Teradata Corporation Employee Reviews

Great people and great teams - good product
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 19, 2018
Teradata was a fun place to work and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there - I was brought in to break a vertical and although it was difficult at first when we hit our stride we were incredibly successful. The teams that i worked with required close collaboration and we were winning and growing the business by building relationships.
Pros
Benefits, people, freedom to develop
Cons
consulting unit was restructured each of the last three years
Good people poor management
Global Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2018
Work/life balance is terrible. Compensation is well below industry. Management within the Controllers group is poor and will blatantly lie to employees. Career advancement during my tenure was non-existent across the entire company. Working on your vacation is an expectation. They provide a corporate phone which as an international company called at all hours of the day and an expectation of working 24 hours a day as well.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Poor management (liars)
Top tier player in data warehousing
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 6, 2018
There are two/three major campuses in California, San Diego, Los Angles, Northern California. Great people to work with. Inherited culture from NCR....
Great Company, Products, Services and People
Lead Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2018
If you get an offer from TD, take it and be satisfied that you are working for a fine Company that knows how to take care of its Employees. Be collaborative and always put the Customer 1st.
Good people
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 14, 2018
Low bases, but good commision plan if you have the right territory and a large install base. If not, very difficult to sell into accounts without a Teradata strategy.
Good
Senior Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 21, 2018
Got lot of opportunity to learn. Like the work cluture. Not a bad place to be . Got lot of opportunity to learn. Good Compensation. Over all good.
No Job security
Project Manager & Senior Lotus Notes Developer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 19, 2018
The corporate solution to fiscal issues is to layoff employees. There is never any attempt to fix the problem that caused the issue. The issues are usually poor upper management schoice in corporate direction.
Too many new people without Teradata knowledge
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 8, 2018
All management is new after CEO sacked in 2015. Teradata missed the Cloud train and is in catch up mode. However, no cash in the coffer so it could buy a smaller company to leap in the Cloud.
Clique culture
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 7, 2018
There is a collaborative culture at Teradata - to a point. Certain areas of the company are better to work in than others. Try to be in California, or you may struggle.
confused about product direction
Senior Architect (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 6, 2018
I was hired to return them to a solutions-driven approach. They decided to return to a product-driven approach. Management needs to understand that approaching sales from a "solution looking for a problem" will be unacceptable to most prospects.
Great Place
Lead Development Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 3, 2018
Enjoyed the environment and the flexibility. Entered the office at 7 am conducted outreach for client meetings. Usually engaged in a conference call for account planning for the top 100 companies. I typically worked out at lunch and concluded my day educating myself on data trends to leverage for new opportunities.
Pros
Flexibility, Pay, Freedom, Benefits. Stress free Environment
Cons
Job Security, Promotional Opportunities
Productive and challenging workplace.
SENIOR SOFTWARE QA ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 23, 2018
There were many opportunities with Teradata to learn and contribute to different teams. I enjoyed my job since I was focused on developing software tests for the new complex Teradata's features.
Management was average since they just managed down and not up and that way the higher managers will not get a clear idea of what really is taking place.
Productive and Collaborative
Senior Security Architect (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 17, 2018
In my professional career, working experience at Teradata is the BEST. No doubt about it. Very informal environment, but at the same time very collaborative as all the team members were always trying their best to make others successful and champion. This is truly amazing. At the same when do you have support from a very matured environment, life is truly balanced in all respect. Willing to back to the same org at point in time ...
Pros
Spport from a matured management team
Cons
Salary was little bit low
Good Company
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHJanuary 10, 2018
A typical day at work started at 9 am and ended at 5 pm and working overtime was common. I learned Teradata SQL, App Dynamics, improved business communication skills. Teradata has a great culture. The hardest part of the job is getting outrsourced by HCL in India. I loved the people and the technology here at Teradata.
Great place to work if you are self sufficient
Senior Advanced Analytics Consultant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 10, 2018
I really enjoyed my work at Teradata. Teradata gives you a lot of freedom. It is a great place if you want to get a lot of new experiences because they will throw you right in. You have to be able to be scrappy and learn things quickly. You have an opportunity to work with a lot of different clients and there is a lot of autonomy as far as how you manage your relationship and work with the client.

I only left because the work started to dry up and I was going into a year where I was not going to make my billable hours target. There is not a lot of upside with meeting the target unfortunately, but I am someone who really enjoys solving problems and learning and I couldn't sit on the bench for 12 months.
Pros
great opportunities to work with clients
Cons
company is struggling to find its way in a world of open source
Virtual consultant
Sr. PS Consultant - America (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 19, 2017
I have been at Teradata for almost 12 years. They have been fair and supportive. The difficult issue with the job is being dependent on sales people for livelihood when the emphasis of sales is not consulting.
Sales
Manager of Business Development (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 18, 2017
Teradata is a great place to work. There's a good work-life balance and the technology is top notch. Customers know who you and are what you do which helps immensely. Their the leader within their respective industry.
Pros
relaxed feeling
Cons
marketing lacks vision
They try to make things fun in Dayton with quarterly parties for the associates
Global Credit Card Administrator, Duties (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 3, 2017
I have enjoyed my time at Teradata for the most part, have had some issues with former Managers that were let go for confidential reasons. I enjoy the Teradata Cares options to help people in our area who are less fortunate. My work is good, helping associates with their credit card issues. Teradata is an ok place to work.
Lots of churn
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2017
Lots of churn. You will need to chart your course carefully. Great products. Lots of politics. You need to keep your head down. Less politics within teams.
Stressful
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAOctober 18, 2017
Review of certain parts of the company, a big click with other employees. Cut throat place o work, stressful job and High demand for other projects. Company has manager that should not be managers in place,