Tennessee Urology Associates Employee Reviews

Featured review
Tennessee Urology Associates selected this as a representative review
Great place to work with great coworkers and doctors
Surgical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 30, 2019
I have been with this company for almost 2 months. Before at past jobs I hated coming to work here at Tennessee Urology Associates I actually enjoy coming to work. The Doctors and the PA that I work with day in and day out are exceptional. I have amazing coworkers work gets done and we all enjoy each other as well. The site manager is very friendly and any issues you have brought to her attention she fixes it promptly. The company itself has amazing benefits, great pay and great time off. I couldn’t ask for a better job and I honestly see myself here for 20+ years.
Pros
Free lunch almost everyday thanks to drug reps, Great Benefits, Awesome Site Manager and Great pay!
Cons
Fast paced work environment but it’s the medical field it’s expected
Progressive improvement
Administrative Assistant/Patient Navigator (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 13, 2019
I have worked for this company for 2 years. We did go through a merger last year, that had it's ups and downs. There has been some turn over with the merger, but that happens in every company. As an administrator, my job function has changed quite a bit since the merger, but it has improved patient care which is my number one priority. I Iove my job.
Great company, great work/life balance, happy employee!
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 5, 2019
I came to work for TUA 8 months ago after working with a company for 28 years. It was a huge decision and it was scary! I have not regretted it for one minute! I love my job. I am completely engaged while at work, learning new things everyday. I am supported by my management and my thoughts and ideas are always welcome! My team members, physicians, NP’s and PA’s are very patient oriented and I am very happy to be a part of this family!
poor management throughout the company
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 20, 2019
Lack of professionalism and leadership throughout the company. Workplace culture unstable. Typical workday very unorganized. Careers paths and duties not clear.
Pros
Average pay, benefits offered
Cons
Lack experienced leadership
Supportive ~ Energetic workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 17, 2019
I have been working at the TUA Surgery Center for a couple of months. I have felt very welcomed and supported by the corporate employees who have assisted us in opening the surgery center. The team they have assembled is fantastic and already feels like family. We all have a common goal to take the best care of our patients that we can and do it “together” as a team. We have a common theme that everyone helps in all areas and we all work to get the job done. We are a group of hard-workers who strive to do the best each day. I am thankful to be a part of this team and start this surgery center!
Coding/Billing Specialist, Ins Contract Adm (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 12, 2019
Tennessee Urology Associates is a merger of several different urology offices and all of them are completely different. I have not been in all of them. They were bought out since I left and are under completely different management.
Productive and progressive company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 5, 2019
Have worked for over a year with this company. Culture of the offices is friendly and supportive. Advancement and opportunities within the company are supported and encouraged. Staff and physicians care about the patients and work to render the best care available, The company has a family feel among the staff and good benefits. I have enjoyed my time with TUA and hope to work for this company for many years to come.
Pros
Free lunches and company events. Reimbursed tuition.
.not a reliable company
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 4, 2019
.management needs a lot of work with communication and truth don't know what else to say other than to stay away from this company and to look else where for a job
High turnover rate and stressful environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Knoxville, TNJanuary 15, 2019
I was there for only a short period of time, upon my training I quickly realized every MA was new (all under a year but mostly within 3 months) At first the reasons of why nobody would stay there were unclear but I quickly realized. No matter what you take to the manager it will not be addressed or fixed. The manager is a nice person but definitely not fit for a stressful position. The DRs and the PA are great. Most are too busy to teach but still very pleasant.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no set lunch break
Wonderful, knowledgeable, skilled doctors and PAs, but negative business office environment
Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 12, 2018
I did learn a lot from the office as I applied coding to documentation, but feel that a hostile environment was not only allowed, but probably was encouraged with certain groups of employees being allowed to shut out or make statements about or to other employees; I was only one of many. Over the 7 1/2 years I was at this location, concerns that I brought to the attention of my manager, whether personal or about issues within the business, were not addressed and when I was told something would be addressed, that would be the last I would hear of the problem. Staff in different areas of the office were kept separate, some of us feeling the negative. effects more than others, yet it appears that when it was suggested to bring these areas closer, they were moved further away. Several people in the office express these feelings to the new CEO when he introduced himself to the office, but it appears to no avail.
Pros
Great benefits, encluding uniform allowance, frequent lunches provided by outside sources, e.g. "drug reps."
Cons
As mentioned above, negative environment
Productive and busy place to work
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 30, 2014
Busy schedule being a specialty office. I learned alot about drawing blood and running tests. I also learned to do various procedures.
The hardest part of the job is added on tests that were not scheduled.
The most enjoyable part is the patients.
Pros
Free lunch from drug reps
Cons
On my feet all day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tennessee Urology Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

Tennessee Urology Associates Reviews by Location