Tennova Healthcare Employee Reviews

Not recommended
Cardiac Monitor Technician/ Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJanuary 17, 2019
Uncomfortable working environment. Not very welcoming of new employees and change. The moral of everyone always seemed to be negative. The employees seemed to be there because they had to be, not because they loved it.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Environment
typical work day
CARDIAC PCU FLOOR NURSE (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJanuary 2, 2019
receive patient assignment, receive report, start reviewing labs, notes, patient assessments, pull medications, go through orders for upcoming procedures
Great workplace
PRN (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNDecember 28, 2018
I was hired at a garuntee 16 hrs per week but always worked ore then 30. Managers were great and very supportive of the job, and all the employees. enjoyed my coworkers
Terrible Place
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNDecember 25, 2018
Stressful to say the least. The equipment was in terrible working order. The roof leaked and was dropping pieces in parts of the building. Poor working conditions, in the summer it was hot. Management had no intention of fixing air conditioners. There was often flies buzzing around rooms and at the nurses station. Poor lighting in pt rooms. Staff with unsafe nursing practices.
With staffing ratios management expected falsification of documents in order for the job to get done. There wasn't any other way.
It's sad because it didn't use to be like that.
Poor management
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNDecember 21, 2018
The work was ok and most of the people are good but it’s a thankless job and management have favorites. Lots of work and not a lot of breaks. It’s a lot to learn.
Benefits
Cons
Not enough breaks, thankless and lots to learn
Unstable environment
Director of Diagnostic Imaging (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNDecember 13, 2018
As a CHS facility this organization is governed by a culture that decreases, sometimes stagnates, the ability of supervisors and managers to bring forth necessary changes to give the patient care staff members the necessary resources to effectively do their jobs.
Pros
Corporate web of resources
Cons
Corporate restrictions
tennova healthcare
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 7, 2018
the most horrible place I have ever worked. the hours are long and they pt/nurse ratio is dangerous. they don't care at all about the patients or the employees. they don't care that the patients aren't going to be cared for as long as they get their money. the products we had to use were cheap if we had what we needed at all. the last nursing officer we had stayed about 2-3 months before she got out. the doctors were unhappy and complained all the time.
Tennova to me dose not care about there valued employees
Patient Care,Scrub Tech Central Sterile Tech (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TN 37087November 19, 2018
I don't understand why this company dose't value there employees. The employees that are there on time,do there jobs and never call out seem to be the ones they care about the least.
Pros
The doc's you get to work beside
Cons
They don't seem to care
very busy work place
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  labor and delivery floorNovember 11, 2018
The day is always a surprise you can have a slow day or you can have a fast and busy day. The work family that we have here is the greatest thing about this place.
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 3, 2018
Typical day at work was- leading psycho-educational groups. Providing individual and family therapy. Providing discharge planning. Developing master treatment plans.
Pros
Management.
Productive place to work.
Staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 31, 2018
Productive place to work with good experience. Flexible hours with opportunities for transfer and overtime. Good mission and culture values. Opportunities to advance.
Pros
Opportunity for overtime and flexible scheduling.
Cons
High turnover.
Enjoyed my job
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 24, 2018
Love my job, just needs better job security. Constantly worrying about if you have a job is not fun. I have a great boss and great colleagues, just need to make sure I have a job tomorrow. Tennova is great!
Lots of unkept promises of a better tomorrow
CT/X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TnOctober 16, 2018
All the equipment was broken and took forever to get it fixed and worked on. When something went wrong you were always demeaned and told that you done it wrong. Everyalways came through the grape vine instead of having a departmental meeting
Nice coworkers
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 8, 2018
Registered patients and collected payments.
Hardest part was asking patients for money.
Most enjoyable was meeting new people.
Stressful, dramatic, no pay increases
Pbx Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNSeptember 24, 2018
Seven years there and you get maybe a penny raise or three to five cents. The pay is horrible, the drama is stressful and it will take its toll on you.
Good
Patient Access Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 19, 2018
Tennova is a good place to work.I have been there 16 years and I have enjoyed my job during that time. My manager is very good to work with and always there when i need help.
the worst
Registered Nurse ICU (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TN 37040September 10, 2018
There is nothing good i can say about this establishment sadly. I knew from the first month that this was not the place for me. Physicians do not collaborate. Management is new and inept.
Family team driven lab
Night shift medical lab tech (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNSeptember 9, 2018
Great place to work. Has a number of different personalities. Lot of experience. Analysers are updated and user friendly. Hospital has great mission statement to follow.
Pros
Schedule is flexible
Cons
Short staffed
Healthcare leader in Clarksville TN
Build Coordinator/Biller, Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 4, 2018
Cons: Little cohesion between hospital and clinics, low morale among employees, non-competitive salaries

Pros: company is moving in the right direction and making positive changes.
Great growing opportunity
DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (Current Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNAugust 29, 2018
With any large company, there are times where things seem top heavy and decisions are made from offices without any help from frontline staff. This company was one of them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tennova Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.