Teradyne Employee Reviews

I would't recomand this corporation to nobady
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILDecember 30, 2018
Teradyne corporation don't care about employees ,,they only want to make profit and they will work you off, very stressful place
If you say anything you will get fired because they look at you as a number with legs and they fire you over the phone if you working for CDI temporary agency
Teradyne are rolling people all the time so expect to get fired or lay off any time
Work with the best in the business
PCB Design Manager (Former Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CANovember 13, 2018
Teradyne has the best overall environment of any company I have worked for. If you like working with the smartest people in the room, you will love Teradyne.
Pros
Smart people
Cons
Tight scheduling
busy yet non stressful environment
Executive Assistant, Semiconductor Test Division (Former Employee) –  North Reading, MAOctober 16, 2018
great company to work for, people are nice, very busy but not a stressful environment most folks are friendly and easy to work with. the technology could use some updating
Pros
excellent benefits and environment
Cons
non flexible, not enough work/life balance
Nice Place to Work
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  North Reading, MAOctober 10, 2018
I liked Teradyne and thought it was a cool place to work. They have a very large budget and there are lots of expensive hardware around to use. Software, for drivers/embedded, are typically updates to existing code. While this makes for fast development, coming into a very large 20 year old code base is daunting.

Coding is across all levels, from drivers/embedded on Linux or variants to Windows C++, C# code for testing and customer activity simulation.
Pros
Free cofffee, interesting hardware, relaxed development style
Cons
Not a lot of team-work.
Talented and hardworking team
Field Applications Manager (Former Employee) –  North Reading, MASeptember 21, 2018
Worked with a great group of smart and hard working folks. The job is fast paced and you will be asked to work long hours at times, but will have (some) down time to decompress. Achievement is expected and you'll need to work hard to stand-out from all the other high performers. Great collaboration amount teams, but management can be a bit 'siloed'.
Very friendly people and safe work environment
Metrology/Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAJuly 28, 2018
I liked the work environment very much. It may have been a slight fast pace at times but this was to be expected. I really enjoyed working for them and wished I could have returned. Unfortunately my position was closed.
Pros
Nice location to travel to. Nice people and working area
Cons
System Performance Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Reading, MAJuly 15, 2018
Very knowledgeable workforce dedicated to timely resolution of problems and product advancement. Good working conditions in a clean and healthy environment.
Pros
on-site gym. flrxible hours
Great Company
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNJune 13, 2018
I worked here for many years with many great people and learned a lot. It was a long time ago but I learned a great many skills that helped me later in my career.
Teradyne
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILJune 12, 2018
Great company to work for. Opportunities to learn and grow. Great work life balance. Casual environment. Continued growth learning new technologies. Great benefits.
Productive and fun workplace
Co-Op, Product Assembler (Former Employee) –  North Reading, MAMay 29, 2018
It was a faced paced work environment with a lot of moving parts. It was fun to work there and I would recommend it. Everyone just wants to be nice while getting the work done.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Teradyne can be good or bad
Technical Content Developer (Former Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CAMay 22, 2018
Teradyne can be good or bad depending on which part of the company you work in. Most of it is good with good managers.

Again, most of Teradyne is good.
Great place to grow professionally
NPI Test Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  North Reading, MAMay 20, 2018
I really enjoyed working in the HDD Test group at Teradyne, because the work work was interesting, there was camaraderie in the workplace, and I was given significant responsibility to grow professionally. I did not find the Semi Test group to be as great of a fit as the pace is much slower and the team wasn't as cohesive. It felt management and process heavy.

Overall, I would recommend Teradyne as a good place to grow professionally. The pay isn't as competitive, but you will get your hands dirty and do some fun travel too.
Pros
Career Development, Interesting Work
Cons
Pay is not competitive; culture is not uniform across departments
They love acquiring companies and assume that all companies are like them.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILApril 16, 2018
Teradyne loves acquiring companies and assume that all companies are like Teradyne,

Teradyne acquired Eagle Test in 2009 and pretty much drove it into the ground by not understanding what it did.
Pros
the roof does not leak
Cons
everything
Very collaborative
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  North Reading, MAMarch 4, 2018
Job advancement is slow, but the people are great. Very collaborative environment - friendly personalities only! The only drawback is that big changes to the status quo take a while to achieve because it's necessary to achieve buy-in from many stakeholders.
Very well run company
Global Tax Director (Former Employee) –  North Reading, MAFebruary 26, 2018
Teradyne is well run and extremely disciplined in its business execution.

Global leader in its space.

Executive management can be very demanding.

I left the company as I could no longer perform in such a micro managed situation.
Very good company to work
Hand assembly of components on PCB (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA 95138February 4, 2018
Very good company to work
Rework, Test Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA 95138February 4, 2018
I worked over 20 years Teradyne with both divisions, I'm vey enjoy my jobs, my management teams, my team members, my benefit, company location and my manager always help if we're need help.
Nice place to work
Semiconductor Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 12, 2018
Teradyne offered me my very first job.

Overall it was a very good experience so I stayed with it for 8 years. Decent pay and benefit, nice working environment, I would recommend to work there if you have the opportunity.
SW Engineer (Former Employee) –  North Reading, MAJanuary 10, 2018
Best company I have ever been at. Collaborative, cutting edge technologies. Great people, very good process, competitive but not cut throat, good outings, great employee bonus program.
Pros
Great food, employee bonus program
lacking
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA 02108October 26, 2017
It was far in the past and not worth talking abt. The text equipment business has a sine was effect meaning that problems cause massive disruptions in and the market place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teradyne. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight