017
Co workers and people I have met best part of Job...Long hours we had at times the hardest part, Management was good. Typical day was several rounds to check things out keeping log of my activities reporting any problems to proper Channels.
Pros
pretty easy jobs
Cons
long days at times
intense
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 5, 2017
No Comment, on this company, have learned, will say this, manager of department, hard to work for, most enjoyable part of job was being out on patrol. The company has a very fleet of patrol cars, which are kept in good operating order. The Dispatchers are very knowledgeable and easy to work with.
Pros
Patrol department a plus
Cons
No belief in employees, what one manager says, the others believe
not good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 13, 2017
Not very professional. I got a lot of empty promises of advancement and hours. Most of the security guards are good people. They are pleasant to work with. Mangers can be difficult and uncooperative.