Tenneco Employee Reviews

Poorly Managed and lacking in work
Lawn Care Worker (Summer Job) (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIJanuary 17, 2018
Forced breaks at specific times made for long days. Outdoors the conditions were rough due to a dry summer. Management had no clue what we did. A co-worker would play Starcraft in a closet and another spent the whole day walking from bathroom to bathroom due to lack of work. This was the maintenance crew, but I hear the office workers don't have it too good either, long hours and minimal job security from what I've heard.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Poor leadership, lazy coworkers
Old company with a few quirks
Production Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartwell, GAJanuary 16, 2018
Tenneco Hartwell is a 60 year old facility that has not been kept up but the workforce is good and most managers are okay. I enjoyed my time at Tenneco but the continuous road blocks to initiate CI projects to help improve efficiency and quality were more than anyone can take. The employees have gotten to a point to where they just take what is and have no drive to be better.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Most management
stressful and depressing
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNJanuary 16, 2018
I was fairly young when i started working here and everyone else was older so they loved picking fun at me, the work was fast paced and depressing. breaks were short.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
everything else sucked
no longer in business
transportation and marketing (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2018
This company is no longer in business, not review is warranted. I enjoyed my time here learned a lot with great leadership in a competitive environment
Needs Work
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJanuary 13, 2018
This company was a good place to work in the beginning. They do pay well as supervisors are paid overtime and the starting wage is good.Change of management has been hard and many good people were let go.
Enjoyed my time at Tenneco
Manager of Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIJanuary 11, 2018
Work in the Talent Acquisition Department in addition to assisting with Diversity and Inclusion goals. Supported 9 manufacturing plants across the USA
Great insurance
Arc Welder (Former Employee) –  Hartwell, GAJanuary 10, 2018
Wouldn't recommend a job at Tenneco to anyone. Poor management and unsafe environment when it rains the roof leaks every where. there's a lot of favoritism that goes on in the company
Very quick paced work
Interim EHS Manager; Environmental Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Paragould, ARJanuary 9, 2018
Can be a great place to work but can also be stressful in dealing with production numbers that are dictated. The management team an extremely talented group.
maintenance
Electrician and maintenance worker (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 8, 2018
Maintenance team lead is a passive aggressive jerk that will cut your throat to make himself look good in a heart beat production turn over was high but fair the head manager has a tough job and does the best he can with the people he has to work with
Pros
its a job
Cons
its a job
They don’t care about their workers
Welder (Former Employee) –  Smithville, TNJanuary 7, 2018
Alright place to work but they don’t care about their workers or paying them what they deserve for the job they do, my wife was also a welder and because she is female they refused her welder premium which was anextra $1.50/hr.
Pros
Not unionized
Cons
Long hours and treated unfairly
You walk a tightrope
Super finisher (Former Employee) –  Hartwell, GAJanuary 6, 2018
Tenneco is a very up tight place to work you have no outside life they work you 12 hour days 7 days a week you get one night off every two months so its hard on someone
Pros
Good money
Cons
No time off
Productive and fun place to work
Intern (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIJanuary 3, 2018
Felt underutilized and not worked to full potential at times. Very much enjoyed my management and the team I worked for. Extremely friendly and helpful people.
Good teaching job
Set-up Operator (Former Employee) –  Seward NebraskaJanuary 3, 2018
I started as a machine set up operator when I left I was training people on robotics set up, a lot of room for advancement if your willing to work hard for it. They are real good about moving you around to learn more machine operations
Pros
Plenty of hours to work
Cons
If you get on second shift hard to move to different shift
Fast paced work place
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJanuary 1, 2018
It's a fast pace work area but sometimes parts were not available and we would get chewed up for it when it's the fork lift driver who doesn't bring the parts we would need
Pros
None if you are a temp
Cons
If a temporary employee No paid time off no benefits
Long hours, Hot, Stressful
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Smithville, TNDecember 28, 2017
12 hour shifts 7 days a week. Hard to get time off. Extremely hot place to work but they do provide water and gatoraid. The company does pay most of the cost for you to get a pair of steal toes shoes every year.
Not good
Welder (Former Employee) –  TennesseeDecember 27, 2017
Better management pay sucks lots of hours they don't care about their workers always looking for negative in workers and throw write ups around like it's candy
hard work and not for everyone
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Smithville, TNDecember 24, 2017
this is a hard work enviorment and many people do not stay. long work days and possible 7 days a week. pay is good and so are the benifits. willing to work for them again.
Pros
good pay
Cons
productive and fun place to work
Manufacturing (welding) Engineer CWI/CWE (Current Employee) –  Seward, NEDecember 23, 2017
Lots of good people to enjoy working with and some difficult ones who do not like strangers. There is no much stress in the regular daily job. Very good managers to make you feel comfortable working there.
Pros
Many benefits
Cons
Difficult co-workers
Good Position
Mechanical Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIDecember 22, 2017
Good People work at Tenneco. I like my time there but I had to leave because of school schedule and far drive. I recommend working there. Also, nice work place.
Stressful workplace
Materials Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHDecember 21, 2017
Tenneco is a good company, but they think you should put your family 2nd and I'm not willing to do that. I put in a minimum of 60hrs a week and almost feel guilty when I leave on time.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Unrealistic expetations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tenneco. Our community is ready to answer.