Tender Touch Rehab Services, LLC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great crew of people but the pay is so low for the amount of work done.
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Westhampton, NYSeptember 21, 2018
Not enough pay. You are used and abused. The people are great but the hours are long and you get no breaks except lunch. Not to mention the pay is low!
Pros
Great crew
Cons
No breaks except lunch and extremely low pay
Good Workinf environment
Rehab Director (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 10, 2018
I enjoy the time I spend with my patients and co workers. I wish I had more PTO time but I'm satisfied with the time I get off. They are very accommodating and helpful. At least my regional director is.
n/a
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 29, 2018
hardest part of the job is locating and treating patients in a timely manner with a busy scheduel. time management and completing documents at time of due date.
Not bad
COTA (Current Employee) –  Blackwood, NJJuly 24, 2018
The pay was very good, Sometimes hard to use your paid time off. They have recently gotten better about productivity, no more 100%. They are great about making sure you get your time but you might have to travel.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hard to use your PTO
Great people, Great flexibility
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NJJune 1, 2018
I worked for the company for about 7 years. The staff makes sure to allow for flexibility of those employees who are trying to further their career while working. They were very opened and accepting of my hardships and allowed me to work around a schedule that benefited the both of us.
Great company however it’s the health benefits
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 20, 2018
The health benefits are poor. It seems like every year the health benefits get worse. The company is great for advancement, there’s always offers for director/supervisor management available.
Cons
Benefits, high expectations for productivity
Professional but slow admissions and lack of hours
COTA , Hearthside Nursing Home and Rehab (Former Employee) –  State College, PAMay 14, 2018
I started out as full time and got cut to part time within my first three months due to lack of admissions at the facility that was just taken over by Tender Touch and Aristocare. It was slow and with part time hours i was only getting maybe 20. I had to look elsewhere. It was decent pay for a new graduate and they offered for me to stay on as pier diem and I help out as needed. They are still struggling at this facility to bring in admissions but that would not be the rehab dept. Tender Touch...it is the management of the SNF having difficulty which then causes lack of therapy needs to residents with low admissions.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Low Admissions, not enough hours
awesome
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYApril 25, 2018
Great place to work! Wonderful individuals to work for. Very flexible and works well with you and your life. I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for current employment.
Terrible place to work-stay away
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  NYMarch 16, 2018
What an awful company to work for! All they care about is money and don’t really care about patient care. We were forced to keep patients on caseload even when it wasn’t clinically necessary and forced to pick patients up even if they didn’t need therapy. A lot of what I did felt very unethical. The supervisor didn’t treat and had no idea what was going on in the clinic. Also can we say unrealistic productivity expectations??!!? Pay was high but that was the only good thing about working for a sleezy company like this. Do yourself a favor and stay far away!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Great place to learn and grow as a therapist.
OTR/L (Former Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYMarch 15, 2018
The staff was great to work with. They are all part of a team with help care for our patients to achieve their goals. I learned a lot working with other disciplines and how I could integrate my treatment with theirs.
horrible place to work.
Rehabilitation Aide/transporter (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 28, 2017
They cover up so much stuff like therapist who come to work drunk and on drugs...Therapist who clock in and leave then come back and do billing that they seen the patients....
Pros
Cons
no breaks, they use your pto and float holiday time when they want .horrible managment
stressful with little satisfaction
Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MADecember 27, 2017
All managers are given few tools for success and are under constant pressure to please the higher-ups leaving little time to interact with Therapy staff. The Unreal expectation for productivity is the only concern. Tender Touch does not stand up to the parent company's pressure to keep patients on program even if they are inappropriate for therapy or have met their therapy goals. Had a district manager suggest we add bathroom break time throughout the day to our unpaid lunchtime to improve productivity. No concern in providing quality equipment like wheelchairs that have leg rests that work or walkers that don't wobble. Forget about on the job training promised to new grads or therapist who has trained in a different setting.
Pros
I pad documentation
Cons
low staff moral
Stressful
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingston, PANovember 6, 2017
Our building was bought out by a company that contracts Tender Touch's services. They would not honor seniority they would not negotiate on rates. Want more work for same about of compensation. Mentality of everyone is replaceable. If you don't want to use aspen dental you have to pay $24.00/mo for dental insurance.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Wages, Pto
satisfying
Traveling Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJOctober 9, 2017
being a floater, i had the opportunity to work in various practice settings with a variety of clientele.
my manager offered me flexibility and also provided me feedback on a routine basis.
few kinks to work out
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 21, 2017
For the techs, there should be a way for career advancement if they have no degree to fall back on, and not just raises. clerical work is always changing, so management should try and have a stable clerical work standard, instead of making changes to the way clerical work is done every couple of months.
Pros
relaxed place, depends on the facility.
Cons
low pay for techs. i read the national avg for rehab techs is 13.50, but we were paid only 10/hr
Not my favorite place
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Abington, PASeptember 10, 2017
Staff was pretty nice everyone got along residents were nice always get attached to nice people from all over. Pay was not at all reasonable. They want you to over work you for nothing.
Pros
always free lunch
Cons
n/a
Great employer
Regional Speech Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 8, 2017
Caring work environment with managers who seem to really care about the staff. On "top of their game" when it comes to educating staff in advance of new government laws.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Very interesting job if you like working with the elderly.
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Royersford, PAAugust 1, 2017
This is a fun and interesting job. I love the people I work with. I also love all of the residents that live here! They are very fun and I love the time I spend with them throughout the day.
Pros
The people
Cons
No breaks besides lunch.
Cut pay
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Newtown, PAJuly 16, 2017
Tender touch bought out my company. They got rid of my position and cut my pay 1.50 and capped me so I couldn't get any other raises. The regional manager was very rude, and did not have a filter when would speak to employees. Over all a bad company when it comes to pay and work load...
Good experience Overall
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 12, 2017
Working for this company is a overall good experience, you have a lot of autonomy which enables you to learn through experience and practice. They have good benefits.