Teradata Employee Reviews

Manhattan was a fun office but coporate mgmt is poor and the compensation is low.
Senior Capital Markets Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2018
Back when I worked for Teradata, the Manhattan office was a fun place to work, although I did not spend a lot of time there. I had a great consulting assignment with Standard & Poor's. Teradata corporate management, at the time, was truly antique. The total compensation was also quite low, which led me to seek employment elsewhere.
Pros
Nice co-workers.
Cons
Low compensation; poor corporate management.
December 5, 2018

You might want to stop by and visit our offices to see how the new Teradata is doing. I suspect you will be pleasantly surprised.
Teradata has exceeded our performance goals each quarter this year. We re-launched our brand on October 8th, and - as part of that historic event - took over the digital displays in the Oculus PATH terminal in the World Trade Center to proclaim that #WeRiseAbove.
As for compensation, we continuously monitor industry compensation packages to insure our competitiveness and offer excellent packages that include incentives and opportunities to own Teradata stock.
We wish you well in your current and future endeavors.

Company overview on working there
Sr. Strategic Enterprise Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2018
Excellent company, older technology, poor leadwsehrip, and no marketing. The company was literally run by the management firm (BAIN and CAPITAL) oinvestment company that took it over.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor leadership
December 5, 2018

Teradata has been an independent, publicly-traded company since 2007, and our senior leadership have a steady hand on the helm.
Our technology is rated tops by Gartner and other analysts, and our recent release of Teradata Vantage - the only software of its kind, capable of managing all data, all of the time - is the epitome of Pervasive Data Intelligence. Customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter.
On October 8, we launched a multi-million dollar marketing campaign that included multi-page spreads in The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, the Financial Times, and Handelsblatt, as well as taking over all of the digital displays at the Oculus PATH terminal at the World Trade Center in Manhattan.
The Teradata of today is very different from the one you describe. Check us out and see if you agree. Best of luck in your current role.

Would not encourage to join
FTE (Current Employee) –  USAugust 7, 2018
Poor work culture
Very hierarchical
Very management heavy
Very process heavy
No scope for promotion or raise for existing employees unless you threaten to quit
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Compensation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 26, 2018
Great people to work with.
Team work is encouraged.
Great benefits
Management supports employees
Great company to work for
Voluntary time spend is paid for
Pros
Manage work/family life
Cons
Company is moving to a different state
Good Company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Johns CreekAugust 9, 2018
In general, a good company to work for. I was given opportunities to expand my knowledge and experience, and a chance to work with many smart, interesting people.
Pros
flexibility, compensation, people
Cons
Na
A workplace in transition
Senior DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 20, 2018
- Good work/life balance
- Open to training opportunities
- Management varies by team
- Culture is very relaxed
- The hardest part is finding inroads to the "old guard", who can resist change
- Most enjoyable part is the quarterly parties
January 10, 2019

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We're glad the work/life balance and training opportunities make you happy. All the changes we are going through are happening for the better - thank you for your patience during our exciting transformation.

Productive and fun workplace Very flexible work schedule Good compensation Management team created an enjoyable, yet challenging atmosphere Allowed wo
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHApril 9, 2018
Productive and fun workplace
Very flexible work schedule
Good compensation
Management team created an enjoyable, yet challenging atmosphere
Allowed workplace creativity
A place to gain more knowledge
UI Developer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 20, 2018
Everything! The people are all super nice and friendly, probably because we are all treated with respect. Really relaxed, family style atmosphere but doesn't stop your ability to work like some places. Great benefits and snacks/drinks provided. Management really take the time to talk to everyone and listen to opinions. Training budget is great and you are encouraged to use it.
Best job I ever had
ETL Developer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 19, 2018
Unfortunately, Teradata is closing the Dayton office and moving its headquarters to San Diego, leaving a lot of us looking for a job.

I rarely ever worked more than 40 hours a week, which is unfortunately unheard of, anymore. The work was paced well enough that the code produced was always thoroughly tested and just worked.
Pros
Remote work, plus great work/life balance
Cons
Closing office and relocating to San Diego
January 10, 2019

We're happy your time at Teradata was such a positive experience! Best of luck in your next adventure.

chaotic enterpise right now
Senior Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  VirtualJanuary 11, 2019
Teradata is in the midst of a complete paradigm shift in business focus and execution. They are moving from a culture that rewarded "pushing iron" to a flexible hosted environment. Their EDW software is no longer bound to the proprietary hardware, exclusively. They have morphed the product into Cloud, Hosted, and BYO Hardware versions.

Their new focus is on delivering advanced analytics solutions. This shift, along with a move of the corporate headquarters from Dayton, OH to San Diego, CA is wreaking havoc on the staff.
Run from here to keep your talent
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 29, 2018
- Nothing much to be said.
- No processes.
- No performance goals or reviews.
- Architects clueless.
- NO MERITOCRICY.

- Most people work 11 - 5pm and produce mediocre unplanned outcome.
- No snacks.
- VP makes work hard and then drops the product.
- VP left in the middle of his own project.
- Constant change in directions.

- Constant attrition.
Pros
Cons
You will forget all good engineering practices you had
December 5, 2018

We're sorry you have a poor opinion of working with us. But we can also say that your peers do not share that perspective.
Teradata employees rate our company higher than average on Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-Life Balance, Culture & Values, and Senior Management.
We instituted our new Power Your Potential goal-setting and evaluation process this year, and our business performance has exceeded expectations quarter after quarter this year.
Lastly, as someone who works in Santa Clara, I can assure you there are *tons* of free snacks. It's all I can do to keep from going into the lunch room... Seriously, I hope you take a fresh look at your team and all that has been accomplished with our exciting new Teradata Vantage release. We rise as one!

Great events team, sorry to leave
Events Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 31, 2018
The team works hard and the work can be stressful at times, but managers expect success and bring it out in their teams. Overall, an incredibly cohesive, well-run, positive events team experience. Hated to leave but was offered a much higher-paying position much closer to home.
Pros
Great events leadership that really knew their stuff, fun travel, long hours but worked remote
Cons
Contract positions lasted far too long before hiring opportunities arose
December 6, 2018

Thank you for your thoughtful review! Best of luck in your next adventure.

Wonderful Company to work for
Dedicated Account System Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 27, 2018
Teradata has afforded many carrier advancement opportunities. While the current company transformation has been difficult it has resulted in a solid company that I would recommend to anyone looking to seek employment that could lead into retirement.
Pros
Virtual Work Place
December 6, 2018

Thank you for your patience and continued dedication throughout our brand transformation. The outcomes have been great so far, and we look forward to an even brighter future.

Create place to work
Software/Tech solution Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 30, 2018
Teradata is a great place to start and grow. Interesting projects, very good management, and great Job Work/Life Balance.
Teradata provides trainings and provides everything to support employee grow.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, low salary for some departments
The Best Training Center for Database Ever
12 Certified Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesNovember 6, 2018
The Best Training Center for Database Ever. This is the first time i'm i'm working as a DBA when I first encounter Teradata. Teradata has an amazing work-life balance environment. People are nice.
December 6, 2018

The best thing about Teradata is our people, people like you. Thank you for your enthusiasm and passion!

Want to do engineering?
Sr. Software Engineer/Data Sciences (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 15, 2018
Teradata is science and engineering on a daily basis. Mathematics, computer science, and customer requirements drive everything and produce an engineering mindset that is hard to beat. Few days are like others and new and interesting problems continually surface. Even bug solving is a learning experience and helps push past areas of deficiency and comfort zones.
Pros
education, good problems, real computer science
Cons
slightly lower pay than industry average
January 10, 2019

We're happy to hear that you find your work challenging and rewarding. Although our compensation and benefits packages vary by region, they are competitive for our industry. Thank you for your review!

Political environment
Senior Marketing Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 22, 2018
Political culture. great products and i don't have anything more to say. not sure why this review require 150 characters but it does so i will keep typing
Pros
Good people
Cons
Ceo
Lost
Client Director (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 31, 2018
Teradata has lost their direction and focus. Poor management and defective products have been a large part of this downward spiral. There are a lot of very talented people who work for TD but their skills are often lost in the bureaucracy and internal politics.
Going through a painful change
Senior Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 6, 2019
Good people, good focus on customer but going through a transition which has led to multiple layoffs. This has created a great deal of uncertainty for the employee base.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Going through transition
Good place to work when data warehousing was lucrative
Anonymous Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 6, 2017
Learned that old school companies need to begin transforming earlier in the product life cycle.

This company is currently going through a transformation, and soon to have a new CEO, and is seriously late to the market with the cloud database solution.

The company needs to create a workplace that is sustainable, cooperative, collaborative, and transformational.
Pros
Great location and insurance benefits
Cons
Communication and siloed infrastructure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teradata. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight