Tennessee Oncology Employee Reviews

Over worked, over stressed and under paid
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 25, 2018
Its not 100% bad here but its definitley close. The doctors are rude and allowed to act like ungoverned spoiled brats! Patients are there to be seen as early as 7:30 and the nurses cant get started until 8 am... so go figure. The patients wait sometimes 3-4 hours for the doctor to enter the room. This is solely because they are texting , talking about vacationing, the nanny and a forever on social media instead of getting in the room seeing patients. The patients are ALWAYS COMPLAINING . but they keep coming because they have cancer and want to live .There is a new manager every year ....that is if they make it to a year due to stress and chaos. The turn over is like none I have ever seen before and the patients have began to take notice. I can say that patient interaction is the only positive in this zoo .
Pros
patient interaction
Cons
too many to list
great company
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TN 37129February 19, 2018
best company I have ever worked for, Doctors are caring and knowledgeable, Staff worked together to accomplish daily goals, and assure great patient care.
Pros
free lunches
Horrible place to work
Insurance Authorization Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 6, 2018
It was horrible! The boss I had had stated I needed to be more social rather than just sit at my desk and get my work done. When I would then try to socialize for a small amount of time he came back and told me I needed to sit at my desk and focus on my work. All around awful people in my department that are not team oriented. Worst place I've ever worked for.
It is a great place to work when you dont have young people running around talking about everyone. Also putting peoples jobs at risk.
Trainer for all new office employees (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, TNJanuary 28, 2018
The company is a good company. Depending on what location you are at. Some of the managers are great some.od them do not know what they are doing. Then there is a couple of managers that trry to for in with the younger crowd and believe everything that comes out of trouble makers.
Pros
You get lunch 3 times a week. I love the patients.
Cons
High school drama. Manager not believing her employees
Great Place
Float Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 7, 2017
Great Place to work. Friendly staff and great doctors to for. patients are the best and a very fulfilling humbling job. I would stay but have to relocate but this is my dream job and have learned a lot being here.
Awesome perks
Bilingual Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNOctober 25, 2017
Very fast pace, awesome patients and staff. Lunch and snacks are provided everyday I also get an extra check since im a floater, I feel like you would be appreciated
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no room to grow
Patient service representative/ scheduling (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 31, 2017
Management is poor with lack of training. They will not allow you to advance in your career if they are short staffed. The manager is not only ride to employees but quick to judge and no compassion.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks
Tennessee Orthopedics
Medical Language Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southern Hills, Nashville, TNAugust 21, 2017
Company laid off entire medical transcription department with very little notice. Prior to that, good pay and benefits. Enjoyed coworkers and type of work done.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Laid off with very little notice
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 2, 2017
I believe TnOncology is a good place to work. For the most part, the CT department functioned on it's own without micromanagement and it worked very well. The director was always there if anything was needed. I especially loved working with the oncology patients. I miss them terribly.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
Not very strong immediate supervisor
Bad
Coder/Biller (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 22, 2017
Typical day at work is - the employees do not know how to do their job. There is a lot of favoritism in this place of employment. This place is not diverse whatsoever. I have nothing good to say about this company.
Insurance Auth coordinator
Insurance Authorization Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 26, 2017
I enjoyed my position as an Insurance Authorization Coordinator. The employees are fun and a joy to be around. The camaraderie was wonderful and the supervisor was wonderful.
Love this place
Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 8, 2017
Everyone there is so caring and loving. LOVE to work here. No matter how bad your day is they will always uplift you and make you have a million times better day.
Pleasant company to work for
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 27, 2017
TNONC was a good company to start my first post-grad job at. The management was great and the company provided their employees with great benefits.
Overall a good company. Employees are treated farely well, however some of the management is not consistent.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 16, 2017
A typical day at the office consisted of: rooming patients, taking vitals, giving injections, doing blood draws, updating medical records, pa's, fmla and disability paperwork.
I have learned a vast knowledge of hematology and oncology.
The management was inconsistent.
Co-workers were fine, usual office environment.
The hardest part of my job was losing a patient to their cancer diagnosis.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the patients.
Pros
Free lunches, great teaching doctors
Cons
Inconsistent management
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 16, 2017
The company cares greatly about its patients which makes it a very respectable company to work for. I enjoy my job and duties I just prefer a lab setting.
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNDecember 16, 2016
Office manager is a wonderful person. Good to work for. They probably need to work with employees on how to approach other employees when they have issues.
Pros
Occasional free lunches brought in.
Cons
Fast paced work for so many Oncology patients.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 11, 2016
Work one on one with cancer patients. Non stop moving and activity. Hardest part is loosing patients. Most enjoyable is meeting new people that become like family.
Its a good company
Insurance Authorization Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 16, 2016
i have learned a lot and its a fast pace environment , theres no hard part .. you learned everyday . I love the pts they are great ppl and the Drs too
Pros
free lunches
Cons
dentis plan isurance not that good
awesome company
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 22, 2016
A typical day at work is busy which makes the day go by faster.
I have learned so much here and I am still learning every single day. Management here is awesome. They are so nice and understanding the policy for occurrences are not that great with people that have small children. Co workers are always nice. The hardest part of the job for me is not knowing how to do something. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to take care of patients and being a good work environment.
Everyday is a new adventure
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 28, 2016
The work day is usually busy. We see close to 100+ patients a day. We work with many different cancer types along with anemia and blood disorder patients.
Building relationships with my patients are the best. I feel that one on one time is the most important. The hardest part of my job is getting close to people and watching them suffer with cancer and some dying.
I feel management could be a little better but over all its good. My co-workers and I pull together and we are a big family to get the job done.
Pros
free lunch, company gives yearly raises, Christmas bonus
Cons
insurance benefits, pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tennessee Oncology. Our community is ready to answer.