Teradata

Teradata Employee Reviews

United States264 reviews

analyticscloudtechnologystrategymarketdatasoftwareproduct

Company with great benefits

It is sometimes difficult to find documentation or support for troubleshooting, but people are willing to help.It can take a while to understand the product.

Pros

Benefits, Savings fund, flexibility

Cons

Not fully remote in some countries and cities.

Good benefits

Most employees work virtually , so its good . However the work life balance completely depends on your project .I was in a project where the Management of work was not done properly resulting in poor decisions and last minute plan change which in turn would lead us to sit for very long hours.Apart from this I had a good time with Teradata

Pros

Summer friday, Birthday Off, Wellness Day

Cons

Poor management of Work. It completely depends on the project

Teradata insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Work at Home

TD really does rock. I'm a second career jump from the "great resignation". So far, pretty successful. I'm lucky and thankful to have all the support I've needed at Teradata.

Fun and new

You learn something new everyday, plus you get to work from home and pick your own hours . Getting paid 35$ a hour and pto once you work there long enough not for everybody check it out.

Avoid

There are simply too many better options in the industry than this one. Do yourself a favor and avoid this one. Heavily political environment with virtually no way to get promoted. key word: depressing.

Good benefits

Company has good benefits including matching 401k and generous time off policy. This includes unlimited PTO dependent on your manager's approval. Also includes health day offs from time to time.

Pros

Pto

Cons

Their technology is not user friendly.

Improving everyday

The work culture at Teradata has been consistently improving over the last few years. Management churn has beenHigh, but not unusual with a new CEO. Just too many new CEOs in the last several years. Very flexible environment and the company has been amazing during COVID. Great salary & benefits

Pros

Flex time, caring culture

Cons

Nonexistent career pathing

Tera-ble place to work! Run don't walk from this company.

The workplace culture is toxic at Teradata, with the leadership team and HR unsupportive when issues arise. Fellow workers are not helpful, and the environment is not a collaborative, innovative, team oriented environment. The organization is led by an ancient legacy PMO that needs to control operations at all costs. Leadership does not have a strong vision and expects too much without giving anything in return.

Pros

Cons

Toxic work environment, Long hours, Stressful work

Tech and possibilities; difficult internal hudles to overcome

Very flexible work environment, but high stress. Very large amount of business process which interferes with the ability for engineering to make the progress it needs. Core technologies are a decade behind where they should be, but some promising new ideas on the horizon. Not sure the company can overcome the wake of destruction of the last 5 years. Large cohort of offshore teams leads to 7am or 7pm meetings (and sometimes the same day). Some legitimately bright people are limited in their ability to contribute modern thinking due to overwhelming inertia of past mistakes from the executive teams that have come and gone. Core product truly is unique and in a class of its own.

Pros

modern equipment, unlimited time off, flexible work schedules

Cons

high stress, lots of overhead, lots of meetings.

Good for a while.

As far as jobs go I was very excited to work for Teradata. I learned a lot of different things and how to do them properly. The people are some of the best I've worked with across the world, as it is a global company and issues happen in different time zones all the time. Recent changes in direction have made a serious impact on the direction of the company and it has been hard to understand some decisions the ELT made from an employee perspective, however from a business prospective the overal decisions are sound.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Management tends to forget the little guys when making decisions.

I’m not sure how it gets selected as one of the most ethical companies. Manager support is lacking

It was a pretty good place to work until they got rid of managers whose methods of managing were too close to the individual. They want you to be further removed and expected to work 800 billable hours and manage a group of 40-50 delivery consultants at same time. The new management style left it up to people without good people skills. Just bodies you reported to but who had to maintain large billing hours themselves. Billing and making high percentage margins ruled. You need to talk to the minority employees as they may not be as supportive as they lead people to believe.

Pros

Unlimited PTO as long as your manager approves

Cons

Management support is lacking for the individuals.

Started out good and stable

The Company had made allot of bad business decisions and is now showing true colors when it comes to how they care for their employees. We are all just a number as we are all being laid off due to IBM taking over all of the Engineer jobs.

Pros

Good experience

Cons

Being Laid Off and treated as just a number

Horrible work culture

Teradata was a great place to work at until a few years ago. There were so many management changes since. A lot of the coworkers who were knowledgeable were laid off and the remaining folks are left to cover for them.

Nice company to work.

It is a great company to work. Everyday I learn something new. Manager is really supportive. There are ample opportunities to learn via many technical courses and seniors are also helpful.

Teradata delivers amazing business value to its customers

Teradata's customers are doing amazing things with the technology provided by Teradata. As an employee, it's very easy to develop a sense of pride in the company and to give "extra effort" along the way. Teradata operates in a very competitive niche market space and often sees priorities shift based on market threats.

Pros

Clear communication of priorities from senior management, solid IT technology support, flexible working conditions

Cons

Most open positions are filled by external hires, Shifting priorities

Used to be a great company to work for

I worked for Teradata for over 10 years, and until 2.5 years ago, the company was the best to work for. Promotions were ours to be had, colleagues supported each other, we worked hard and played hard and it was where you assumed you'd retire. Then our existing CEO was fired, and an interim CEO came in and began an annual 'lay off cycle', it created a low morale and stressed work environment. No matter how hard you work, a lay off was looming. The product we were told to market is good, not great. The politics within Marketing, though they are hard working, is toxic and isn't the helpful team it once was. If you are looking to 'start' your career, then Teradata is fine, but if you're looking to 'continue or grow' your career long-term, you may want to consider another Information Technology corporation.

Pros

Talented hard working employees

Cons

High stress levels, too many lay offs, a lot of internal politics, and lack of promotion across company

Productive and Fun Place to work

I like to work here. It has good cafeteria and some rec area to cool down. Like the new building with all posh furniture. It also has a basketball court you can play with your co-workers.

No wlb. on call 24/7

Managers never want the truth if there are issues. If you cannot fix your problems, you are part of it. Managers will lie to customers that "they're working on it" when in fact, development is not.

Pros

Favoritism if you are on the right side of it

Cons

No wlb, always on call

Decent Pay, Unstable Job Security

Worked here as a field engineer for over five years. While the job started out very busy, keeping me active, this quickly dwindled down to nothing. Customers began abandoning the company, and the company itself began moving systems out of the state, taking me from supporting about 28 systems, comprised of about 13 different customers, at the start of when I was hired, down to 5 systems, across 3 different customers, when I was finally laid off. Part of the reason for losing customers was that I serviced on-premise systems, and the company moved to a stance of pushing more cloud-based systems, which leaves us in the field without purpose. While I addressed my concerns with two different managers over the years, regarding the fear of being put out of a job, as I'd been through this before, I was always assured my job was safe, because we needed to meet SLAs for the customer we still had left in the state, and I was the only employee in the state; however, at the end of my tenure, my position was eliminated anyway. The company went through several reorganizations and restructures, with CEO and management/upper management turnover, as well as layoffs in the field, and toward the end, we were assured they were not looking at further layoffs to field engineers. However, in the end, I received a WebEx meeting invite from upper management for later that day, in which I was told my position was eliminated, and that I would not work past that day. The company did pay 10 weeks of severance pay, which took a month, and several emails/calls to HR, to receive, but I feel like they -

Pros

Remote work, Take-as-you-need-it PTO, Decent benefits, Paid Holidays, On-call pay, Paid mileage, Company-matched 401K, Annual bonuses

Cons

Very unstable job security, High managerment/upper management turnover, Unstructured training in the field

Most management not really concerned about growth of company.

Only politics exist in Teradata.HR and Manager conspire and kicking people outside the company.If you can do politics and do whatever manager wants then you have chance to survive.Every year manager forced almost 5-6 people to give resignation.Racism is also you can see in Teradata.Only manager is enough to kick people outside the company, Upper management is deaf and dumb, no one will help you if manager forced you to give resignation ,not even Director, VP etc.Teradata will not accept if someone has raised his voice against something wrong.

Pros

Conveyance

Cons

Management people are politician, who are still there since long time as they don't find any opportunities outside market.

Productive and fun workplace

Gives you numerous opportunity to learn new technologies. They invest on people by providing them trainings before they can utilize. They have a good compensation benefits.

Pros

free trainings

Official response from Teradata

October 5, 2020
We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! Thank you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teradata. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Teradata with

• Teradata
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?