TERI, Inc Employee Reviews

Instructional Assistant
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMarch 25, 2019
Loved working with the people with disabilities, but definitely a difficult job requiring a lot of energy and critical thinking skills. The certified teachers were awesome.
TERI, Inc. was a great way to challenge yourself to do your best in working and aiding others.
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LANovember 9, 2018
The workplace was competitive, but motivating. It was structured, but allowed individuality in creativity and innovation. It was a good place to learn teamwork and be very productive.I believe that it is a good place to learn and advance. I would encourage others to do this type of service work for others.
Pros
helping people
Cons
losing people you work with
Excellent upper management
Director of Residential Services (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAAugust 16, 2018
Intense services provided to individuals served. Long term staff and focus is on staff retention. Agency developed a Wellness Program for the staff and participants and provided monetary bonuses for participation in the program.
Pros
family oriented
Not a good place for new hires
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAAugust 13, 2018
My biggest frustration while working at TERI was their self preservation management. If anything went wrong, management looked for a scapegoat. They didn't accept responsibility for anything. The correction, was always give someone a warning, or let someone go. It was rare to see anyone from management stand up and accept the blame for something going wrong. They went through people like an alcoholic goes through drinks....two at a time.
Pros
It's a tough job...they have some good people doing their best.
Cons
They toss you out like you're a hot potato.
Good for what it is
CAAE Staff (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMarch 1, 2018
It's a nonprofit, so they do a lot of amazingly great things. From a moral standpoint, I feel great about what I do, and what it means to be a part of Teri. From a financial and career prospect standpoint, it's a little rough.
Pros
Gym access, inexpensive organic local lunches
Cons
No breaks throughout the day, at all. If you need to use the restroom, someone has to cover your group.
wonderful place to work.
Respite Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAFebruary 23, 2018
I have worked for Teri for 5 years now and I love it. Its such a close knit company with so many wonderful people. You have such a bond with coworkers and the clientele. I was full time but needed to go back to part time and I was so thankful to be able to stay part of this company! I have loved to watch my students/clients grow into such wonderful people and learn new things! I also love that they want to see staff thrive in their lives through health. I find it helpful to have that accountability here!
Pros
fitness, health
Cons
healthcare price
Was a great feeling fixing houses for mentaly challenged kids/adults
Maintenace Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAFebruary 22, 2018
Great experience just communication was lacking from what houses needed to what they wanted to do. One house with 5 different colors on the walls. Hanging solid core doors for not competitive prices
Pros
For a greater purpose
Cons
Lacked funding
1:1 ratio at Teri
Instructor/Teacher (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAFebruary 22, 2018
Typical day at work would be a morning gym routine which is very limited to activities my client is able to do.. we usually leave early to go on park outings for lunch and return towards the end of the day to walk around the rec area and socialize with other classes. the hardest part is trying to get my client to do new things but when he can accomplish them, its the most rewarding feeling !
Pros
goal accomplishments
Cons
no 10 minute breaks in between the middle of the day.
Stressful
Director of ABA Services (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CANovember 20, 2017
Working at TERI is stressful but the amazing clients make it worth the work. Staff are overworked and underpaid making the culture leaving something to be desired.
Cons
VERY expensive healthcare if you have a family
Most rewarding job I have ever had
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  CAAENovember 2, 2017
I have been here for 14 years and I am still fulfilled by my job here at TERI. Every place of employment has its challenges but at TERI there is always a way to overcome them and to work together. I love the people we serve and I think we are the best model in the industry.
Working with a wonderful group
QA (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CANovember 2, 2017
Staff are truly dedicated to the people we work with. Positive energy and atmosphere make this one of the best places to work and make a difference in the lives of people. As people have pointed out, you get paid to be yourself and make sure your students/adults are having their best day ever.
Great place to work!
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CANovember 2, 2017
I've worked at TERI for over a decade and have no plans of leaving. The work you do here is meaningful and genuinely changes the lives of those we serve for the better. There is a big family atmosphere among the staff, and it is very easy to fall in love with what you do.
Pros
Great benefits, family type feel, meaningful work
Excellent work environment! Look forward to going to work every day.
Administration (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAOctober 19, 2017
Rewarding and positive work environment. Love my coworkers and the people we serve! Healthy culture and fitness incentives. We have a TERI soccer team!!! Encouraging and approachable managers.
Pros
Positive company culture and opportunities to grow.
rewarding but low pay
One on One Instructor and Group Home Staff (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CASeptember 28, 2017
Teri serves children and adults with developmental disabilities. The positions are stressful and physically demanding and the pay is very low. The staff that works there works there because of their clients and not the pay.
Challenging yet rewarding
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAAugust 3, 2017
Great place to work if you like helping people. It's challenging yet rewarding working with adults with various disabilities. You will learn a lot about yourself as well as the people you work with.
Not a positive or fulfilling company
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAApril 6, 2016
This company claims to be an advocate for clients and staff, however they are neither. Supervisors do not back staff up on important behavioral issues regarding clients and continually point fingers to remove blame being directed their way. Bonuses and raises have been promised, but received only by supervisors, administration and CEO. They offer no promotion opportunities, unless you are a relative or friend of supervisors or in charge personal. TERI shows favoritism towards wealthy families whose children attend TERI, therefore their children are shown the same favoritism. Staff is encouraged to not document certain issues in order to avoid TERI from losing funding provided by their families.
Working with autistic adults is very rewarding
CAAE Instructor (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CASeptember 30, 2015
If you enjoy the rewards of helping people then this is a great place for you. I was responsible for 4 male adults. I worked with them to in various tasks and settings from wood work to music. Demanding but fun.
Excellent job
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CAFebruary 7, 2015
Typical day at work is full of experiences with students with special needs. My co-workers are warm and friendly. My supervisor is helpful. My job is the highlight of my week.
Pros
Excellent work environment, good experience in my chose field
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Collaborative Team
Graduate Student Clinician (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CANovember 22, 2014
All employees and aids were helpful and cooperative with student clinicians. It is a little difficult to locate the clients/students, but overall it was a realistic and positive experience.
Cons
Inconsistent schedule made it difficult to plan and locate the clients
Good Place to work not much space for advancement.
Aide/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAOctober 15, 2013
Wonderful opportunity to make a change in the life of extraordinary individuals. A lot of opportunities to learn. It's really sad that there have been no salary raises or bonuses for the past six years and there is no opportunity for growth within the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TERI, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.