Tender Greens Employee Reviews

Great first job for a twenty year old
Prep Cook, Salad Maker, and Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 16, 2018
Over all good food, for a high class fast food restaurant, food made to order, made from scratch, I like the fact that they promote there own employees,
Pros
Free baseball cap, free t shirt, free cut glove, free head band
Cons
No answer
Fun at first...
Salad Maker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 9, 2018
I started here as a part time job then I was offered a full time position in the kitchen. As it was my first job in the kitchen, it took some time to get the hang of it, only a week...regardless I was taken off and not told why and my hours got cut. I then had to start looking for other avenues of income.
Pros
free lunch
Pay decent, poor collabortaions
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 15, 2018
Pay was decent even though restaurant asked a lot of its employees. We had to remain constantly busy even though there are hours of down time with no one in the restaurant. During our rushes you're expected to work as fast as possible, so if for you're slow this is not the job for you. A lot of employees came and went so you're constantly adapting to the newest employee. A lot of employees ONLY speak Spanish so please be prepared for this.
TG was fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAOctober 17, 2018
TG was fun, my first chef was a jerk but he truly cared. They moved him to another store and never hired another competent chef to take over. Change in upper management is changing the company. The owners should have stayed more in control.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Constant call outs
friendly environment
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 8, 2018
great food. if you like eating healthy. what i like about this place was that they always had new special plates everyday. I also like this place because they share the tips equally
Pros
free lunch
Great College Job
Busser (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 5, 2018
I enjoyed working at tender greens. I ate a free meal on break and was tipped out every other Friday. I learned how to work in a fast paced environment and how to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
Joke of a Job!
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Downtown LA, WehoSeptember 18, 2018
Any seasoned kitchen vet can see within 5 minutes what their so-called "alternative to everyday kitchens" really is; a haven for washed up, would-be fine dining chefs who can't compete in the industry and now find themselves scooping mashed potatoes, cafeteria style, all the while lying to themselves that they are somehow still in the game. Every "Chef" I encountered in my short stint at TG was more of as hack than the last, with the angry,bitter, know it all attitude one would expect from someone who knows their prime in the industry has long since come and gone. Overcompensation through verbal abuse of subordinates is ubiquitous throughout the chain, as well as the company not delivering on the promise of a better work-life balance, which is how the lure in unsuspecting talent.
Tender Greens is not, as they put it, an alternative for Chef's who've had enough of working in intense kitchens. It is, however, a place for those who never possessed the ability to succeed in those environments in the first place.
Pros
Cons
Surrounded by no talent hacks
Management is awful
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CASeptember 12, 2018
During the first 2 months, working at TG was not bad. It was fast paced and manageable. I was hired as part time and manager claimed they would respect my availability. That was a lie to get me to stay. Poor Management. Manager approached me and told me to “grow up” about availability and that “ no one is keeping me here” they’re right. Putting in my 2 weeks.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor Management, Favoritism
Buen ambiente de trabajo en general, pero siento que el equipo director, es muy tolerante y permisivo.
Busser/Runner (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 8, 2018
El día inicia preparando ambiente adecuado para dar la mejor atención al cliente. Se revisa que la estación de agua, glasses, silverware y napkins este completa, la cual se estará revisando durante todo el shift, para refilar y que no falte nada. Se lleva la comida del cliente a su mesa, se recogen platos, se llevan a dishwasher y se limpia la mesa.
Se esta incrementando mi conocimiento en servicio al cliente, tratando de darle mayor hospitalidad para que esté satisfecho y regrese.
Es una dirección plana, comunicativa y muy amigable.
En cultura laboral, la dirección es muy tolerante y no se fortalece el trabajo en equipo.
Nada es difícil, tengo mucha pasión en atención al cliente y eso me impulsa cada día
Es un ambiente de trabajo agradable, los managers, son amigables y muy accesibles, la comida es increíblemente deliciosa y sana
Pros
El Lunch es gratis y puedes pedir cualquier producto que desees comer
Cons
Faltan Beneficios
very easy going/ quick-paced tonwork at
Cashier/Greeter (Current Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CASeptember 4, 2018
Working at Tender Greens, I developed patience and became better at multitasking.
It's a great place to work, if you don't know how to cook or anything about good eats.
Pros
free lunch, learn about cooking, multitask
Cons
you have complete a whole year until you get a year of working.
easy job with free meals perfect for college student
Front of House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 28, 2018
I worked here for a long time because the work environment was chill, the job was easy, and I received free healthy meals with every shift. It is an extremely fast paced environment during rushes and a sense of urgency is necessary, once you get used to that, the job is really fun.
Pros
free lunched, flexible hours
Cons
poor training
Productive and fun environment
Cashier 2 & Back-up Administrative clerk (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 16, 2018
Management are willing to train and help employees to move up within the company. Enjoyable part of the job is knowing that food fresh made daily. Hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers and some scammers who are trying to get free gift card or meal.
Pros
free lunch
great
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Topanga, CAJuly 9, 2018
Prepare and stock the day’s ingredients for each station
Assist staff in cleaning the kitchen and utensils
Attend customers with great customer service
Maintain clean and safe station before and after My shift
Back kitchen cook - Prepare Hot and Cold Foods
Great Establishment that knows what they are doing
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 9, 2018
Like the title of this review says, great place that knows what they are doing. That is evident in the financial management, what they teach their employees, and how they compensate the employees to making it fun.
Under pay no growth .very stressful
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 8, 2018
I was hired to work at El Segundo location. I took this job for extra income and it was one of the worst decisions I had ever made. This job is so stressful for 12.00 dollars an hour . They will try to over work you and the is a lot of favoritism . Some of the people working there are really friendly but some take there job to serious and let there lead position get to there head they are plenty of leads that would sit there and not even refills drinks or try to help out even when there is a long line . IF YOU REALLY NEED A JOB McDonald’s Would be a way better option. This place is so stressful and they lu about giving you any time of raise . Also you can’t call of if you do they make and ask you to find some one to cover you shift ! I guess they don’t understand the meaning of calling off . Like I said if you call if they will find a excuse to write you up.
Pros
Cons
Managers are unfair co workers take job to serious
Professional work place with the comfort of being able to be yourself
Front of House Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 28, 2018
Everyday its a different story with new struggles, but with struggle comes leadership and more knowledge. We are all family here, including our guests, and theres nothing more beautiful than being able to express yourself visually while serving the guest.
Different Culture
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 23, 2018
Job was cool. Managers need to learn how to communicate with employees when making corrective action & teaching. Bad teaching qualities. But overall its decent. Not very lenient on the schedule if you aren't favored.
best group of people ive worked with
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 2, 2018
the crew at tender greens has best group of people ive worked with. always polite and caring not just to emplyees but costumers aswell. if only i live close to work there again..
Can be both fast paced and slow
Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 30, 2018
Overall it is great, but the hours are inconsistent and scheduling is horrible. Favoritism seemed to play in favor when getting hours. Morning shifts are fast-paced and a bit stressful and night shifts tend to be less packed so it can be slower except for rush hour.
Pros
discount on food, free food while working, coworkers were great
Cons
inconsistent scheduling, inconsistent with managers in training, needs to be more organized
Hectic workplace with little compensation
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 26, 2018
"Favoritism" was a major factor with scheduling and "advancing" in the company. Each shift was stressful due to high volume of customers. I'd often leave a shift in tears.
Pros
Great staff and discounts on great food.
Cons
Fast-paced without room for error on the employee side.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tender Greens. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight