Terex Employee Reviews

Typical Company growing too large.
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIApril 12, 2018
This was a typical back road country hick trying to run a multi million dollar company. Yes this is not the way to run a company. All decisions are made without any thought about the consequences.
Pros
Large company so the healthcare is better
Lots of friction between worker and company
Welder (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IAMarch 29, 2018
They ended up leaving all the workers high and dry, They didn't try to help us relocate of find new jobs. They are proof that they don't care about the working man at all.
Great place to develop and advance your career
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Waverly, IAMarch 15, 2018
I love working at Terex Global Business Services in Waverly, IA. There's a great balance of recurring work and new challenges to help me learn and grow. This company is always looking to improve both the accounting and the workplace culture. Recent changes to Paid Time Off and Leave policies have given me more flexibility and allow me to be more in control of my schedule. Managers are approachable and want to hear my opinions. Terex GBS also provides a broader range of accounting experiences. You're not locked in to one area of accounting and have the opportunity to find your niche within accounting and pursue growth in that area. Best place I've worked since graduating college.
Pros
Work-life balance, great people
Terex is a good place to work
DIRECTOR OF GLOBAL BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE (Current Employee) –  Westport, CTMarch 9, 2018
Everyones opinion is respected. It was an informal environment, but everyone was held accountable for deliverables. Everyone was treated with respect and I was paid fairly.
I feel other branches would be slightly different but the company seems unorganized.
Parts Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMarch 8, 2018
very unorganized and not given the same tools but held to the same standards as your teammates. management seems to have a positive goal in mind and the thought is there but there are no standards in what happens. you have to call 15 places to get an answer that should be a standard process.
Unstable work load
Fabrication Operation Cell Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 8, 2018
Market changes predict number of needed managers and staffing. Attrition of workers due to Management demands high.
Over bearing upper management forced too many rules and regulations on the staff and floor causing uneasiness among employees.
Great Place to Work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Huron, SD 57350March 6, 2018
Terex is a great company and fantastic TM's. Goals and objectives are clear and understood in advance. Team members work well together to meet the demands of our customers.
Pros
Team work and advancement within the company
Cons
N/a
Great work environment.
Logistical Planning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSMarch 1, 2018
Workplace culture was very key in making Terex a great company to work for. I was able to learn more about the process of manufacturing and how to work well with a diverse team.
decent
Industrial Painter (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 28, 2018
good co workers but management is lacking. nice pay. nice facility. long hours. not a lot of time for family. i like it and the benifits were great. nice
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
Busy work place and alot of unplanned overtime required.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSFebruary 23, 2018
I was blessed being awarded a job at Terex, as it was perfect for my short term plans. However, I never felt I had job security since Terex was shutting down segments every year. The segment I worked was lacking organization, training, and management did not hold certain employees accountable for their actions. I would not recommend Terex as a place to seek employment.
Pros
Limited supervision, descent salary, holiday pay
Cons
unpredictable job security, lack organization, little or no training, overtime required without notice, low moral, performances aren't fair
great benefits, awesome coworkers
Overhead Crane Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 20, 2018
great company with great benefits. would still work here if konecranes had not bought them. too many changes and commission based clear down to the technician
Good benefits, poor management
Welding Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 19, 2018
Challenging to use your experience. The ability to be successful definitely depended on which manager you are under. In four years I had six different managers; not a good position to find yourself in
Benefits
Na
Manager (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTFebruary 19, 2018
Layoffs from the day 1, watch out and be careful, do your research, meet the people you'll be working with to get a feel for your team's culture. be careful
awsome Co
Office Corridinator (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTFebruary 12, 2018
Good management
CEO was very good
Employees were very friendly and helpful
perks was bountiful
Direct Boss was fair
they provide employess with extra perks as well thru out the year
Pros
free lunch
Lead Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IAFebruary 8, 2018
This was a great company to work for . They decided to up and move from Iowa what a bummer . enjoy working with everyone. Hardest part was leaving the company
Poor Management
Account Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IAFebruary 2, 2018
Was expected to work at a very fast pace for 10 hours a day and Saturdays, and then they were not happy with the quality of peoples work. Would not show us our errors so we could see what we were doing wrong.
good place to work
Material Control Production Control (Former Employee) –  Durand, MIFebruary 1, 2018
good place to work. employees are good to work with. always new projects to work on and learn. management is direct and easy to understand and follow.
My Review
Associate Assembler (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 30, 2018
Read and comprehend instructions and follow established procedures
Gather all material and equipment needed to begin the process
Assembled the GR-20 mast
Check output to ensure highest quality
Kept records of production quantities and time
Reported an issues, or defected parts to Quality Control.
It was ok
ASSEMBLER AND PAINTER (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IAJanuary 29, 2018
The supervisors that were placed on the assembly lines had very little knowledge of the build of the product. It was very much a push, push, push, industry.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Poor management
A typical day at work
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 27, 2018
A typical day at work began early in the morning. My manager would not always be at the job, but expected me to assemble machines without any help. When I asked for help, my manager would not get me any. I enjoyed most of my coworkers. I learned how to assemble cranes and how to operate them.
Pros
My team and meeting new people
Cons
Not getting paid adequately and not receiving any help when asking for it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Terex. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

4.0Fairygodboss Score

70%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

82%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.