Teresian House Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
not for new lpns
LPN (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 15, 2018
only apply if u like to work extremely short. Do not apply if you are new to the job, They have no patience and understanding. Their motto is wing it and figure it out on your own. on the plus side, they will always hire you because they are desperate and people keep quitting.
Pros
free food, good pay
Cons
understaffed, poor management
Very nice and caring facility
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 27, 2017
This facility is very nice . The residents are very well taken care of and actually treated as human beings. The rooms are very nice and spacious. They actually make you feel like your at home. That's very important for the residents
Providing care for the elderly
Private Caregiver (Part time) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 19, 2017
It was heart-warming experience to work with elderlies. I learned how to bathe an elderly. Bathing the elderly was one of he hardest part of he job. I enjoyed talking to them so they wont feel lonely.
its an ok place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 28, 2017
over the past few years teresian house has declined, their is nobody to go to when you have an issue. all the managers are friends. the work place culture has lost its value. the hardest part of the job is wokring with the floor managers and supervisors. everybody is a supervisor its alot of unhappy employees that wants to leave but cant becasue they are scare to be job less or find worse. ive been here for years and this has been the owrst ive seen .the enjoyable part of the job is making the residents and famlies happy and feel at ease .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
managers
Great Job if you want to pass meds, serve food & clean dishes at the same time
LPN (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 2, 2017
Worked as a LPN part-time, hours were great but they were always short staffed. Had 25 residents to pass meds and do treatments for with two CNA's. Meds were passed in the kitchen where you were also expected to cook, serve and clean up the kitchen if there was no kitchen staff available. This happened to me fresh off orientation and when I asked the supervisor for kitchen help she told me to "wing it". We were all overwhelmed and I felt it was not only a dangerous situation for the residents, it was dangerous for staff and I only saw the supervisor once during my 7-3 shift.
Pros
Good work hours, free lunch up to $3 a day
Cons
Short staffed, poor management
The worse place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 21, 2017
I worked in the kitchen for a short period of time. If you don't fit in with the clicks, move on, you won't make it. The worse mgt I have ever seen. Do as I say, not as I do. Stay away from this place!!!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
place sucks
productive, fun work place
Activities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 9, 2016
- 2 activities a day
-how to manage my time, work with others, and coordinate events
- good experience with managers
-creative, functioning group of activities coordinators
- hardest part of the job was dealing with death or residents(Nursing home)
-meeting new people was the most enjoyable part of my job as well as trips and fun activities
Awesome place to work
Certified Nursing Assitant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 13, 2016
Beautiful nursing home and great staff. This nursing home was very flexible to my military career. I worked 3-11 and I assisted with care for dinner and bed time.
Pros
good pay
Cons
inconvient hours
fun place to work
Resident Assistant-Light Duty Technician (Current Employee) –  Albany NYApril 16, 2015
Fun place to work. Very unoraginzed i love the elderly working in the kitchen and cleaning. Needs to clear out the drama on 2ed floor
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks, unoragnized
Love Making a different
Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 10, 2014
Always willing to do what was needed to give the care that the patient should have. so days may have been harder than other but I did not let that stop me from giving them the care that was required of me. I always look at the outcome as if that was one of my family member. the same care that I will do for them is the same that I did in the same matter for them.
Pros
knowing how to overcome any difficult problem
Cons
Did not stop give good care no matter when the day was bad or not
productive and nice nursing home to work in
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 4, 2014
productive and nice workplace doing patient care.The more workers our day would go much smoothier. I learn how to hoyer patient in and out of bed.The co-workers sometimes was nice. The hardest part was losing a patient.The enjoyable part was listening to patients stories.
A interesting work envirorment that was a learning experience.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 22, 2013
A typical day consisted of taking care of residents and there needs.
As in helping them get dress ,to feeding and pm care that consisted of there night time needs.
Pros
love working with the residents and helping them with there needs, giving back
Cons
work atmosphere was not one of team work on all floors.
Excellent Facility
CNA (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 14, 2013
I took care of 7-9 residents on a skilled nursing level. Taking and charting resident's vital signs, wound care, assisting with ambulation and ADL's.
Pros
I love working for those in need
Cons
Heavy work load
It gave me alot of new and exciting experiences.
Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 13, 2013
I had a wonderful time doing my clinical work at the Teresian House. They were very welcoming and i enjoyed my time there.
Enjoyable work enviornment with a high quality of care
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 8, 2013
This is a great place to work. The staff are friendly and professional at this facility. The environment is home like, cozy, clean and safe for patients and visitors. There are plenty of things to maintain such a big establishment and employees work together to maintain the integrity of this facility. Staff work persistently to make the living experience for patient and family enjoyable and pleasant. Working for this facility taught me a lot in how to manage my time and improved my bedside manner a great deal.
Pros
low cost lunches, parking, benefits and professionalism
Very Lovely Place To Work With Great People and Families
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 23, 2012
A typical work day ran smoothly, I have learned so much from the different people you meet while on the job. Management did the best they could with the number of staff they have. All my co-worker were great people. The hardest part of the job was residents passing away. Being able to help people!
Pros
free lunch, 2 15minute breaks and 30 minute breaks.
Cons
no benifits for per deim staff