Tennessee Health Management Employee Reviews

Management has picks (Favorites)
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNDecember 2, 2018
The more I think or believe there is good in the world, Forest Cove reminds me to stop believing that. Tell me how one can sleep at night knowing they have stressed out an employee that has lost a family member by not giving them their 3 bereavement days that is rightfully the employees...No human being should have to go through that. Management here did just that. Told employees that just lost a loved one, they could not give them their 3 bereavement days and didn't..Wow!!! Where on the flip side other employees got gifts when their loved one past and 3 bereavement days to boot. How fair is that? Simple, it's not! !! Management only acknowledge certain employees and the rest get looked over. We haven't had an employee of the month since April. Before then it would be the same people getting employee of the month..If you are not a snitch, you're not of any use..I work the hardest out of all the cna's there and not once been acknowledged..The DON bought pizza one night and only gave it to 3 halls and left one hall out..I know management is all about the mighty dollars.. Patients get looked over as well..Certain cna's can leave facility and go on an outing and nothing is said but the ones that stay and work work work gets the short end of stick..Someone somewhere has to care..It's just not here..
Pros
Cons
Racist atmosphere from managers and department heads
Avoid Mtjuliet Healthcare
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Mtjuliet,TnNovember 21, 2018
Constant change in management. New management has ZERO respect for staff and administrator not welcoming at all. No training received upon hire. No raises for employees no matter how good your evaluation is. Makes lots of promises without results to staff. Zero teamwork and if you don't "CYA" other employees will throw you under the bus. Constant short staff with no care from management. Often times only one nurse for night shift. If management comes in they don't pass medication or chart.
Pros
You have a job.
Cons
Everything!
Excellent company
Interim-Administrator (Former Employee) –  Huntsvile, ALNovember 20, 2018
Ethical management . Provided superior Corporate support and staff training. Set high standards for themselves and all employees. and held management accountable for for meeting service provision and financial goals.
Pros
Ethical company
Not worth the career
Environmental (Former Employee) –  TennesseeNovember 11, 2018
Working here is not worth the stress. I have worked at THM for several years and never had any help with anything. Has very poor management. I wouldn’t recommend this to a friend.
Pros
Nice patients
Do not work here
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paris, TNNovember 2, 2018
they called me after a 12 hour shift(I was hired for 8s) to tell me they had a complaint. I got off at 7am they called at 11:30 stating there was a complaint against me. the aids are never on time in the morning and management doesn't care.
Pros
the sweet residents
Cons
everything else
Not worth it
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNOctober 30, 2018
Inconsistent schedule (8 or 12 hours,), favoritisms ramped, to many chiefs, not enough staff on all shifts, Management that is unprofessional and really doesn’t care if you have a life outside work, the stress level is unbearable. There are too many of the managements friends and relatives working there. I know there is gossip everywhere but when management and workers sit at the nurses station gossiping it just looks bad. Never give your cell number.
Pros
A few nice people
Cons
To many to list
Unethical
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Middle TennesseeOctober 16, 2018
I saw several good employees terminated for bogus reasons when they were weeks or a few months away from being vested with the company. There is a pattern here. I do not recommend THM.
Pros
Pay is fair
Cons
Don’t care about dedicated staff
Christmas meetings
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Parsons, TNOctober 3, 2018
We have some Fun games and give aways at Christmas, giveaways at Christmas. Employees of the month for employees that deserve the award. Free meals at certain meetings.
Very disappointed
LPN (Former Employee) –  Paris, TNOctober 2, 2018
At first you don't realize what you are getting yourself into. Everything seems clear. Then every move you make is scrutinized. They threaten you that cameras are watching you. They have lying, sneaky "Assistant Director of Nurses" that are probably thinking they are advancing themselves by taking everyone else down.

The poor patients are the ones that suffer. There is no leadership. There is no management. The administrator makes it to the Pepsi machine once or twice a day, otherwise you never see her.

The work is overwhelming. There is no teamwork. The CNA's work so short that it is probably against state regulations.

The only ones getting ahead are the ones trying to take the place down. I'm not sure what kind of business does this, but consider yourself warned.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
if your pay is too good they want to replace you with someone cheaper.
Taking advantage of people
RN (Former Employee) –  Martin tnSeptember 8, 2018
Worked salary. Never again. They take advantage of you working salary. Worked my job during the day and in the evening worked the floor. No compensation. Absolutely AWFUL!! You have to be political to get ahead! I would not recommend THM at all.
Pros
Cons
Many
Lack of management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  TennesseeAugust 24, 2018
Management does not care about the staff or patients, just there for paycheck. More concerned for quantity of patients than quality. Other nurses and staff do not act in professional manner towards other workers or patients.
Great place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNAugust 21, 2018
I come from alabama and applied and I must say I felt at home. They welcomed me with opened arms and they really take out time with the residents!! I would recommend this facility to anyone that's looking for a job in healthcare!!
Shut It Down!!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 21, 2018
This place needs to shut down. The whole facility is dirty and nasty. The floor techs dont mop or clean the rooms. You literally walk in poo and urine daily. Food all over floors. The administration only cares about themselves and making a dollar. He walks around and don't speak. He has been there almost a year and don't know the first thing about running a nursing home or try to get to know the patients or workers. The new staffing coordinator doesn't have a CLUE. She always make us work short staffed and if you ask a question, she is rude..She has her picks of who she gives vacation days to or let call in on the regular basis, with no consequences. She rather smoke a pack a cigs all day than take care of these residents. We have been working under staffed for a long time and she won't hire the people to work or the right people. It's always a friend of hers she hires or a family member of hers. The nurses are lazy and will not answer a call light and be standing in front of it but will page for a cna to come get, knowing we are short staffed.
Pros
None at this place.
Cons
Management can't manage
fast pace
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TennesseeAugust 15, 2018
overall good working environment . would work there again. only reason I left was a better jab came available with better pay. good staff and management.
Love this company
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  TennesseeAugust 9, 2018
This company has great support and a very open door policy when it comes to every aspect. They are very supportive and pay really well. They give you the tools you need to succeed and are there by your side the entire time. Great management and great environment.
Hostile Work Environment Poor Management
MHT (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 4, 2018
This is a bad place to work because they have a lot of rules that no one follows. The nurses are weak and afraid to discipline the MHT’s. They look the other way when they see a problem. They are lazy and do not like to help. They tell lies to cover up the other lies that they already told. U can’t trust them. They want good workers but they are not a good employer. They show favoritism to the ones who do the least amount of work.

Management has changed several times since I been there. They come in trying to change stuff for the better but this place is so out of order they leave just as fast as they came.

I never seen a place so out of order. It’s stressful and hostile. The turn over rate is rediculous. I’ve seen a lot of good people leave because of the working conditions from techs to administration.
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Hostile work environment no raises poor management
Overall okay place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNJuly 29, 2018
Staffing was always short so that was a downside.
Management was okay. Sometimes don’t know what’s going on in the building that doesn’t involve them.
Benefits
Cons
Staffing, constantly have to stay 12 hours, call ins
Awful place to work
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  BHC(Clarksville Tennessee)July 29, 2018
Poorly managed and under staffed and no team work and nurses and technicians arguing with each other patients make false allegations against you and threaten your job
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Cut throat staff and management
So much potential
RN (Former Employee) –  West TennesseeJuly 20, 2018
The nurses and CNAs not only have one of the toughest jobs out there, but most of them really care for the residents from what I saw. I hope they are all recognized and made to feel appreciated everyday for all of their hard work.

Until the C-Suite folks take action and address the problems with the “Parsons Set” of folks, the company will not operate efficiently or be as profitable as it could be, and for that matter as good of a place to work as it has the potential to be. There are too many inefficiencies caused by the “back office” in Parsons, and it creates a drag on the overall performance of the company along with causing problems that spill over into the facilities.

The bench isn’t very deep with knowledge and expertise with some of the folks in regional roles either, so there’s not a lot of useful help when you turn to them for support lots of times.....I do hear there are some great regional folks at THM though, so that’s not an across the board assessment.

I was surprised to see petty, territorial infighting among some department managers in Parsons that had a negative impact on individual facilities as well.......way too many people pulling against each other rather than together in the company as a whole, mainly Parsons though. I think it’s just a small town petty drama fest there, but it gets into some of the buildings from what I saw, too. Instead of a workforce of highly skilled healthcare professionals dedicated to their jobs and careers, there’s a lot of pettiness and infighting along with the occasional knife in someone’s back. I noticed that
  more... too many times the bad behavior seemed to start with folks that have roles in the company that impact multiple buildings and who you would think are professional and sophisticated enough not to act like mean girls in high school.

I know THM went through a rough couple of years a few years back because of mismanagement at the top. Hopefully that’s all behind them now, and they are focused on making THM a 21st century healthcare provider instead of one stuck in 1982.
Poorly Managed
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJuly 14, 2018
The nursing assistants are expected to do vitals, baths, weights, pass ice, assist with 3 meals, answer call lights and chart patient info on the day shift, per assigned patients. That could be anywhere from 8 to 16 patients. It's just according to how many aides are working. More times than not you work short of an aide. They really prefer you to dedicate all of your time to them, don't want you working another job...so they can call you in all of the time when you're off. Strictly 12 hour shifts. My job location was West Tennessee Transitional Care. Very unorganized place in every department. The patients do not get the quality care they pay for due to being short staffed...mostly CNAs. Worked with WTTC for 3 yrs. If you don't mind working 12 hours and overwhelmed, stressed out...then you should be fine.
Pros
Top out pay $14.50 per experience for CNAs
Cons
12 hours shifts, duty overload per each CNA

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tennessee Health Management. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5