Tenneco Employee Reviews

Great people that work at this place but not enough management
Tenneco (Current Employee) –  Marshall, MIJanuary 20, 2019
I am currently working third shift and was supposed to have started on first. I did not start off with the agreed pay rate. I haven’t been assigned to a trainer.
Pros
Payed lunches
Very good indeed
Production (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJanuary 19, 2019
I really do enjoy my reviews in this campany plus the good good work that i had find it's here in my all lovely jobs i found as also so closer to wherr i lives you know love it more than anythings then thanks more one again
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Short break
high paced
Helped Plant Controller (Former Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJJanuary 15, 2019
proper plan of the job at hand to get the job done. Making sure you get everything sett up in a timely manner so you can run your product without many loses.
Terrible floor supervisors
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Napoleon, OHJanuary 8, 2019
The rubber injection supervisor in particular ruins the work experience for low tier workers by threatening write ups and termination if people make mistakes. Very bad communication between supervisors and production employees. The 2nd shift supervisor could care less about workplace safety even though he preaches about it everyday in the safety meetings. Regular maintenance on machines is shrugged off which resulted in a fire over Christmas break. Overall it was a great place to work but the supervisors make it unbearable if you’re low tier.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad floor supervisors
Birthday is hosted in the department for every employee
Finance Intern (Internal Auditor) (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJanuary 5, 2019
The good workplace that offer an opportunity to employee to grow up with the company. The best place that can be built a lot of friendships among coworkers.
Pros
Company’s culture is very good
Cons
No public transportation
Work Enviroment
Robot & gauge operator (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJanuary 5, 2019
Tenneco is a changing culture due to the length they have been in the local area. They are doing a fine job trying to change the culture from a company that is growing.
Benefits
Cons
No internal advancement other than entry level leadership
Fast paced and somewhat stressful
Continuous Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hartwell, GAJanuary 4, 2019
Enjoy the people of Tenneco but development of employees is not evenly distributed.opportunities to advance are not clearly outlined. But the pay was excellent.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Working here was a simple and easy job .
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hartwell, GAJanuary 4, 2019
The jobs that I had to do were very simple and easy . It seemed a little hard in the beginning because, that was my first industrial job but , overall it’s a great job to start out at for first timers .
Pros
They have cooks that cook for lunch .
Cons
It was either too cold or too hot .
I had a very good 2 and half years there i started as a temp 10 an hour operator 6 monthe later i was team lead over 14 guys on my line work is what y
Welder- team lead (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 31, 2018
Tenneco was and is a great career opportunity i would give my little finger to get back there
A very good competitive work environment. All in all a great place to work
Pros
Steady work good health care
Horrible Culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILDecember 28, 2018
At one time, this company was excellent. Under the leadership of the new CEO and his "leadership" team, the culture has devolved into a vicious, nasty place to work. There is little collaboration between functions or sites. Management is happy to burn you out and then kick you out. Shareholder value is the only thing that matters; employees do not. I would never recommend working here unless you are desperate.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor leadership
Good work place
Bremh operator (Current Employee) –  Hartwell, GADecember 26, 2018
Good environment to work in with other worker. Good hands on training. Upper management that good at helping you insurance, 401kand other things that you need
They don't care about employees
Welder/General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Marshall, MIDecember 21, 2018
The money was good everything else was not. A lot of internal problems. I never seen a place with so much lack of support. Department against department shift against shift. Management doesn't listen to employees and their request for help concerning production matters and then when things go bad management blames the employee this place is a hot mess. And I would not expect any kind of help from human resources. If you decide to work here good luck to you!
Poor facility layout
Forklift Driver/Floor Scrubber (Former Employee) –  Hartwell, GADecember 19, 2018
Facility needs an overhaul in the direction of work flow throughout the plant. Poor management in trying to fill orders and do too many things at one time.
Pros
Pay, work environment
Cons
poor management
Production
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Hartwell, GADecember 18, 2018
Good hard hard working is a plus in this place need a good mind an be able to take a joke every now and then helps fast past jobs so good hand eye coordination.
Good
Cons
Work hrs
great work envirment
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Ligonier, INDecember 16, 2018
fast pace, with great training crew and great safety crew to make sure your safe from dangerous equipment and presses. Very well maintained building from dangerous materials.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks and very loud
Very productive company with opportunities to learn.
Receiving Clerk- Tenneco Marshal Campus (Current Employee) –  Tenneco MarshallDecember 15, 2018
Very productive company with opportunities to learn. A professional environment. honest work you can be proud of at the end of the day. great place to start your career.
Production with insurance
General worker (Former Employee) –  Angola, INDecember 14, 2018
Would like another chance to work there. When I was there I ran some bad parts so they let me go. I was told at one time they would take me back. I really liked what I did when I worked there.
Fast paced
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIDecember 10, 2018
This place is fast paced. Office politics are plenty. Hardest part of job is not being part of the information circle. Many people wanting work done, but not enough people to do it.
Not bad at all
Tester (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHDecember 9, 2018
Pretty good place to work. Things vary in different departments. I can say that I am happy with my job, cool co-workers, down-to-earth team leader and supervisor. Excellent benefits and paid weekly with some OT.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians
bad work place
qulity (Former Employee) –  Smithville, TNDecember 8, 2018
poor place to work
they do not care about what is good for there employees
they can not keep good good employees because of poor management
the management come in and talking down to people when they can not proform nor have the training of the employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tenneco. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight