Tennant Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
very productive environment
I.T. Analyst (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJuly 2, 2018
company is very task and team focus. if you task they expect you to complete it in a reasonable time frame. Personnel cannot procrastinate. I love the fact that its team oriented. also they had lots of on the job training.
Pros
lots of free lunches
Tennant Coatings is a separate branch from Tennant Corporate
Direct and Indirect Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLJuly 2, 2018
New senior management at Tennant Coatings for the second time in ten years. Last senior manager severely lowered the pay plan for outside reps and those whose territories were in the earlier stages of development suffered greatly, and had to produce much more revenue than the year before just to earn the same pay.

Now, the new senior manager, as of Jan of 2018, eliminated fourteen positions, including two territories that were well above plan, and absorbed them into existing territories, leaving fourteen people suddenly and unexpectedly out of work.
Great work/life balance
Material Controller (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 26, 2018
Tennant has a great work/life balance. Their culture is well suited to allow employees to balance life with work obligations. Flexibility is allowed in your daily work schedule.
good company
machinist (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJune 26, 2018
I set up and ran a cnc lathe if I had a problem the co workers were helpful. they were mori sieke with live tooling. they had the tooling for setups on hand so you do have to bring your own tools.
No Organization
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 3, 2018
They have no clue what is happening in a given day. The floor employees run the company and the management staff has no idea how to run an effective production facility.
good company
Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 31, 2018
Tennant is a good company to work for and is growing sales currently. I have worked here for 2.5 years. I am liking my position and fee challenged. I would recommend working at Tennant.
Fast paced
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 12, 2018
The company is good overall if you are a skilled technician. The pay rate is competitive. You could be working long hours depending on work load. The benefits are great along with the paid holidays,vac., and sick days.
Benefits
Cons
Large territories and long hours.
I enjoy working for the company and look forward to going back
electrical technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 17, 2018
I work for the company for 2 years and recently got laid off look forward to returning to company when business picks back up or moving out of state to another location to continue my work with the Tennant company
My 2 cents worth
Nonexempt employee (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNApril 9, 2018
Working as a production employee has changed dramatically in the past decade or so. Training for newbies is almost nill, yet demand on expertise has never been greater. Feels like Data Analytics has mostly replaced common sense. No longer how well, just how much.

In my opinion getting the cheapest labor force has taken precedence over developing a strong, efficient family of workers.
Complete reversal of the first 140 years of Tennant.

The most recent management is working hard, with great skill to correct the errors of previous management but it feels like too little, too late.

High quality employees are routinely leaving, searching for better employment. Something fairly new to Tennant's history.

Sadly, This once proud, highly sought out employment, has become a pass through job for many. Best for those looking to gain experience and build a resume.
Pros
Pay and benefits.
Cons
Mostly everything else...
One of the best companies I have ever worked for.
North American Architectural Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 8, 2018
One of the best companies I have ever worked for. Tennant is a first class company they stand behind all their products. The people who work for Tennant are of the highest ethics and character.

Want to know more about Tennant Company?

Ask a question
Relaxed
Payroll Specialist/T&E Specialist (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNApril 2, 2018
Tennant is an okay company to work for. They offer good benefits no advancement very relaxed. This is all I have to say there is nothing more to say about Tennant.
Good Job, Too Many Hours
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 30, 2018
Tennant was a good company to work for and supported the Tech's pretty well. The rural area I covered was just too large for one man to cover and the workload was too large. The 60 - 70 hour weeks just got to be too much after about 6 months. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this company if the position was in a city with a population of half a million or more.
Pros
Good Support for Field Tech's
Cons
Cons are Region Specific
Clicky no chance for advancement
Warm body (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNMarch 22, 2018
Worked there for many years . Took the classes applied for jobs yet bypassed for less qualities but buddies with management people. If you like snitches over heating, catty backstabbing behavior, followed by watching worthless people get Pat's on the back and special treatment because they are friends with management oh and let's not forget not 401k match then this is the place for you. God speed
Alright
Assembly Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMarch 15, 2018
This is a quick work place to work for. You have to complete so many machines a day with your team members on the assembly lines. They are very picky on what they do and dont let pass the line.
Not recommend
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 16, 2018
Management plays favorites and will give their favorite employees advancement before an employee with more experience and better work ethic. I worked very hard for this company and was looked over every time for other employees that didn't do half the work I did.
not fun at all
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNFebruary 16, 2018
my manager was a person that picked and choose the people that he liked and wanted to help with problems, I lived in motels all week when was told just sometimes.
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJanuary 29, 2018
You take about 70 calls a day. They have an AWESOME training program for new customer service reps. You have access to all the thing you need. Tec support is available by phone and there are wonderful tec docs on line.
Hard to enjoy it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJanuary 4, 2018
Hard to get time off. High turn overs. Bad leadership. You can never advance. I tried 3 times and I didn't get the position and it wasn't because of my performance. They will use you if you are good until you can't take it it more. They will never advance you.
Cons
Bad occurrence policy
Great Company
Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Holland, MI 49424December 21, 2017
Great company to work for. Collaborative environment. Work is rewarding and management appreciates your efforts. Hardest part for me is the drive (very long) and the most enjoyable is improving company metrics
Pros
Environment
New hires and temps
Welder (Current Employee) –  Lilac DriveDecember 6, 2017
I'm in welding and they seem to hire a lot of weld school and in experienced welders.These people tend to think they know everything and they don,t.They are hired because they can be paid a much lower rate.Also some of the older people that have been there for yrs aren't getting raises and aren't moving up but other people with less knowledge are.Not enough rules are in writing.Health ins.is too expensive!
Pros
Pay day
Cons
Lazy people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tennant Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss