Tennessee Health Management Employee Reviews

Taking advantage of people
RN (Former Employee) –  Martin tnSeptember 8, 2018
Worked salary. Never again. They take advantage of you working salary. Worked my job during the day and in the evening worked the floor. No compensation. Absolutely AWFUL!! You have to be political to get ahead! I would not recommend THM at all.
Pros
Cons
Many
Great place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNAugust 21, 2018
I come from alabama and applied and I must say I felt at home. They welcomed me with opened arms and they really take out time with the residents!! I would recommend this facility to anyone that's looking for a job in healthcare!!
Shut It Down!!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 21, 2018
This place needs to shut down. The whole facility is dirty and nasty. The floor techs dont mop or clean the rooms. You literally walk in poo and urine daily. Food all over floors. The administration only cares about themselves and making a dollar. He walks around and don't speak. He has been there almost a year and don't know the first thing about running a nursing home or try to get to know the patients or workers. The new staffing coordinator doesn't have a CLUE. She always make us work short staffed and if you ask a question, she is rude..She has her picks of who she gives vacation days to or let call in on the regular basis, with no consequences. She rather smoke a pack a cigs all day than take care of these residents. We have been working under staffed for a long time and she won't hire the people to work or the right people. It's always a friend of hers she hires or a family member of hers. The nurses are lazy and will not answer a call light and be standing in front of it but will page for a cna to come get, knowing we are short staffed.
Pros
None at this place.
Cons
Management can't manage
fast pace
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TennesseeAugust 15, 2018
overall good working environment . would work there again. only reason I left was a better jab came available with better pay. good staff and management.
Love this company
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  TennesseeAugust 9, 2018
This company has great support and a very open door policy when it comes to every aspect. They are very supportive and pay really well. They give you the tools you need to succeed and are there by your side the entire time. Great management and great environment.
Hostile Work Environment Poor Management
MHT (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 4, 2018
This is a bad place to work because they have a lot of rules that no one follows. The nurses are weak and afraid to discipline the MHT’s. They look the other way when they see a problem. They are lazy and do not like to help. They tell lies to cover up the other lies that they already told. U can’t trust them. They want good workers but they are not a good employer. They show favoritism to the ones who do the least amount of work.

Management has changed several times since I been there. They come in trying to change stuff for the better but this place is so out of order they leave just as fast as they came.

I never seen a place so out of order. It’s stressful and hostile. The turn over rate is rediculous. I’ve seen a lot of good people leave because of the working conditions from techs to administration.
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Hostile work environment no raises poor management
Overall okay place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNJuly 29, 2018
Staffing was always short so that was a downside.
Management was okay. Sometimes don’t know what’s going on in the building that doesn’t involve them.
Benefits
Cons
Staffing, constantly have to stay 12 hours, call ins
Awful place to work
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  BHC(Clarksville Tennessee)July 29, 2018
Poorly managed and under staffed and no team work and nurses and technicians arguing with each other patients make false allegations against you and threaten your job
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Cut throat staff and management
So much potential
RN (Former Employee) –  West TennesseeJuly 20, 2018
The nurses and CNAs not only have one of the toughest jobs out there, but most of them really care for the residents from what I saw. I hope they are all recognized and made to feel appreciated everyday for all of their hard work.

Until the C-Suite folks take action and address the problems with the “Parsons Set” of folks, the company will not operate efficiently or be as profitable as it could be, and for that matter as good of a place to work as it has the potential to be. There are too many inefficiencies caused by the “back office” in Parsons, and it creates a drag on the overall performance of the company along with causing problems that spill over into the facilities.

The bench isn’t very deep with knowledge and expertise with some of the folks in regional roles either, so there’s not a lot of useful help when you turn to them for support lots of times.....I do hear there are some great regional folks at THM though, so that’s not an across the board assessment.

I was surprised to see petty, territorial infighting among some department managers in Parsons that had a negative impact on individual facilities as well.......way too many people pulling against each other rather than together in the company as a whole, mainly Parsons though. I think it’s just a small town petty drama fest there, but it gets into some of the buildings from what I saw, too. Instead of a workforce of highly skilled healthcare professionals dedicated to their jobs and careers, there’s a lot of pettiness and infighting along with the occasional knife in someone’s back. I noticed that
  more... too many times the bad behavior seemed to start with folks that have roles in the company that impact multiple buildings and who you would think are professional and sophisticated enough not to act like mean girls in high school.

I know THM went through a rough couple of years a few years back because of mismanagement at the top. Hopefully that’s all behind them now, and they are focused on making THM a 21st century healthcare provider instead of one stuck in 1982.
Poorly Managed
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJuly 14, 2018
The nursing assistants are expected to do vitals, baths, weights, pass ice, assist with 3 meals, answer call lights and chart patient info on the day shift, per assigned patients. That could be anywhere from 8 to 16 patients. It's just according to how many aides are working. More times than not you work short of an aide. They really prefer you to dedicate all of your time to them, don't want you working another job...so they can call you in all of the time when you're off. Strictly 12 hour shifts. My job location was West Tennessee Transitional Care. Very unorganized place in every department. The patients do not get the quality care they pay for due to being short staffed...mostly CNAs. Worked with WTTC for 3 yrs. If you don't mind working 12 hours and overwhelmed, stressed out...then you should be fine.
Pros
Top out pay $14.50 per experience for CNAs
Cons
12 hours shifts, duty overload per each CNA
Management is terrible!
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNJune 19, 2018
Management micro-manages every department. There is high turn over rate of employees due to poor management. Not enough staff for amount of patients. There are high school cliques and if you aren't "in," everyday will be awful. Administrator has no idea what is going on floor. She would rather keep her "favorite" lazy employees over good hard working employees. Lots of drama. Work you to death, due to staffing issues that are never fixed. Charge Nurses are lazy and don't help us techs. No one works outside their job descriptions.
Pros
The good employees are "amazing", but burnt out.
Cons
Short breaks, no in house HR, poor orientation.
Worst job of my life!
RN (Former Employee) –  Mt. Juliet, TNMay 22, 2018
I was hired into management with no orientation, no training, no previous person in my role to help me settle in.
I had to learn my job by myself with no expectations, goals, or support.
Other management members expected staff there 24/7 with no notice. They had no care at all about employee satisfaction, retention, or growth.
When expectations were addressed, they were unrealistic. The job offered was not the job expected of me. My offer was not honored despite signed copies.
Poor morale with negative staff. Multiple call-outs every shift. Every shift is short handed and often one nurse works alone overnight.
Would NOT recommend!
Cons
Previous employee As new RN from LPN of 16 years.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 9, 2018
I was very disappointed when I recieved only $1.29 more in pay when I recieved my RN Associate's degree in the LPN to RN fast track. I was a a LPN for 14 years before I finally got my RN degree. I was crossed trained in all areas of nursing. I was looked over on multiple occasions for management positions. They would rather hire someone they were friends with outside of work. The company used to be a great place to work. But things seemed to shift when CEOs were found to be spending the company's money inappropriately. Management is terrible. There is alot if favoritism among the ones who are supposed to be running the show. CNAs do not get the pay they deserve. Nor do they get the pat on the back. They have the hardest job over all. Floor nurses have alot on their plates too. Which if you ask me, I think 30 patients to one nurse is asking for trouble. But who cares in management as long as the company is making money.
Well I know I will never work for THM facilities ever again. Why Bother wasting my time. Trust me there are way better opportunities then this one.
Pros
There are none...
Cons
To much work load
a complete and utter waste of time
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  TennesseeApril 16, 2018
I was employed with savannah healthcare in savannh tn my experience there was horrible very few coworkers got along wiith no drama we were always short ,expected to cover yourself you were ill even if you were hospitalized, the residents definately didnt receive what they were paying for ,always out of supplies llinen shortages and just a lack of good morale.
Pros
residents and some employees
Cons
more than i can name
Disrespectful Management "Team"
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Paris, TNApril 4, 2018
The most disrespectful set of nurse managers I've ever seen. Only point out the bad, not the good. Quick to throw you under the bus rather than have your back.
Pros
Not a thing
Cons
Crestview healthcare and rehab brownsville tn
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TNApril 1, 2018
I love my job, love my coworkers that work the floor, but the management is very poor. From the administrator, to the DON, to Staffing Coordinator. These are people that don’t like their jobs, so how do they expect their employees to like their jobs and perform well. The management is what has me looking for another job. I will be leaving soon. We have horrible turn over rates here for nurses and cnas. The pay and benefits are horrible also. CNAs don’t get there promised days off due to lack of staff so they are forced to work 4 12hr Days a week.
Pros
Patients and floor workers
Cons
Poor Management, little to no benifits, lowest pay from thm than any other surrounding facility
Never Again In My Life
Management (Former Employee) –  TNMarch 23, 2018
I absolutely loved the facility I worked at. I loved my co-workers & the residents. Pay is terrible, no compensation for time worked, bi monthly pay, so basically, you work a month and a half before getting a full check, it takes forever to get hired & started. No in house HR, no help when short staffed, administrative staff have zero support (depending on your position). They need help! In house management are not given what they need to retain employees. There are no competitive wages, no raises, when things get hard, half of the facility has to leave before they even start to listen, and Im sure its only so everyone doesnt leave all together. McDonald's pays better wages. Good luck & best wishes.
Pros
Facility staff are hard core, residents are amazing, most staff are very positive & great to work with
Cons
Corporate, no pay
compassionate staff with a great teamwork
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Humboldt, TNMarch 19, 2018
Humboldt Healthcare is an excellent place to work. Management is easy to work with and helps build you up as an employee instead of tearing you down. We are a 4 star facility and take pride in the work that each one of us do. At times the work load can be stressful but we all pitch in to get the job done. As a nurse my patients are my world and it is very easy to get attached. I have worked for other companies as part time or PRN and this facility has all of them beat by a mile. Humboldt Healthcare is the gold star facility in Humboldt.
Pros
career advancements, Teamwork, every other weekend off, competitive pay
Cons
some behavior patients
Use to be a good company
Charge Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 18, 2018
I have been with THM for about 11 years and I have watched it decline rapidly. Mostly due to corporate stealing money but it’s declining is felt company wide. There are no incentives in working for this company. I am basically the same as someone who started yesterday. The only incentive for staying is vacation time, but you have to work a whole year to get ANY PTO and most companies you acquire it as soon as you start working. There is no shift differential, and it is very unlikely you will get a raise. The starting pay is good, but it should be cause you will probably stay at that rate for a while if you stick around. The opportunity for advancement is good because management is always quiting.
Pros
Pay, advancement
Cons
No incentives, no shift differential, vacation time, poor management
Great Environment, Great People! TEAMWORK!!
Inventory Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Parsons, TNMarch 4, 2018
I was skeptical after moving back to the area after living in a large metropolitan area for over 30 years. The management team has a vision for excellence. I am very fortunate to join this group of talented individuals. You will not find a better group of people and we anticipate a bright future of great things to come!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tennessee Health Management. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6