Tenet Healthcare Employee Reviews

Found 1,693 reviews matching the search See all 1,705 reviews
Great place
IT Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 18, 2019
Loved my time here. Great environment, great people, and awesome opportunities. I worked in the headquarters and really was provided a great bedrock to my career.
Communication... What communication??
Clinic Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 17, 2019
There was no training. I had to either know the information for myself or figure it out on my own. The communication was non existing. I learned nothing at this job only the tools that I came to the table with. The hardest part of this job was to learn as I go with no guidance.
January 18, 2019

We encourage all of our employees to discuss these situations with management and HR. Our employees' happiness and success is of utmost importance to us.

Would be a better place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCJanuary 14, 2019
If the management cared more for employees and patient needs than profit. We need more nurses and CNAs, better equipment and stable management. Also they need to pay CNAs and monitor techs more than minimum wage.
Pros
Decent pay for experienced nurses, flexible self schedule.
Cons
Short staffed, lower pay for new grads.
January 15, 2019

Along with our employees, our patients we serve are of utmost importance to us. Of course, however, we appreciate your feedback and are always looking for good talent. Please feel free to direct all referrals to our career site at jobs.tenethealth.com.

horrible
FUSSA Notes, Compliance Checker (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAJanuary 11, 2019
This place is a slave camp and always trying to find something wrong that you did or didn't do. I got written up for coming in 2 minutes early than usual.
Pros
Cons
all
January 13, 2019

We're sorry to hear this but appreciate your honesty. This will be shared with leadership immediately. Thank you for your feedback.

Productive and challenging workplace that encoraged independent thought.
Physician Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 10, 2019
Engaging workplace that encouraged you to bring out the best in your talents while providing the Gold standard in Healthcare. You were able to plan your day and network with several hospitals and city municipalities.

Provided an excellent management team that assisted you in every facet of business accounts. Unfortunately their was a restructuring of the business model in south Florida dismantling the team.
Pros
Ability to work independently.
Cons
Job instability.
January 11, 2019

Thank you for your review. We're so glad you're so happy in your role.

Tenet Healthcare
Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJanuary 8, 2019
I've worked for Tenet in a variety of capacities and the growth I've experienced has been truly beneficial. Many of the employees I've worked with have truly become great friends and have helped shape me into the worker I am, by believing in me and giving me challenging tasks to grow my career and for that I'm thankful.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
In the hospitals - too much 'flex time'
January 9, 2019

Thank you for that feedback! We're glad your role provided growth opportunities.

Good Place to Work
PRN (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 2, 2019
Enjoyed my time working here as a PRN Physical Therapist. Staff were friendly and always answered my questions. Pace was a little slow for me for a full time role.
January 3, 2019

Thank you for the review. We're glad you were so happy in your role!

Fun and Exciting Job
Medical System Trainer (PCN) (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 29, 2018
Before Tenet Healthcare purchased the physician group I worked for,I worked in the insurance department filing, refiling,refunding, and working the AR. Tenet Healthcare purchased the group I worked for and then I was hired as a System Trainer. I traveled around the United States training the software that Tenet was installing in the offices they purchased. I also worked the Help Desk where offices would call for help when needed. I LOVED my job.

A typical day would start out on Monday. I'd fly to a clinic that Tenet purchased. I would spend a week training the software and working one on one with the office when the office went "live' with the new software.

I can't think of any thing hard. I absolutely loved my job. My coworkers were all great. The ones i worked with daily and the ones I worked with in other states.

It was a great feeling to be so important.
Pros
Travel, expense account, overtime, flexible hours, excellent pay, and excellent benefits
December 30, 2018

Thank you for this feedback! We're glad your role helped you develop professionally.

tenet healthcare
Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 29, 2018
Great employer, competitive benefits and opportunity for growth, their philosophy is in touch with today's challenges in healthcare. one of the best salaries for RNs in the area
Admitting Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CADecember 23, 2018
Always there to help and train for other positions. Able to transfer and advance to full time positions. Friendly staff and fast paced environment. Great place to work
December 24, 2018

We appreciate this feedback. We're thrilled to hear you're so happy in your role.

It was a mediocre place to work until you needed support
Senior Ethics Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 18, 2018
Management would call out salaried employees for time spent at lunch if more than 60 minutes, or arriving 15 minutes late/leaving early, but would not acknowledge when extra effort or time was put in. Salaried employees are meant to put in extra time on occasion, but for example, employees would be called out for leaving 15 minutes early (and not skipping out on any responsibilities) despite having arrived early and working through lunch the same day. It was not good for morale. Upper Management and HR had a façade of being available or caring about employees as people, but when push came to shove, their was little support. On more than a couple of occasions, documented evidence was provided to HR and Upper Management which showed the need for additional or better resources, but they stated they would make no changes. Concerns of retaliation are often disregarded. Several reports were made to Upper Management about concerns, but they were only shared with the person in question and the behavior did not stop. The ongoing behavior would then be reported, but it appeared appropriate discipline was not given as the behavior never changed.
Pros
Discounted healthcare
Cons
Low morale, Poor work/life balance, Company supports management but not so much with the average employee
Simply overlooks the common good for patron and employee
Non clinical (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 13, 2018
if they werent rigid regarding numbers &profitability, they could lead by example in healthcare.
Flexing staff when departments need to maintain constant and secure patient safety is risky.
Pros
Wages and benefits
Cons
Lack of internal controls budget and "lean" purpose
December 15, 2018

Care taker
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PADecember 12, 2018
to give my clients the comfort of a friendly face and help them enjoy their day,
feed my patient and act as a family member to the one.
would travel to appointments if needed so
Pros
moved around alot
Cons
overnight stays
December 12, 2018

Thank you! At Tenet, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

December 13, 2018

Thanks for the review! We are so glad you enjoyed your role with us!

Oober Corporate
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 10, 2018
This organization was oober corporate. Lots of politics ... more than usual. First public company I worked for, I would not recommend working for Tenet unless you have a strong backbone.
Pros
great location
Cons
Heavy politics
December 12, 2018

I have never worked for the company
NURSE EXTERN (Former Employee) –  TennesseeDecember 10, 2018
I have never worked for this company and therefore I am unable to provide an appropriate review of the pros or cons. To do so would be unfair to them.
December 12, 2018

We are sorry to hear this, we will share this with hospital leadership immediately.

Not applicable
DIRECTOR PATIENT ACCESS SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXDecember 10, 2018
Departmental silos
Departments aren’t working together to achieve company goals
Poor communication across departments
One department’s goals are a problem for another
Pros
Not applicable
Cons
Not applicable
December 11, 2018

We're sorry to hear this but appreciate your honesty. This will be shared with leadership immediately but also encourage you to discuss with your supervisor.

Healthcare but crazy
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 10, 2018
Tenet Healthcare has a popular reputation for being under staffed to maintin profitability. After working there I saw good places within to work that looked like they would actually be really good places to work. The team I was on was ran by some crazy woman who came from Deloitte and her hobby was firing people. We were the 3rd team she hired after the first 2 were all let go. My personal experience was terrible, Manage by fear etc. But again, I could see other areas looked to be OK places to work.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Crazy leadership with no clue.
December 11, 2018

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your honesty and will share this with leadership.

as an employee
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton FlDecember 8, 2018
I had no issues during my work time at Tenet. Nice team members. Not a difficult job Worked 730-4 Monday thru Friday, Culture was quiet however nice,
December 9, 2018

Thanks so much for your positive review! Let us know if there’s anything we could improve.

Neuropsychologist
Neuropsychologist (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 8, 2018
The company provides ample support and autonomy. Salary is superior to other corporations/ practices in the region. Our staff are bright, self motivated individuals.
Pros
Responsiveness to staff/ physician concerns
Cons
Company management should check in more with physicians to ensure everyone is happy.
December 9, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback!

Great Place to woek
Lev II rep (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXDecember 6, 2018
Great Salary, great management, and great place to work. There were clear objectives set for staff and opportunities for coaching when goals were not met. And employees were shown appreciation throughout the year for being a valued asset.
December 7, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tenet Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight