Terminix of the Triad Employee Reviews

Run
Sales Inspector (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 14, 2019
You start your day at the office answering to management for every single individual sell you did not make the day before. This will take up the better part of your morning. They have one manager for every for employees. If you propose a moisture control solution to a customer then you have to outline each individual remedy. It takes about 20 minutes per remedy to outline it in pestpac. So yes you can spend more time outlining it in pest pack than actually proposing it. Customers get extremely frustrated when you spend all that time sitting in your car versus in front of them. This was one of the worst career mistakes I've ever made in my entire career life. You are also required, no demanded, no pressured, no Insisted, I can't think of the word it is just overwhelmingly extreme pressure to quote somebody $10,000. Every quote $10,000, no matter what $10,000. Your customers will start to cry after they've lived in the house for 20 years and you walk in the door and tell him it's going to cost $10,000 to take care of their moisture control problems. And I would just not I mean just I don't know I'm losing it I got to go.
Pros
Company car
Cons
You Soul
If you like living paycheck to paycheck then it’s for you
Pmp (Current Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCFebruary 23, 2019
If you don’t sell at least $5,000 a month you will not make any money with this company. They say they revamped the pay scale, which they did. Only problem with it was they made it more of you have to sell!! I’ve been with this company for 5 years now and seen a lot of change. Mostly not good either. Right now I’m making less money than I did when I started! Will not be here much longer, this company is not going in the right direction. They’ve steered away from what got them where they are today and it’s taking care of their employees and success will come. Think twice before you come here.
Pros
Free time, company vehicle, insurance
Cons
Poor management, low pay
Opportunity for growth in a field that interests me
Management Services (Current Employee) –  GreensboroDecember 14, 2018
I've had a great experience with Terminix. My manager has always been willing to walk me through things I didn't understand. Training was hands on and I could tell they really wanted me to understand the company and what we do. Everyone here is passionate about the work and wanted everyone to succeed from office positions to the field positions. I think that my hard work is rewarding financially and with other benefits. If you're looking for a company that wants you to do well and wants to see you make money, Terminix is the right place.
Pros
Excellent Management, great medical benefits, company vehicle
Think twice
Pest Management Professional (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCNovember 25, 2018
This is a $24,000-$28,000 per year job in tough working conditions. Work is very limited so selling is an absolute must. If you cannot sell to anyone and everyone, think twice.
Pros
Good insurance
Don't work there
Classified (Former Employee) –  ClassifiedOctober 13, 2018
Logistics is a nightmare, and they will have you pulling your hair out. Pressured to sell sell sell. If you don't sell, your out. Give sales to people they like. If they don't like you, you won't make it. They pay you on a draw vs commission. It's all piffle They work you like a dog, no time at home, and when they are done with you, they kick you to the curb. Your washed up, and worthless to them
Pros
Not many
Cons
Too many to name
Churn and burn
PMP (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 8, 2018
Unbelievable turnover. If you have no bills to pay and have no hopes of advancing, this company is great. The pay structure is horrific and the work is nasty as can be. So you are broke all the time and embarrassed about what you do. They are always advertising for jobs because...people are always quitting! Did I mention the pay is AWFUL?
Pros
Good benefits and hours
Cons
Terrible pay structure
Official response from Terminix of the Triad
January 16, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry you did not enjoy your time with Terminix. We have recently changed out pay structure. We hope any future employees will be satisfied with the new structure.

Ok Place to work
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 16, 2018
Not a place that I would recommend if you are trying to start a career. In my position the pay is not worth some of the work that you have to do and some of the people that you have to deal with.
Good Company, but no security & not great pay
WDO (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 2, 2017
I enjoyed my time here, but for the work you put in, the pay needs to be wayyy better, and they also have no trust in their employees. They rely heavily on technology that can easily malfunction. Everything seemed pretty unorganized and they'd also fire anyone at the drop a hat, no matter what happened. they told us a story once about a guy who installed rat bait in a locked box, the customers dog tore apart the box and died, and what did they do? fire the tech, even though he did everything right. I'd say its an ok place to work, but if you're looking for job security, this isn't the place.
Pros
good hours, relaxed environment, cool people
Cons
no job security, pay is lacking, hard work
Excellent company to work for
Termite Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 29, 2015
Great company to work for everyone is laid back and gets along. They lie to you when they are hiring you, saying "you are not a salesperson and are not going to be pushed for sales" complete lie they want sales, sales, and more sales! There isn't any guarantee you'll keep your job either. Any kind of traffic ticket in the company vehicle or even in your personal vehicle they may let you go over it if you are not producing a lot of sales. The key to this job is to sell, keep your sales up and you'll keep your job.
Pros
Great pay, always looking for people to advance within the company
Cons
constantly push for sales, strict about driving
Amazing Company with Top Notch Leadership
Contractual Consultant - Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 30, 2013
A class act all the way around. These guys are a family run organization with integrity and a drive to create a passionate working environment for all their employees...
Pros
Autonomy and Great Leadership
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Terminix of the Triad. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5