Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation Employee Reviews

Associate Director of Property Operations (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 2, 2019
Is never a dull moment. Plenty of work and very rewarding by helping needy population. Great benefits for you and your family. Knowledgeable upper management.
a typical day at work
Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 30, 2019
A typical day at work for me is to be on time. To be accountable for all policies and procedures, incident reports, make sure all log's are accurate before leaving and, clean up my desk area.
Productive and a great place to work
Believed in culture diversity, Services team were excellent, worked diligently to build up the community, offered great staff trainings. Matched dollar for dollar 401K, Don Folk impressed me with learning my name a few days after hire, allowed me advance in the first few months after hired.
Pros
Good Benefits
Speechless
decline to state (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 11, 2019
If you have nothing good to say don't say anything at all.

What I will say is, the experience is gainful. I can take the skills I gained anywhere. After all the duties they put on you in one position, you will be a jack of all trades in anything you do after TNDC!
Great Place
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 22, 2019
I learned a lot while working with TNDC. This none profit organization has made a huge impact in the lives of the homeless and less fortunate. they continue to strive for to provide better resourses.
Stressful and dysfunctional place to work. (Not Recommended)
Desk Clerk / Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 5, 2019
TNDC is the worst property management company in the bay area. I wouldn't recommend seeking to work here to anyone. The Administrative staff is racist, dysfunctional and promotes based on favoritism.
Pros
Cons
Favoritism, disloyal, under compensation and horrible staff.
Great company, great employee recognition
ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 3, 2019
I only worked as a temp employee for this company, but I felt it was very well organized, great communication. Focus driven. Workplace culture was awesome, great opportunities for growth and mentoring.
Pros
good management, good pay, good benefits, job advancement
Cons
not all departments are in one location
Wow...I LOVE this Corporation
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 17, 2019
TNDC, What more can I say about working here. Since starting in April 2017 I have never had a job where everyone makes you feel welcome. Makes you feel like family. From those who sit on the Corporate Board to those who are just starting. I love working here. In all my years of working at other places...I've finally found the job that I'll retire from.
Pros
Over-time, advancements from the inside, yearly bonuses and raises
A good place to work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 7, 2019
TNDC Is a solid company, the pay is good, and the benefits are excellent. More than any other company I am supported by my supervisors. Unfortunately the Corporate office is highly disorganized and the invoicing department is a pain. It wouldn't take much for TNDC to be among the best employers in affordable housing industry.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Disorganized
Great work enviorment
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 28, 2018
I've learned about the grate culture of the Tenderloin. TNDC is a very close knit family type company. It's a good job all around< definitely and company you can advance in.
Pros
Lots off staff activities
Cons
Location of job
Awesome
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 26, 2018
This job was super awesome, I was able to obtain a lot of experience to equip myself for another job for my future. I learned many new softwares and techniques from my job role it was great.
Pros
Flexible time off
Cons
Can get very stressful
Taniesha Bowman
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  SanFrancisco, CANovember 14, 2018
A typical day at work is a dun day of working with a team I call my family, literally!

Since starting at TNDC as a desk clerk 2 years ago I have gained/learned so much. My current role as Interim General Manager i'm learning a lot of accounting skills and in my Role as Assistant Manager I gained coaching and Supervising skills.

The hardest part of my job is working in an environment over populated with homeless people. If I could house every homeless person I encounter on a daily basis their would be no 'hardest part of the job'.
Positive environment for low income resident population.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 12, 2018
TNDC encourages teamwork with various support elements such as social services, facilities management, and human resources.

Work experiences included consulting on a new multi-story building, assisting with emergency and/or disaster planning, and servicing commercial tenants.

The most challenging aspect of the job was responding quickly to unexpected facility disruptions.
Pros
Wide breath of work experiences.
Cons
Confined area of buildings supervised.
The mission is very inspiring
General Manager II (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 10, 2018
The Management needs to support their General/Property Managers. Supervisors need to listen to their General Managers more so. It's extremely important.
Great. Company
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 24, 2018
The job is very fulfilling in terms of community. Pay is not enough to live in the Bay Area, but benefits are good and just about compensate the financial imbalance.
Pros
Appreciation, constant work.
Best Company I’ve ever worked for!
Janator/ Cleaner (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 27, 2018
I’m so proud to work for TNDC! TNDC does a lot for the homeless, transgender, gay, mentally ill, elderly and disabled communities in SF.... No other company has offered me more of an opportunity to help the most vulnerable amongst us!
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Hours: I’m a student!
great place to work
General Manager ll (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 28, 2018
TNDC is very supportive, offering trainings and pay for outside training to assist in building strong team foundation. TNDC showed compassion for employees and residents. Respectful and positive team.
The Company is a great transitional place to work.
Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 14, 2018
The Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Company is a good place to work for. I have only been working for the company for six months to date and their seems to be room for growth if you want it.
Pros
Good work schedules.
Cons
Pay Rate
Stressful, Fast Paced Work Environment
Property Manager II (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 5, 2018
As a Property Manager you are on call 24 Hrs. a day. Work with Low Income Housing Residents from fresh off the streets to Seniors with a lower level of needs. Some buildings are new / newer and some old that need lots of TLC. Workplace Culture among immediate peers and subordinates was mostly manageable. Most difficult part of the job was the lack of support when divided among portfolios and having to reach out to SF Agencies for advice . Most enjoyable part of the job is housing people from all walks of life and their stories to, keeping a building 100% occupied and Never Failing an Inspection and meeting Net Operating Income. Property Manager position is not for the thinned skin, Need high level people skills and tolerance.
Pros
Supposed matched 403B
Cons
Lack of support from Superiors
Progressive and Innovative Community Driven
Tenant Services- Health & Wellness Program Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 17, 2018
Challenging, Collaborative, Entrusting--as a Woman of Color in Leadership, I've never felt so empowered and uplifted. Learned the true meaning of cultural humility and what it takes to perform in excellence

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation Reviews by Location