Terex Employee Reviews

Very unorganized, poor leadership, high expectations with extreme work loads, quantity over quality
Manufacturing Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 18, 2018
If i was asked this 2 years ago, my opinion may have been different but the company has had 5 Plant controllers/Managers in 4 years and management is a disaster. Very little support on projects that need completed to increase both safety and quality. Communication was terrible, we pretty much identified issues, tackled them then got grilled for not completing something you didn't know management wanted done.

I cant count the times I was assigned a high priority project, get 90% complete and then have to scrap it because "something changed something more important arose". Very unproductive.
Pros
Nice faciity
Cons
Long hours, poor communication, never a feeling of accomplishment due to projects being pulled
Majority of the team members were great people to work with.
Assembler/Waterstrider (Former Employee) –  Watertown, SDJanuary 16, 2019
Would begin the day by hearing the information that we needed and then do stretching exercises that were a total waste of time. Everyone would go to their work stations and begin working. The company made the work situation so bad by imposing more and more regulations to the workers on the shop floor. Management changed the work hours after a petition was signed by 98% of the shop workers wanted it left the way it was. Everyone there worked for the same company but it depended on which side of the wall you were on if the rules applied to you or not. The office side or the floor side. The floor side could not have radios, had to take breaks at a given time and only had a limited time for them, could not go out and start their vehicles early to warm them up in the winter but the office people could do what ever they wanted too include a lot more.
there are much better places to work for i am sure of that.
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 2, 2019
This job is everything not what it was said to be when hired,no advancement completely good enviroment but workers as well as myself need more pay for the jobs and tasks that are asked of us,not to complain but the struggle is real at this place,constantly hiring people because of high over turn of people is what happens here.
Pros
It is a inside job the people are great to work with, you can count on your check being there when its supposed to be.
Cons
pay sucks, adancement isnt there, hours at times are rediculous, very high demands for less pay.
Diverse Manufacturer of Industrial Equipment
Finance Director (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 23, 2018
Terex is a diversified manufacturer of many different products and world class brand names. There are great opportunities for advancement and relocation between the various business segments and geographic locations. Terex has an extremely active and interesting acquisition history. Unfortunately this can lead to difficulties in integrating all the different systems, people,functions and company cultures.
Pros
opportunities for advancement
Cons
lack of strong processes and systems
Busy work place and alot of unplanned overtime required.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSFebruary 23, 2018
I was blessed being awarded a job at Terex, as it was perfect for my short term plans. However, I never felt I had job security since Terex was shutting down segments every year. The segment I worked was lacking organization, training, and management did not hold certain employees accountable for their actions. I would not recommend Terex as a place to seek employment.
Pros
Limited supervision, descent salary, holiday pay
Cons
unpredictable job security, lack organization, little or no training, overtime required without notice, low moral, performances aren't fair
Low paying, managers like skills
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 22, 2018
I'm sure like most companies Terex had their favorites and would promote them or give raises but not everyone got raises when when their time came. As far as advancements if you was in there Clique no matter if you had experience for that area or not you would be hired even though having almost 2 years experience in that area and you weren't in there Clique you didn't get the job. Supervisor hired over one area had no experience and therefore did not know what was going on. I wouldn't recommend Terex to anybody but some people can make it out there
Pros
Insurance was good
Cons
Supervisors lack skills in the area they was hired for.
Great place to develop and advance your career
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Waverly, IAMarch 15, 2018
I love working at Terex Global Business Services in Waverly, IA. There's a great balance of recurring work and new challenges to help me learn and grow. This company is always looking to improve both the accounting and the workplace culture. Recent changes to Paid Time Off and Leave policies have given me more flexibility and allow me to be more in control of my schedule. Managers are approachable and want to hear my opinions. Terex GBS also provides a broader range of accounting experiences. You're not locked in to one area of accounting and have the opportunity to find your niche within accounting and pursue growth in that area. Best place I've worked since graduating college.
Pros
Work-life balance, great people
Horrible place to work
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 19, 2018
The training is terrible. They expect you to perform like a star with little to no training. There are double standards on everything. If you are not already friends with management or are not good at kissing up, then don't waste your time. They speak of integrity and team work but have no actual clue what that means. Management will roll you under the bus in a heartbeat to save their own skin.
Challenging projects
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  County TyroneAugust 28, 2018
Challenging projects with plenty of scope to move around within the business. Hardest part about the job is sometimes a lack of visibility/communication between departments, difficult at times to know what is happening on a daily basis. Management and people skills is very good, although sometimes felt like they were being stretched a bit thin. Alot of meetings and work for different projects internally and externall going on at the one time.
Management kills any good vibes immediately. They are convinced they are smarter than everyone and laugh at any kind of common sense.
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Okc,okOctober 14, 2018
Everyone on my crew was beat down and disappointed because of management. The saddest part is that it could be a great job but the uppers wont let it be. They talk too much and do nothing.
Pros
A job
Cons
Dont expect to get anywhere or be happy longterm.
Great place to work and great employees to work with.
Logistics Team Member (Current Employee) –  North Bend, WAOctober 29, 2018
It is a great place to work at. I's just the pay and the distance that I have to drive is not worth it for me that's why I am looking for something different but other then that I really enjoy working there.
Pros
the hours/shift was nice and the employees
Cons
lack of pay and advancement in the company
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILJanuary 4, 2019
Great hours, location, management and beautiful facility which was very clean and updated. The people I worked with were fun and enthusiastic. Great team work!
I loved working where I worked but I didn't like the company I worked for
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 11, 2018
My work there was I in the morning went to meeting with management of Mercedes to see what needed to be done that day and what happened the night before then I would go fix what carriers was in my lockout to get them back in production then if I could I would start doing pms on different carriers to make sure everything was in good shape or sometimes I would have to go repair parts of the bus line before they broken completely and shut assembly line down then I would do what repairs they wanted me to do that day
Pros
Tempature controlled plant, all of Mercedes like me, and they would help me if I needed help
Cons
My company didn't give me quotes on things that I asked for
Its a good place to work if you dont qant a social life and just want money
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 3, 2018
It's not a bad place to work. There are multiple areas where you can succeed and grow. It's mostly just long hours and early mornings. They started doing a good job of giving notice when overtime was required.
wonderful place to work great pay great benefits
welder (Former Employee) –  Huron, SDDecember 12, 2018
Terex Utilities is a wonderful place to work. they will take an average joe off the street and train them and turn them into an aws certified welder ive never worked for a better place
Pros
great pay great benefits
Cons
cold in the winter
Good Place to work
Customer Support Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAAugust 22, 2018
Good place to work, just no room for advancement. Unless you want to move to out of the State. Small location for a very large company with no way to move up.
Pros
Day shift only
Cons
no advancement
Good Company to work for
Director of Talent Management (Former Employee) –  RemoteDecember 1, 2018
Enjoyed my time at Terex. I worked there for 7 years and learned a lot and was able to advance in my career. I left the company to continue to grow in my career.
People with remedial skills
Transfer Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westport, CTNovember 6, 2018
If you are looking to grow with your colleagues, they are stuck in a different generation. Not only are you killing your brains day after day at this job but you are also having to go through what I call a power struggle for a basic hierarchical jump. Its better not to work than work for this company. Did not meet a single person who intellectually challenged me.
Pros
Nice place right by Bridgewater's headquarters
Cons
19th century people that are still struggling with basic excel skills
Extremely hot
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 30, 2018
Poor management, over work employees, lied bout work shifts, show extreme favoritism, supervisor are bullies, no personal time for doctors appointments, if a doctors appointment was necessary you get wrote up etc
Pros
Cafeteria on property
Cons
supervisors are bullies
decent
Industrial Painter (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 28, 2018
good co workers but management is lacking. nice pay. nice facility. long hours. not a lot of time for family. i like it and the benifits were great. nice
Pros
pay
Cons
hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Terex. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight