Tenderloin Housing Clinic Employee Reviews

Excellent Training
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 17, 2019
The Supervising Attorneys are rockstars when it comes to training their law clerks. They really care about their clients and are excellent at showing the ropes to newbies!
it was nice working there
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 26, 2018
very pleased, very happy to be there, I really enjoyed the work-family kind friendship. I wish I never would of left the job site. there was free food almost all the time.
Pros
very happy
Cons
n/a
Fun place to work.
Supportive Housing Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 17, 2018
Great company with a great mission of helping formerly homeless persons. It is located in San Francisco and its mission is get and keep people housed.
Fun and 'real' place to work
Program Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 4, 2018
Being an intern at THC was a true eye opener for me in the best way. As it was the first intern position I had ever had, I learned many things about the Tenderloin and the community who lives there. I really appreciated how real and true everything/everyone around me was. As my co-workers were great too, I really learned more from the tenants when they came to the organization with their concerns about their current living situations.

At THC, I learned the power of outreach and how important it was to inform all ethnic backgrounds about their rights as tenants. For example, outreaching at various Latino homes was an experience that reminded me that starting a new life in a new country can be difficult. Awareness became my new favorite theme to spread to all!
Horrible Management
CASE MANAGER (SOCIAL SERVICES) (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 27, 2018
The mission of the agency is great! The leadership expected to uphold the values and help staff to are a joke. The leadership at THC are more like dictators. No room to grow unless you are BFF's with the directors.
Pros
Serve your community and some clients appreciate you
Cons
No raises
Benefits excellent
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 23, 2018
I felt as if dealing with the clients was better than dealing with coworkers. They spoke on policy and procedure all the time but it seemed as if they had their special picks in the special chooses and a lot of opinions were biased.
Benefits
Cons
Office politics
awesome people
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 26, 2018
Great company, lots of benefits, I was only there 7 month but I got to know a lot of the people I loved being there,they make you feel like family. I would happily go back.
Pros
great staff
Cons
doesn't give people far chances
Worst Company Don't Work Here Trust Me!
Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 17, 2018
This is by far one of the worst companies to work for. The people you deal with are violent and rude. Deal with alot of heavy stuff including seeing alot of drug and alcohol use. The managers and HR don't care about you if you get hurt or if someone threaten you. They lack employees due to extremely bad pay and sketchy growth within the company. Super bad and wouldn't recommend it. Believe me. Stop Now!
Pros
Your working alot and get overtime
Cons
Horrible Pay, No relief (employees to cover) and management sucks.
It's ok
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 26, 2018
A position in Customer Service where my organizational and communication skills and natural ability to help people find resolution to pressing issues will contribute to the company’s efforts to retain markets.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Rude managers
Stressful
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 18, 2018
Did not get much help from management and clients try and fight you and cuss you out and management did nothing so I wouldn’t recommend employees there
Pros
Cons
No breaks

Want to know more about Tenderloin Housing Clinic?

Ask a question
Giving back to the community
Provide direct supervision to the Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 13, 2018
We hired our residents to assist with getting back to work. We had our own attorney, legal process was quicker and well supported. We disbursed monthly income checks to insure that rents were priority.
Pros
No recertification/ Recertification Dept
Cons
Lack of Supervisor support during training process
n/a
Supportive Housing Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 6, 2018
This company is great for someone looking to gain experience in housing, property management or legal services. They offer plenty opportunity to advance within the company to enhance any skills desired.
flexible; management easy to work with
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 10, 2018
i dont have too many complaints about THC. the work itself isnt difficult; working with the tenants/clients is what makes it challenging. you're working with the formerly homeless so that can come with a lot of issues/stress
Pros
flexible; managment easy to work with
Cons
the neighborhoods where SRO's are;the population you are working with (formerly homeless, comes with a lot of baggage
fun environment.
Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 31, 2017
overall good. I like it a lot. Ive been at this company for almost 8 years and they offer a competitive benefits package for you and your family. Also...staff is friendly
Human Resource Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 29, 2017
Great environment!!! All the client and visitors who come into HR are always welcomed. We tend to get the job done in order to help our employees. From work leave, promotions, payroll and etc.
nice place
Desk Clerk / Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 6, 2017
great place to work! over all staff was amazing! there are great benefits and other perks with the company. i would recommend this to other people too
Complicated work environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 29, 2017
I love the work, love the tenants, love my job. THC is great at promoting from within. Doesn't pay as much as other similar agencies, but good benefits and PTO. Everyone is burnt out because it is such a stressful job with little support
It was fair workin for Tenderloin Housing clinic
JANITOR (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 18, 2017
I spend their days picking up trash, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, or using industrial cleaning equipment to clean floors, cleaning and stocking bathrooms, making sure buildings are secure, cleaning windows, and minor building maintenance and repairs.
Depends on each building
Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 8, 2017
There are places that are great with the general teammates and there are some that aren't. My experience there was between both worlds where at times I wanted to leave because of lack safety and disorganization and others were just fine. feel that the team overall needs a checkup on discrimination policies and leaving personal problems at home.
Pros
overtime, choose your hours, hospitality, helping people
Cons
can be overwhelming
Productive workplace with homeless and etc.
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 27, 2017
I enjoy what I do at tenderloin housing clinic. I've been there 9 years,and the commuting is starting to be too much. What I learned about tenderloin housing I learned to deal with mental health issues, diverse populations, working well under pressure in chaotic situations
Pros
Flexible hours, provide in a clean and safe enviroment, being able to contribute to the cleanliness and safe enviroment, meeting new people everyday
Cons
Hard work, dirt and messiness, depending on people and different attitudes, chemicals can be hazardous