Tennessee Health Management Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
Poorly Managed
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJuly 14, 2018
The nursing assistants are expected to do vitals, baths, weights, pass ice, assist with 3 meals, answer call lights and chart patient info on the day shift, per assigned patients. That could be anywhere from 8 to 16 patients. It's just according to how many aides are working. More times than not you work short of an aide. They really prefer you to dedicate all of your time to them, don't want you working another job...so they can call you in all of the time when you're off. Strictly 12 hour shifts. My job location was West Tennessee Transitional Care. Very unorganized place in every department. The patients do not get the quality care they pay for due to being short staffed...mostly CNAs. Worked with WTTC for 3 yrs. If you don't mind working 12 hours and overwhelmed, stressed out...then you should be fine.
Pros
Top out pay $14.50 per experience for CNAs
Cons
12 hours shifts, duty overload per each CNA
Management is terrible!
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNJune 19, 2018
Management micro-manages every department. There is high turn over rate of employees due to poor management. Not enough staff for amount of patients. There are high school cliques and if you aren't "in," everyday will be awful. Administrator has no idea what is going on floor. She would rather keep her "favorite" lazy employees over good hard working employees. Lots of drama. Work you to death, due to staffing issues that are never fixed. Charge Nurses are lazy and don't help us techs. No one works outside their job descriptions.
Pros
The good employees are "amazing", but burnt out.
Cons
Short breaks, no in house HR, poor orientation.
Worst job of my life!
RN (Former Employee) –  Mt. Juliet, TNMay 22, 2018
I was hired into management with no orientation, no training, no previous person in my role to help me settle in.
I had to learn my job by myself with no expectations, goals, or support.
Other management members expected staff there 24/7 with no notice. They had no care at all about employee satisfaction, retention, or growth.
When expectations were addressed, they were unrealistic. The job offered was not the job expected of me. My offer was not honored despite signed copies.
Poor morale with negative staff. Multiple call-outs every shift. Every shift is short handed and often one nurse works alone overnight.
Would NOT recommend!
Cons
Previous employee As new RN from LPN of 16 years.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 9, 2018
I was very disappointed when I recieved only $1.29 more in pay when I recieved my RN Associate's degree in the LPN to RN fast track. I was a a LPN for 14 years before I finally got my RN degree. I was crossed trained in all areas of nursing. I was looked over on multiple occasions for management positions. They would rather hire someone they were friends with outside of work. The company used to be a great place to work. But things seemed to shift when CEOs were found to be spending the company's money inappropriately. Management is terrible. There is alot if favoritism among the ones who are supposed to be running the show. CNAs do not get the pay they deserve. Nor do they get the pat on the back. They have the hardest job over all. Floor nurses have alot on their plates too. Which if you ask me, I think 30 patients to one nurse is asking for trouble. But who cares in management as long as the company is making money.
Well I know I will never work for THM facilities ever again. Why Bother wasting my time. Trust me there are way better opportunities then this one.
Pros
There are none...
Cons
To much work load
a complete and utter waste of time
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  TennesseeApril 16, 2018
I was employed with savannah healthcare in savannh tn my experience there was horrible very few coworkers got along wiith no drama we were always short ,expected to cover yourself you were ill even if you were hospitalized, the residents definately didnt receive what they were paying for ,always out of supplies llinen shortages and just a lack of good morale.
Pros
residents and some employees
Cons
more than i can name
Disrespectful Management "Team"
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Paris, TNApril 4, 2018
The most disrespectful set of nurse managers I've ever seen. Only point out the bad, not the good. Quick to throw you under the bus rather than have your back.
Pros
Not a thing
Cons
Crestview healthcare and rehab brownsville tn
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TNApril 1, 2018
I love my job, love my coworkers that work the floor, but the management is very poor. From the administrator, to the DON, to Staffing Coordinator. These are people that don’t like their jobs, so how do they expect their employees to like their jobs and perform well. The management is what has me looking for another job. I will be leaving soon. We have horrible turn over rates here for nurses and cnas. The pay and benefits are horrible also. CNAs don’t get there promised days off due to lack of staff so they are forced to work 4 12hr Days a week.
Pros
Patients and floor workers
Cons
Poor Management, little to no benifits, lowest pay from thm than any other surrounding facility
Never Again In My Life
Management (Former Employee) –  TNMarch 23, 2018
I absolutely loved the facility I worked at. I loved my co-workers & the residents. Pay is terrible, no compensation for time worked, bi monthly pay, so basically, you work a month and a half before getting a full check, it takes forever to get hired & started. No in house HR, no help when short staffed, administrative staff have zero support (depending on your position). They need help! In house management are not given what they need to retain employees. There are no competitive wages, no raises, when things get hard, half of the facility has to leave before they even start to listen, and Im sure its only so everyone doesnt leave all together. McDonald's pays better wages. Good luck & best wishes.
Pros
Facility staff are hard core, residents are amazing, most staff are very positive & great to work with
Cons
Corporate, no pay
compassionate staff with a great teamwork
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Humboldt, TNMarch 19, 2018
Humboldt Healthcare is an excellent place to work. Management is easy to work with and helps build you up as an employee instead of tearing you down. We are a 4 star facility and take pride in the work that each one of us do. At times the work load can be stressful but we all pitch in to get the job done. As a nurse my patients are my world and it is very easy to get attached. I have worked for other companies as part time or PRN and this facility has all of them beat by a mile. Humboldt Healthcare is the gold star facility in Humboldt.
Pros
career advancements, Teamwork, every other weekend off, competitive pay
Cons
some behavior patients
Use to be a good company
Charge Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 18, 2018
I have been with THM for about 11 years and I have watched it decline rapidly. Mostly due to corporate stealing money but it’s declining is felt company wide. There are no incentives in working for this company. I am basically the same as someone who started yesterday. The only incentive for staying is vacation time, but you have to work a whole year to get ANY PTO and most companies you acquire it as soon as you start working. There is no shift differential, and it is very unlikely you will get a raise. The starting pay is good, but it should be cause you will probably stay at that rate for a while if you stick around. The opportunity for advancement is good because management is always quiting.
Pros
Pay, advancement
Cons
No incentives, no shift differential, vacation time, poor management
Great Environment, Great People! TEAMWORK!!
Inventory Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Parsons, TNMarch 4, 2018
I was skeptical after moving back to the area after living in a large metropolitan area for over 30 years. The management team has a vision for excellence. I am very fortunate to join this group of talented individuals. You will not find a better group of people and we anticipate a bright future of great things to come!
Warm and welcoming
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Martin, TNFebruary 23, 2018
VanAyer has been an awesome career choice. The employees are welcoming and patients are happy. Management promotes teamwork and caring personalities.
Pros
Competitive pay with bonus
Cons
Initial vacation time accrual time
Pay is ok but management awful!!!!!!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Martin, TNFebruary 22, 2018
Oh where do I begin.... working at the BHC part of THM is ok pay but I think it's worth much more for all the stuff you have to put up with. Management is sooooo awful! They pretend to care about you just so they get their shifts filled if there is a call in. Sometimes they will work you so much that you will be sick of the place. They will run all over you if you let them. They also have their favorites. There are other things but I will just stop here. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Pay, vacation days, co-workers (sometimes)
Cons
Management, 12hr shifts, stressed to the max
Great people to work with
IT Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNFebruary 19, 2018
Great people to work with it unfortunate that medicare cuts resulted in staff downsizing. IT director was a great mentor as well as team lead. I really learned a lot there which helped push my professional growth forward.
You will never get to start
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ashland City, TNFebruary 5, 2018
Hired me as a nurse supervisor a couple of months ago. Had me come to orientation and I was told my background check was not back. I then got an email saying they did not wish to fill the supervisor position it had been eliminated. I requested a copy of my background check and they said they did not run one but told me the week before it was not back. These people are not honest.
Pros
You will never have to work they eliminate your position before you start.
Cons
Run ads then decide not to fill positions.
Terrible place
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paris, TNJanuary 12, 2018
The management is very rude, they only care for the ones they like and forget seeing your family because they only care about themselves. If something happens to you or a loved one they could care less as long as they don't have to cover you. If you're a good hard worker prepare for them to over work you
Work environment
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNDecember 27, 2017
The floor staff is great! Management not so much. Doesn’t matter how long or short of a period you have worked for them and showed your dedication it goes unnoticed and they are unappreciative always wanting more from you. Pay is the worse in the area no Christmas bonus they took that away years ago.
Pros
Floor staff
Cons
Management, pay, long work days, unappreciative
Terrible place of employment
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Paris, TNDecember 13, 2017
You have to be in the click to make it. Lots of gossip and chattering. It is like a high school drama every day. Lots of call ins and management expects staff to give up family life to work 24/7.
Pros
Patients
Cons
No breaks, long hours, no help from management, no incentives
Worst place I’ve ever worked at
Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNNovember 23, 2017
This place is awful.From the nurses to the other nurse assistants. First off,they make you feel like a slave working.They do not care about you or the residents,long as they house a lot of residents that’s all that matters.The head nurses are witches! They do not care about them employees whatsoever.They expect you to give your all sick or not. A girl was once fir d because she was pregnant and put on temporary light duty from her doctor.They would not move her anywhere else for the time being because they are hateful,so I heard she sued them for discrimination and wrongful termination.One girl even had a miscarriage due to them not gone providing her with light duty.The nurses and head nurses will walk right by a call light,expecting the nurse assistants to answer it regardless if they are busy or not.They do not help at all,this is not a place of teamwork.Yet they will hold meetings and act like they serve a particular purpose to take care of residents and be a team.How can you be a team when 2 or 3aides are basically working alone a Hall with 30residents....They do Norbert care about you or tour family.Regardless if you are sick or your child is sick and you do not have a sitter, they expect you to be at work.But when they need off it’s no questions to be asked and no one to answer to.The facility administrator and the DON AND ASSISTANT DON are reckless.They do not care about anyone at all and will blame anything On you even when they do not know all details about something until you prove they are wrong. They walk around and half the time are rude and don’t speak.Its a plcallace  more... if employment not attitudes.Overall,I would not want ANYONE in my family living here.  less
Pros
Good food, nice kitchen staff
Cons
Short breaks, smart mouth nurses, rude atmosphere
Great place for employment, family oriented.
Trait of many (Current Employee) –  Waverly, TNNovember 16, 2017
One of the best jobs I've had where the management and staff understands the balance of family versus work. Plenty of work available IF you WANT to work. Getting to know the residents is very rewarding. Staff works together as a team and a family! Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options and any other optional benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tennessee Health Management. Our community is ready to answer.