Teradyne Employee Reviews

busy yet non stressful environment
Executive Assistant, Semiconductor Test Division (Former Employee) –  North Reading, MAOctober 16, 2018
great company to work for, people are nice, very busy but not a stressful environment most folks are friendly and easy to work with. the technology could use some updating
Pros
excellent benefits and environment
Cons
non flexible, not enough work/life balance
Talented and hardworking team
Field Applications Manager (Former Employee) –  North Reading, MASeptember 21, 2018
Worked with a great group of smart and hard working folks. The job is fast paced and you will be asked to work long hours at times, but will have (some) down time to decompress. Achievement is expected and you'll need to work hard to stand-out from all the other high performers. Great collaboration amount teams, but management can be a bit 'siloed'.
Very friendly people and safe work environment
Metrology/Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAJuly 28, 2018
I liked the work environment very much. It may have been a slight fast pace at times but this was to be expected. I really enjoyed working for them and wished I could have returned. Unfortunately my position was closed.
Pros
Nice location to travel to. Nice people and working area
Great Company
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNJune 13, 2018
I worked here for many years with many great people and learned a lot. It was a long time ago but I learned a great many skills that helped me later in my career.
Teradyne
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILJune 12, 2018
Great company to work for. Opportunities to learn and grow. Great work life balance. Casual environment. Continued growth learning new technologies. Great benefits.
Productive and fun workplace
Co-Op, Product Assembler (Former Employee) –  North Reading, MAMay 29, 2018
It was a faced paced work environment with a lot of moving parts. It was fun to work there and I would recommend it. Everyone just wants to be nice while getting the work done.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Teradyne can be good or bad
Technical Content Developer (Former Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CAMay 22, 2018
Teradyne can be good or bad depending on which part of the company you work in. Most of it is good with good managers.

Again, most of Teradyne is good.
Great place to grow professionally
NPI Test Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  North Reading, MAMay 20, 2018
I really enjoyed working in the HDD Test group at Teradyne, because the work work was interesting, there was camaraderie in the workplace, and I was given significant responsibility to grow professionally. I did not find the Semi Test group to be as great of a fit as the pace is much slower and the team wasn't as cohesive. It felt management and process heavy.

Overall, I would recommend Teradyne as a good place to grow professionally. The pay isn't as competitive, but you will get your hands dirty and do some fun travel too.
Pros
Career Development, Interesting Work
Cons
Pay is not competitive; culture is not uniform across departments
They love acquiring companies and assume that all companies are like them.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILApril 16, 2018
Teradyne loves acquiring companies and assume that all companies are like Teradyne,

Teradyne acquired Eagle Test in 2009 and pretty much drove it into the ground by not understanding what it did.
Pros
the roof does not leak
Cons
everything
Very collaborative
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  North Reading, MAMarch 4, 2018
Job advancement is slow, but the people are great. Very collaborative environment - friendly personalities only! The only drawback is that big changes to the status quo take a while to achieve because it's necessary to achieve buy-in from many stakeholders.
Very well run company
Global Tax Director (Former Employee) –  North Reading, MAFebruary 26, 2018
Teradyne is well run and extremely disciplined in its business execution.

Global leader in its space.

Executive management can be very demanding.

I left the company as I could no longer perform in such a micro managed situation.
Nice place to work
Semiconductor Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 12, 2018
Teradyne offered me my very first job.

Overall it was a very good experience so I stayed with it for 8 years. Decent pay and benefit, nice working environment, I would recommend to work there if you have the opportunity.
SW Engineer (Former Employee) –  North Reading, MAJanuary 10, 2018
Best company I have ever been at. Collaborative, cutting edge technologies. Great people, very good process, competitive but not cut throat, good outings, great employee bonus program.
Pros
Great food, employee bonus program
lacking
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA 02108October 26, 2017
It was far in the past and not worth talking abt. The text equipment business has a sine was effect meaning that problems cause massive disruptions in and the market place.
Respectful Management
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  North Reading, MASeptember 21, 2017
Teradyne has a stand-up management that respects their employees and it shows. Good products that are very interesting to work on, and a pleasant environment.
Productive work environment; rewards hard work
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Reading, MAAugust 31, 2017
It was a great place to work. There are rewards for hard work, however, you must initiate that. It's assumed you don't know what you are doing until you "take the bull by the horns." Walk in with the "plan your day ahead" mindset. Anyone technologically savvy will like working for this engineering company.
Pros
Free lunch, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
temporary
Motivational, encouraging
Digital Verification Engineer, Intern (Current Employee) –  North Reading, MAAugust 23, 2017
Trust on your work capability, challenging task assignments, easily accessible, helping to resolve problems, understanding of personal work importance.
Productive working environment
Senior Software/Hardware Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 22, 2017
Great and intelligent coworkers to work with; benifit package was good; challenging working experience; motivated working environment; HR people were friendly.
beneficial work place to work for
Cell Leader (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 18, 2017
Teradyne was a very good place to work for, because they had good benefit and that was my first work experience as an assembler and them after one year working with them, i got promote to be a cell lead when that happen I was very happy to see how the management of that company care about their operators helping them ground with the company. the opportunity they give me was speechless because they believe on my knowledge and experience, I definitely appreciate everything they did for me. the most enjoyable part of the job was be able to work with good individuals and help them with their performances.
Pros
Good bonus
Cons
working nights
Nice place to work.
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CAAugust 15, 2017
Good company. Long careers with advancement opportunities available here. Very good benefits. Well managed with clear vision and plan for future products.
Pros
Cafeteria with the best turkey burgers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teradyne. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight