Terex Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Extremely hot
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 30, 2018
Poor management, over work employees, lied bout work shifts, show extreme favoritism, supervisor are bullies, no personal time for doctors appointments, if a doctors appointment was necessary you get wrote up etc
Pros
Cafeteria on property
Cons
supervisors are bullies
This business is to up and down
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 24, 2018
The management does not know what they are really doing they do not listen to the employees about new ideas if you give them ideas the engineers will take your ideas and get credit for it.
Pros
Health insurance is good
Cons
They have people in management positions that do not know what they are doing
Manager Purchasing
North America Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  North Bend, WAJuly 19, 2018
Managed up to 18 team members, purchasing software, reports, vendors, inventory levels, cost savings, hiring, firing, worked with warehouses around the world
Loved learning welding!
Fitter/Welder (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 18, 2018
Loved learning to build things from Master Welders and then welding them out within the required tolerances required by blueprint. When I first started working for them I worked down on the rollers by welding the teeth on them that tear up the highways before they re-construct them so I have some stick welding experience with eventually going over to aluminum welding.
Pros
Had a full service cafe with breakfast in the morning when I got off.
Cons
Terex simplicity building feeder deck
Welder (Current Employee) –  Durand, MIJuly 3, 2018
Building feeder decks for Terex Simplicity welding them and also taking them together subparts on clean metal working with a fixture table and a lot of fixtures on top Tech in together and Welding out Simplicity decks
Pros
Free lunch more work hours overtime uniform free helmet too well with Supply included
Cons
Do not pay enough for the job make you wait a long time to get up to $22 an hour
Productive Place to work
Production Control Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 2, 2018
There is plenty of work for everyone to do and lots of opportunity to volunteer for upcoming projects. There is always cross-training to cover shortages outside of the department where an employee works. All of the managers strive to make sure the environment a safe place to work so if you are doing something you know you shouldn't in the area just don't do it. We have a diverse workforce so religion, race, color doesn't matter. We are all here to make a great quality product and we all as a whole make a difference in this product. At least half the concrete mixers in the United States are produced right here at our facility in Fort Wayne, IN.
Pros
Monthly celebrations of birthdays and periodic celebrations of landmarks reached by the team
Cons
Short breaks and working in the heat
Work was ok, but management sucked.
Experimental Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IAJune 27, 2018
Most people that worked there assembled cranes. Other departments painted and welded. The testing department and ran tests on new equipment. Management was horrible. They tried to over manage everything.
good job, great benefits
Product Support Coodinator (Former Employee) –  Watertown, SDJune 18, 2018
Plenty of detailed work to keep busy.
Multiple opportunity for errors, little opportunity to affect change. Occasionally hostile work environment.
Pros
Rewarding work, great benefits
Cons
a degree does not make a good manager
I loved working where I worked but I didn't like the company I worked for
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 11, 2018
My work there was I in the morning went to meeting with management of Mercedes to see what needed to be done that day and what happened the night before then I would go fix what carriers was in my lockout to get them back in production then if I could I would start doing pms on different carriers to make sure everything was in good shape or sometimes I would have to go repair parts of the bus line before they broken completely and shut assembly line down then I would do what repairs they wanted me to do that day
Pros
Tempature controlled plant, all of Mercedes like me, and they would help me if I needed help
Cons
My company didn't give me quotes on things that I asked for
Fast pace work environment
Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJune 7, 2018
Lots of room to grow, especially in management position; good company to work for in a strong macro economy, so much of a loyalty when it comes to recession.
Great place to work.
Regional Service Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJune 3, 2018
Terex was a great place to work. I would absolutely return. The work week was ever changing and flexible. Some weeks were longer but we were allowed to adjust as needed.
Great Coworkers
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMay 27, 2018
I enjoyed the people I worked with. My supervisor stayed on top of things and always made our workplace safe and feasible. Sometimes it was slow and sometimes it was wide open.
Diverse Manufacturer of Industrial Equipment
Finance Director (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 23, 2018
Terex is a diversified manufacturer of many different products and world class brand names. There are great opportunities for advancement and relocation between the various business segments and geographic locations. Terex has an extremely active and interesting acquisition history. Unfortunately this can lead to difficulties in integrating all the different systems, people,functions and company cultures.
Pros
opportunities for advancement
Cons
lack of strong processes and systems
Poor management
employee (Current Employee) –  NCApril 25, 2018
I don't understand managers who can't talk to employees like people instead of yelling and cussing like animals. Environment is stressful and morale is very low.
Pros
salary
Cons
Poor managment
Low paying, managers like skills
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 22, 2018
I'm sure like most companies Terex had their favorites and would promote them or give raises but not everyone got raises when when their time came. As far as advancements if you was in there Clique no matter if you had experience for that area or not you would be hired even though having almost 2 years experience in that area and you weren't in there Clique you didn't get the job. Supervisor hired over one area had no experience and therefore did not know what was going on. I wouldn't recommend Terex to anybody but some people can make it out there
Pros
Insurance was good
Cons
Supervisors lack skills in the area they was hired for.
great rapport with workforce but lack of structured leadership.
Fender department team leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 20, 2018
Great people to work with and good atmosphere but management changes managers too often. General managers are replaced quite often which leads to confusion and misunderstanding of rules.
Pros
Free uniforms, excellent vacation plan.
Cons
No paid sick days, improperly trained managers.
Typical Company growing too large.
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIApril 12, 2018
This was a typical back road country hick trying to run a multi million dollar company. Yes this is not the way to run a company. All decisions are made without any thought about the consequences.
Pros
Large company so the healthcare is better
Lots of friction between worker and company
Welder (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IAMarch 29, 2018
They ended up leaving all the workers high and dry, They didn't try to help us relocate of find new jobs. They are proof that they don't care about the working man at all.
Great place to develop and advance your career
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Waverly, IAMarch 15, 2018
I love working at Terex Global Business Services in Waverly, IA. There's a great balance of recurring work and new challenges to help me learn and grow. This company is always looking to improve both the accounting and the workplace culture. Recent changes to Paid Time Off and Leave policies have given me more flexibility and allow me to be more in control of my schedule. Managers are approachable and want to hear my opinions. Terex GBS also provides a broader range of accounting experiences. You're not locked in to one area of accounting and have the opportunity to find your niche within accounting and pursue growth in that area. Best place I've worked since graduating college.
Pros
Work-life balance, great people
Terex is a good place to work
DIRECTOR OF GLOBAL BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE (Current Employee) –  Westport, CTMarch 9, 2018
Everyones opinion is respected. It was an informal environment, but everyone was held accountable for deliverables. Everyone was treated with respect and I was paid fairly.