Teph Seal Auto Appearance Employee Reviews

Tephseal is cut throat
Store Manager I (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 11, 2019
Was fired while on my two week paid vacation with my family told me they wanted to go a different route after 2 years of paying me nothing for the amount of time I spent at the work place every two weeks
Good place just don’t make enough money and not enough work
Detailer (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCJanuary 2, 2019
Not enough work to make any money barley make 600 every two weeks manager and coworker are best friends so put me on back burner and the cars I do they put in there name
Pros
Cons
30 min lunch
Boring place to work , disorganized
Detailed Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 2, 2019
company is terrible the managers don’t wanna help and if you think about wanting to work here you would rather have more success holding up a sign.......
Pros
Get to be lazy
Cons
Work overload
The most boring job ever as car wash
Car Washer / Detailer (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 27, 2018
Working for tephseal is the most boring-est most dreadful job any man can do. you are constantly doing body movement in a fast pace and this job has the most physical demand ever and which made the job the lamest job ever was the atmosphere was so dull and boring.

all you do is wash cars and clean the car like it was never wet which will be hard and they expect you to do it very fast.

anyone who work here you will die of body pain.

i regret working as a car washer.
Pros
drive nice cars
Cons
very physically demanding and boring
A good temparary job
Peacework Detail (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXDecember 16, 2018
Its a good start but not livable. You are paid per car keep this in mind. Pay is good. But only good if your willing to work very fast to make a livable check.
Pros
Work environment, Management
Cons
Pay
alot of detail goes into it
Auto Detailer (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLDecember 11, 2018
this job is not for the soft heart. its demanding and hard but does do you good with kind employees and a good boss. if there is need for materials, SPEAK UP! they will help you with that.
Pros
good staff.
Cons
expect the dealership to be rude!
It had its good side and bad side
Car Detailer (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 8, 2018
Enjoyed what I did, Was commission based sometimes it was slow other days very busy, coworkers were nice, supervisor was nice, you have to be willing to work in any weather condition
Pros
Cars, enjoyed what I did, nice coworkers
Cons
Pay
Good part time job
Auto Detailer (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MANovember 25, 2018
I worked part time at 16 years old and learned alot about cleaning cars. Company did not tell me they ended the contract with dealership until two days before the company was gone.
Pros
Breaks, learning a lot about cleaning.
Cons
Some of the workers didnt clock out and left the closing person having to do it for them.
Good for someone who just wants to focus on work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 8, 2018
You make your own money in Tephseal. You get paid per vehicle so the more you work the better your check will look. Advancement is easy if your willing to work for it. Little to no social life outside of work as a manager. Managers work six days a week no exceptions.
Pros
Paid per vehicle
Cons
No social life as manager
over worked and under paid and under appreciated
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 1, 2018
will never devote that much time to them ever again. 12 hr days, 6 days a week. upper management not concerned about their employees very often more concerned about weekly revenue totals.
Pros
clean new dealer vehicles
Cons
long hours under paid
Good experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingsland, GAOctober 25, 2018
Great company in the southern areas, northern stores ran much different and not as organized. No sense of a properly cleaned car. Southern stores such as Florida ran very tight and clean.
Tough job out in the Florida heat
Automotive Detail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLOctober 8, 2018
A decent job but there is not much opportunity to advance with the company. The hours were long but you were payed by car not by hour so if there were no sales or no other cars that needed to be detailed then there was little to no work to do. Management was cool, that is what kept me at the job before I had to leave to seek something better.
Pros
free meals, work at your pace
Cons
very particular, hot outside, rains a lot in Florida
An OK job for the short term
Detail Technician (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 15, 2018
Started here because a friend recommended it to me.

The money was OK at first, but it is all piecework. If you do not perform 100% all the time, you won't get paid well. If business is slower than usual, you won't get paid well. The people I worked with were insensitive and rude, but that isn't representative of the entire company.
Pros
Free lunch on saturday
Cons
Dead end job, poor conditions
Disrespectful drunks who detail
Detail manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 11, 2018
Tephseal is a very micro managed company with very racist men from Florida and Texas. DO NOT APPLY.
Managment Would constantly show up drunk to work.
Enjoyed working there
Car Detailer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 11, 2018
I enjoyed working there. I learned a lot while there and developed some life long friendships.It was a learning experience for sure. I would recommend this job to new people.
Hard work and average compensation
STORE MANAGER/AREA MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 6, 2018
A typical day at work included meeting client demands which were typically very short notice and expectations tended to be very high. This position did teach me a lot about the automotive industry and the reconditioning of vehicles. Upper management was very knowledgeable at the most efficient ways to operate under company policies. However, upper management was located out of state leaving stores under the control of sub-par district managers. The roughest part of the job was the long hours/weeks and extra hard work necessary to earn a decent pay check. The most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie between myself and other automotive detailers
Great Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Winder, GASeptember 5, 2018
I started working for this company in 2012. Six years later I'm still here and loving every minute of it. As a leader I include my whole team in any activities that we do. Wether is coaching, training, or showing them a different process that they may not be used to. As a manager it can be stressful at times but the good outweighs the bad all day long. They offer great benefits medical, dental, 401k and they match 4% which is really good. In addition, at the end of the year the company shows their appreciation by giving everyone a gift card including all sales managers and general managers. When a company demonstrates that level of appreciation, it shows that they really care for each individual employee and our customer.
I give it 100% rating because there aren't many companies out there that could care less about their employees.
Pros
Flexible with schedule
Cons
N/a
Helpful Manager
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 31, 2018
This was a good place to work since i love being around new cars. It was a job for me while i was in school. I was with them for a year. My manager worked with my schedule.
Pros
Managers will by you lunch, make more than those who slack.
Disrespecrful, inconpetent and family and friend preference
Car Detailer (Former Employee) –  OrlandoAugust 7, 2018
The area manager is very unprofesional (joel) and the district manager worse(neil), if u just got here start until u find better but GET OUT wen u can because there will use you until they can replace you wit a friend or family member
Pros
Cons
Have to fight for distribution of keys
A good first job
Detailing Manager (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 8, 2018
I started in 2012 as a part timer during school. It was a good job that worked with my schedule during school. After I graduated, I was promoted to manager at the location I worked at. I then left two years later to return to school. The job could be stressful and dealing with the salespeople could be tough. But I was able to build good relationships with most of the people I worked with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teph Seal Auto Appearance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9