Tenet Healthcare

Tenet Healthcare Employee Reviews

United States1,902 reviews
Found 1,902 reviews matching the search
I enjoyed the work and had great co-workers. My schedule was very flexible. Job became very stressful due to reorganizations and restructuring. The pay was good.
Overall it’s a stable work environment, however this hospital often puts profits above safe staffing. You’re basically just a number in management’s view.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Understaffed
September 25, 2020
Along with our employees, our patients we serve are of utmost importance to us. Of course, however, we appreciate your feedback and are always looking for good talent. Please feel free to direct all referrals to our career site at jobs.tenethealth.com.
Everyone put the patients need first. Went out of their way for them. They cared about their employees. Employees were recognized for their great work. The benefits are great. They have a gym on the grounds. The food was great and healthy. I loved working there. I felt safe and had great relationships with everyone.
Pros
Appreciated the employees
Cons
We need more space for offices and more variety of food.
September 23, 2020
Thank you for this feedback! We're glad your role helped you develop professionally.
Run fast! This is the absolute worst place to work. Stressful and mismanaged. Pay is ridiculous for they expectations and demands. Management is allowed to mistreat employees.
September 17, 2020
We’re sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with the pay/benefits offered. We do think of our employees as our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Worst company I’ve ever worked for. Management sucks. Doesn’t respond to emails. Poorly ran company. Everyone is for themselves. Support is non existent
Pros
Non
September 11, 2020
We appreciate this feedback. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.
My immediate supervisor is supportive, encouraging, and understanding. He understands work/life balance and is fair in his treatment of all employees. I have exceptional medical health coverage as well.
Pros
Support
September 7, 2020
It’s okay to work there it all out depends on which department and manger you have, and advancement sucks no training what so ever kinda throw in sink or swim
Pros
Pay is pretty good
Cons
Lots of stabbing in back and communicating is really bad from management
September 2, 2020
We encourage all of our employees to discuss these situations with management and HR. Our employees' happiness and success is of utmost importance to us
If you wantvto work for a company who doesnt care about their employees or patient safety, step right up. All they care about is lining the pockets of their stakeholders. The most unhuman organization i have ever worked for. I love my team and the people who work for me..the only reason i im not leaving as soon as i want. The hospital use to be a staple of the community. The Nuns would roll over in their graves. We can only hope they get bought out
Pros
Community needs us
Cons
Worse corporate leadership ever
August 25, 2020
We're sorry to hear this but appreciate your honesty. This will be shared with leadership immediately.
Tenet means slow "Tentacles" that start to wrap around and kill the health system currently in place.
Their number one priority is making money$$$$$$. They call in all the FEMA nurses where the government is paying for them and not hiring their own RN's.

Their number 1 1/2 priority is making money for their investors so they show some kind of money coming in; and letting people go who have been there for a long time and have been productive as their evaluations can show you.

They come in just before Thanksgiving and let go ALOT of people. They say they have a company to help with their resume's and find them a job but after a month, papers still haven't been processed so there IS NO help they can get.
Tenet wants to send all Corp jobs overseas to save money. Ron (president) doesn't seem to realize companies are bringing their support back onshore, due to poor customer service. I believe, he's just cutting the company costs to make Tenet look more profitable, and then they will sell it off. .
Pros
Good pay rate, best in DFW
Cons
poor management, jobs being off-shored
Worked in the same office for 20 years. Great benefits and good fellow employees. Looking for something part time while kids are in school. Need to be flexible.
August 11, 2020
I loved being remote. I was more effective at my job being remote. The pay was great but how they handled furlough and eventually terminating employees was despicable. Further, prior to this there was no direction from leadership. What's worse is after the COVID terminations happened there was a news release that Tenet took nearly a billion in aid and yet they still fired thousands of us. Leadership did not care about its employees. The demands and deadlines were unattainable given how understaffed each team is to get the job done. It should have been an amazing job and could have if proper leadership had been in place.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Lack of direction, Expectations, overall Management
Healthcare job, working with the patients is very rewarding. The relationship with management is iffy at best, sometimes feel supported but most times don't feel like I would be missed if I left.
Pros
The patients and work I do for them.
Cons
Wishy-washy management.
August 7, 2020
We appreciate this feedback. We're thrilled to hear you're so happy in your role. Your concerns will be shared with leadership immediately but also encourage you to discuss with your supervisor.
The worst job I ever had. In my interview I told management I took courses at night but when I was hired they change my hours. They would tell me at the last minute I wasn’t needed. Communication was horrible.
August 3, 2020
We're sorry to hear this but appreciate your honesty. This will be shared with leadership.
One of the worst employment experiences of my life. The culture is toxic, the facilities are old and dirty. The equipment is outdated or broken. Management is a joke. Look elsewhere.
Pros
Pay was fair.
Cons
Horrible manager, work environment was depressing and dirty.
July 29, 2020
We're sorry to hear this but appreciate your honesty. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.
Very busy fast passed hospital with a relaxed atmosphere. I loved my coworkers, they made work enjoyable. The hardest part about my job was putting in many hours of overtime.
July 25, 2020
Great place to work. You gain a lot of experience and learn the value of team work. Management takes care of their staff and are always supporting their staff members .
July 24, 2020
Horrible management practices, no support, no communication about reorganization. Firing people for no apparent reason. People who work at Tenet cannot get another job elsewhere, bottom of the barrel
It's a great place to work at if you have a degree and are a corporate robot. If you have comparable work experience, people in corporate will not look at that as good enough as a degree. They will eliminate by title when it comes to a furlough or having to reduce workforce. They don't look at the things you do. However they don't have a problem lying to you when it comes to the reason why.
Pros
Great place to work, if you fit the corporate robot profile
Cons
Great place to work, but corporate and management is terrible!
July 22, 2020
Tenet came in and made all these changes and demands and unrealistic deadlines. Offered no help, in fact wanted to cut staff as much as possible when we were already overwhelmed. The pay was decent ans schedule was flexible but the higher ups gave demands with no resources and wasn't their problem how we got it done.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No resources.
Bad. Hostile. Really bad managers. They expect the world, the workload is ridiculous, managers do not take kindly to...well...anything. Good salary if you're in a bind, but not worth it long term.