Tenable Employee Reviews

Average Work Place
Executive Assistant, General Counsel, Legal (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 27, 2018
I enjoyed the company and my peers. Management was ok but could be a little more approachable. There were many perks and morale boosters. Pay is competitive.
Run - before you get here
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 12, 2018
The cloud solution gets all the focus, but has yet to deliver and the rebranded cloud solution is a joke (let me hold your vuln's in the cloud for safe keeping).

Customers are buying the on premise solutions yet development has shifted to cloud, very short window that's closing.

Here, let me sell you our obsoleted product and discount the product that's not ready for prime time in the future.

Don't turn down other opportunities waiting on something good coming from HQ, huge turnover and layoffs abound here.
Pros
Snacks if you live in Columbia
Cons
Management, do I need to say more?
Productive Work Environment
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 22, 2017
Office was a fun place to be. All floors were designed to make working fun. Very relaxed culture and colleagues a pleasure to work with. There were game/break rooms should one want to take a break.
Pros
free breakfast, occasional lunches
Tenable
Nessus Plugin Content Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 21, 2017
Tenable is an great company with good benefits. The company has many excellent and cutting edged computer security products. The Nessus team that I worked with consisted of some of the most intelligent and dedicated people I have ever known, who are very serious about providing value to the customers. They take computer security very seriously.
Pros
Medical benefits, work remotely from home
Tenable was great. Was.
Social Media Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 9, 2017
Started at Tenable in 2015 when it was still a relatively small company. Great culture, management, and benefits. Especially the beenefits. However, as the company grew and some upper level management changed, the company culture felt remarkably different. Where there was always company pride, it looked as though we were trying to manufacture it in ways we didn't need to. It just felt very forced and corny by the time I left. But overall, a great experience.
Average large company
Middle Managment (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 9, 2016
Tenable has matured into the standard large corporate environment. While they do not have any extremely negative to working there, there is also nothing that makes this an outstanding place to work.
Growing fast!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 27, 2016
Tenable is growing globally, creating lots of room for advancement. I have seen many employees be promoted in my time here.
Pros
Lots of remote work, high growth, great benefits
All around great place to work
Content Team (Former Employee) –  MarylandApril 2, 2016
Amazing atmosphere with intelligent, hard working staff. The work was rigorous and time management a key to success at this company. Organization of everything was exceptional. If there was a problem there was someone there to immediately remedy it.
Pros
working remotely, direct access to help, questions, concerns
Cons
Demanding. Was difficult to juggle being a mom and wring at Tenable
Pre IPO Start up
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 21, 2015
Pedal to the Metal full speed ahead rapidly changing environment. Vulnerability management risk management and regulatory compliance software manufacturer and SaaS solutions provider in seeking rapid growth.
Pros
Progressive company
Cons
Prefer not to say anything negative
Awesome Recruiting Team!
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 5, 2015
Awesome Recruiting Team dedicated to their craft. Very seasoned group of younger professionals. Excellent recruiter's toolbox of sourcing tools.
Worst Job I've ever had
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore MDJune 9, 2015
Kaplan was a company on a downward spiral, and the company didn't pay people what they were worth.

The company forced their employees to overcompensate for their lack of structure by working 20+ overtime hours.
Great Benefits
Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 23, 2015
The benefits of working for this company are ones of it's biggest perks. Generous vacation time, great health insurance, and lots of different events to attend. The work environment is really laid back and fun.
Great place for the 20-something employee
Events Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDFebruary 20, 2015
Great benefits and beautiful HQ office but not ideal for the seasoned/experience employee as Tenable prides themselves on having the median age of their employees at 27 years old. If you are 40 or older, and unless you are an executive, I would steer clear. They have laid off more than a handful of seasoned, experienced and dedicated employees over the age of 40 in the last year.
Pros
Beautiful HQ office space and generous employee benefits
Cons
Not an ideal environment for the experienced, older employee
"cool" office culture
Inside Sales (SLED) (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDDecember 10, 2014
Tenable is an upbeat and refreshing work environment. Majority of my day to day is cold calling and general prospecting. My co-workers have become close friends. I enjoy all of the outside Tenable functions like movie night, holiday party, and summer picnic.
Great company
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 16, 2014
coworkers and management are great.
I make a lot of cold calls and support my management team with the sales process. I set meetings and run technical demos. They have fantastic products and I enjoy working here.
Pros
lunches, healthcare, tuition, good management, good people
Cons
location