Tennant Company Employee Reviews

Amazing team to work for
Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MI 49424April 8, 2019
Great teamwork, innovation, character building and opportunity. Everyone at Tennant is working toward a common goal; safety employees. The employees care about the company, the company cares about the employees.
Quiet and slow
Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 31, 2019
The staff never really communicated with each other. The building was very quiet and tiring. There wasn’t really much to do. The cafeteria is a good place to meet up with people if you haven’t throughout the day.
Commercial Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2019
This is a great place to work if you don't mind traveling alone within 100-150 mile radius. Travel from site to site repairing floor cleaning equipment. Great benefits.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Can be lonely at times
Frustrating but good pay/benefits.
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNMarch 24, 2019
I am/was a welder on 2nd shift
The good: Competitive pay and benefits. The hours and ability to switch shifts is nice. Steady work is also nice. The tools and work cells are pretty great, easy on the body; with the air grinders and adjustable tables.
The bad: Firstly, management is the worst I've seen. It's an over populated hierarchy that shifts around on personnel and ideas. Any problem presented to them from the floor crew is met with policy and excuses that seem rehearsed. They might ask you what you need to make your job easier, then send emails back and forth till they forget about it. To get anything done is often a week long battle of reminding 2 or 4 different people every day that the problem still exists. If you get put in a work cell and do your job there is not much chance of getting out or moving, so odds are you will end up making the same few parts every day. There is little to no training, which causes a lot of issues on every level of the company. Every "training" session is an over simplified power point presentation or packet of pictures/instructions.
Pros
Cafe, pay, benefits, easy work
Cons
management, lack of opprotunity, monotonous
Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 21, 2019
It was a great company to work for. I left under unusual circumstances. I would recommend Tennant Company to anyone. I became self employed directly after leaving. Must be competent in electronics, hydraulics, and mechanics.
Pros
Must be self motivated
Cons
None that I can think of
physical fast pace job...with no respect from managment
Painter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNMarch 17, 2019
started out as machine operator for 2 1/2 years...moved department out of state...changed position to powder coat painter...load and unload parts on line...paint parts in paint booth...forklift and organize priority parts...prestage smaller parts work burn off oven for rework parts
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor managment
Great product structure and strong senior management team
Sr. Supplier Quality Leader (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 10, 2019
This is a fun place to work with many daily challenges in the area of the company I work under. Employee's are allowed and encouraged to think out of the box
Pros
Family first attitude by the management team
Cons
Yearly review compensation
Just lately started paying better, but the management completely sucks
Senior welder fabricator (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNMarch 2, 2019
Boring mindless work listening to leads the don't know what's going on but tell you what to do have no And a couple hours later stop what you're doing to make you do what you originally was going to do because they screwed up what part to make.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Mindless boring work every day. Unbelievable poor management
Job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 24, 2019
Only the Favorite ones got special treatment, if you speak your mind and confront the truth, you was disliked. Sad that if you didn't play the part, you was out. Management was not helpful.
Pros
The co-workers were awesome
Cons
No room for growth
Do Not Work Here
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 21, 2019
All management is hired from an inner circle of friends. No one else will ever be allowed to move up.
There are no metrics being tracked or measured, no clear goals or direction. Individual performance is rated 100% subjectively from the managers once a year.
I had 4 different plant managers in 4 years.
The best you can get is a lateral move and your 3% raise if you are lucky.
The "Incentive" bonus program is impossible to hit and never pays out, profit sharing does not payout.
Healthcare insurance is the most expensive Ive ever seen and has the worst coverage and high deductibles. Gets worse every year.
No christmas party, the one outing the company does is a whitecaps game, you get one beer and two hot dogs. No teambuilding or lean understanding. Its a buzzword click bait fake news nondata based decision making mess.
Not one single meeting ever had an agenda or ended with action items.
This is 1 Billion dollar fully depreciated monster whos stock is already down 30% and will go down another 50% and the employees will pay the price.
Pros
Low workload
Cons
No incentive to improve
A typical day at work
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNFebruary 13, 2019
For myself a typical day consists, of receiving inbound calls for returns, and quality issues that are taking place within the Aftermarket process. Be it lost in transit, a mispick or a part that has been damaged. I take all returns calls and specialize in Canadian returns. We multitask throughout the day. I work in systems such as SAP, Sharepoint, along with Office programs as needed.
Great enviorment and employer
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 3, 2019
Honest, understanding and Appreciative to the employees. Great training and good at explaining what needs to be done and how to do it safely and properly.
Pros
Benfits pay homelife
Cons
Could use more hours
Great Place to work
Sr. Customer Service Representative Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJanuary 27, 2019
Tennant was a good place to work. They have multiple options to fit your needs as an employee. They have good work stations and can customize to do medical needs.
Pros
Great People
Cons
No cafe on site
terrible company to work for
comercial Service Technician (Former Employee) –  CT NY ALBANYJanuary 14, 2019
this company has been the worse company I ever had the misfortune of working for, is a very dictatorial company, management is terrible, training for the job never happened, I had to teach myself everything about the equipment I was assigned to fix, from day one was a nightmare, their administrative software is the most chaotic and most stupid system I have ever had to deal with, I was assigned to service Tennant machines but it was not unusual to be forced to work on non Tennant machines which I have never seen or was trained on, when I asked for help on serious problems the idiotic manager assigned to me would always refuse to have someone come help me, often dealt with roaches on the job and when ever I said that is problem the manager will tell me to clean up the roaches from customer machines, and of course thats not my job, overall the worse company I have had the misfortune of being a part of.....
Pros
Cons
no training on their equipment, and no help to resolve serious issues
Not the best place to work.
ENTRY LEVEL MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJanuary 2, 2019
Hard to get ahead within the company. Business practices seemed questionable and the overall feeling within the building was dread. Not a place I would recommend to work.
Auto mechanics do less work
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 19, 2018
Beware mechanics you will do repairs , parts, inventory, quotes and look up all your part. Manuals are outdated and help is hard to come by. Unless you wanna do 7 jobs instead of only fixing stuff than this is the job for you. Computers is your life you schedule your repairs and calls come I'm for breakdowns overwhelming you. The vans have a gps and they know where you are and if you drive to fast the car beeps and management writes you up. If your in 25 mph zone and go 26 it beeps. Dont waist your time here.
Pros
Cons
You do 7 jobs and get paid to do only 1 job
Productive fun work place
Material Handler I (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 5, 2018
Easy work as a picker long hours pick orders all day via foot overall good job very laid back environment . Workday went. By fast a lot of overtime very short staffed
Pros
Very easygoing management fun people
Cons
Long hours low pay
Great place
Marketing Data Analyst - Contract (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 19, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Tennant. Even though I was a contractor working there I learned a lot from my manager and was put in charge of projects which helped boost my resume.
Great culture in Holland, not at corporate office
Human Resource Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Holland, MINovember 5, 2018
I love the people I work with in Holland. The growth opportunities do not happen in Holland and many managers do not know how to lead individuals from satellite facilities.
stressfull
Assembly Lead (Former Employee) –  Parkman, OHOctober 29, 2018
always under the time crunch to get parts done and out the door. management seemed to be alright and treat everyone fairly. pay was good for the area i worked in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tennant Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight