Terminix Employee Reviews

Found 1,132 reviews matching the search See all 1,145 reviews
It's a call center
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZ 85305October 16, 2018
The company call center is a nice environment. They have lots of calls come in, particularly from spring to early fall. Management is typically friendly and easy to approach. Pay is very good, considering you aren't required to have any certifications.
Pros
lots of contests and incentives
Cons
Can be replaced quickly due to poor scorecard performance, parking at Westgate Entertainment District is awful
Experience much appreciated
DEPARTMENT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAOctober 16, 2018
I really enjoyed my job. The people I worked directly with were great people. I gained a lot of experience and skills over the years, thankful for that. Unfortunately the management there thought it was time for us to part ways as I was no longer seen as needed in the future of their company. The management there could use some ethical classes on how to speak to the employees as they always came across rude and never spoke of their appreciation only pointed out faults. That in fact was the hardest part of my job. Overall it was a great place to work up until the management changed about 2 years ago. I absolutely love having a purpose in life and getting up knowing I have a job depending on me to be there!
They are great
Service Manager/Technician (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, AROctober 13, 2018
Great place to work good benefits it’s very fast paced customers can be nice or they can be very hateful managers in north Little Rock were great to work for
Pros
Paid vacations
Good Experience
Sales Inspector (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NC 28562October 10, 2018
Small company vibe as we were based in a rural NC, but friendly staff and a pleasure to work with. company car and phone where a plus but long hours are the down side.
great job
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 7, 2018
Was a very good job with great benefits. Would love to work here again but they fired me for some BS. The new manager was nice until you got to know him. Hes changing everything including his staff.
Horrible place to work if you have a family
Route Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 5, 2018
Everything at Terminix started out pretty good. pay was decent and was told you can work all the overtime you want but of course when winter hits stuff slows down but was expected. Thrown on a route with salary pay and told that if a customer cancels we take it out of your commission even if you had noting to do with them canceling it’s your fault regardless. Things started to pick up once the cancellations were removed from the pay plan wich made everyone jump for joy so for the next few months pay was amazing but once a couple bad apples ruined it for ruined it for everyone or the company realized they are paying everyone more than they wanted too, hard telling on that one we can’t get a straight answer from any of the managers, now we are all being punished. stops and route sizes were cut down to more than half of the amount and everyone’s checks are a quarter there amount than before and we are ALL being told it is OUR FAULT it’s this way now that we are being forced to take a pay cut and we have to deal with it. You guys all did this to yourselves. You want more money then sell something so we can fill our pockets and you suffer. I don’t see how anyone in management at this company sleeps at night knowing just how much they screwed with everyone’s lives. I honestly don’t understand how this can even be legal. The managers don’t even know how to answer a phone And when they do you are usually told to Just figure it out for yourself in laymen’s terms. All we are is a number. Make them money while you suffer. If I could go somewhere else I would but I can’t afford to at this  more... time. God help us all.  less
Pros
Take truck home, gas card
Cons
Pay plan constantly changing, broken technology, inconsistent pay, management, work life balance, hours, favoritism
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2018
Very fast pace culture. Fun and exciting. Started my day at 6 in the morning scheduled meeting with staff. Conference call after. ended my day around 5 sometimes 6pm .
not well organized for a new commercial rep
Commercial Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 4, 2018
most unorganized place i ever worked- had me READING STUDY MATERIALS FOR A test to get my license for pest control AND all material was out dated. i had to drive to branch in fresno and pick up actual study material from them
Pros
pay is ok
Cons
reading all the time to study for licenses
teremix
Office Administrator and Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 2, 2018
at end of month it could be stressful. it wasn't a bad place. my manager was pretty good. it was a very long time ago. I don't remember much anymore. I did like the people I worked with
Pros
good manager
Cons
i was laid off
Don't work for Terrminx
Pest Technician (Former Employee) –  Newtown, PAOctober 1, 2018
I worked for Terminix for 6 months . In that time 10 employees quit. This was mostly due to the management. they also pay badly. It's 14 dollars an hour plus no less than 10 hour days. They also say weekend off. That is a lie they want you to work every weekend Over all they are understaffed and overwork you . they will take full advantage of you anyway they can.
Pros
Cons
management lies and will take advantage of you, pay is bad
Happy to work for them
Account Sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 1, 2018
A typical day at work was cold calling, following up with existing customers, quality assurance reports, scheduling services and proposals.

The work environment at Terminix Commercial was friendly and we all worked as a team.
Pros
Recognition of hard work/ incentives
Cons
too much pressure to get service done on time
Promise but no deliver
Termite Technician (Former Employee) –  Ocean Isle Beach, NCOctober 1, 2018
They tell you one thing and do another. They hired me for termite work and I hardly did that.Termite techs are.apprently.full time moisture techs that do all the grunt work.
Pros
Avoid unless you have no life
Osp (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 28, 2018
They expect you to cold call after you've worked 11 hours a day. You are told you will get inbound leads but you are lucky to get 2 a week. The hours versus pay are below minimum wage and working 6 days a week gets tiresome. You are told you only have to work 2 sat a month but an emergency will come up and you are expected to work. A lack of organization has you driving all over as they don't have the ability to set appointments in the same area and assign the top leads to the people who have been there the longest which results in a high turnover rate for everyone else.
Cons
No real money
Fast paced friendly work environment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSSeptember 28, 2018
Enjoyed working here. The work was easy and I enjoyed learning about post control remedies. I was laid off when a new computer system was installed that eliminated my position, due to rerouting customer service calls to a call center.
terminix
Outside Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PASeptember 26, 2018
I could drive up to 200 miles a day and make at least 4 contacts per day, After is you spend the evening trying to set-up customers for the next day.
The worst experience with management
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 26, 2018
It was by far the worst work experience I’ve ever had. Management, both on a regional level and the branch are completely incompetent. I’ve never seen a more micro management for no benefit. They hired and fired 6 outside people in less than two years. With another transferring into a service role. They make up sales quotas that are impossible to achieve. As they provide little to no sales training or support.
Pros
Meeting and helping people
Cons
Management and unreasonable control
No Branch location
PEST TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA and McKinney, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Hours can be long,you mostly drive from job to job.
I've learned to look at each house as a puzzle to best treat them.
Management is a little weak,but could be better.
The best part of the job is helping people solve their pest problem.
Pros
Breakfast at the first meeting of the month
Cons
long days
great place to work
SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 24, 2018
Love working with people,travling, my job was to make sure the work got done and right,i was hands on ,always willing to help,always on time and respected everyone.
Pros
Company vehicle
Marketing and Sales Departments are great
Sales Representative / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDSeptember 24, 2018
I worked in sales, which was a great job for a couple summers, but we often had issues with corporate miscommunication or technicians simply not following the instructions we left them on our contracts. I think the company could really benefit from allowing more interaction between sales and operations.
Pros
Free lunches at weekly meetings, pays great
Very matter of fact and performance based environment
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 24, 2018
Our current leadership cares and are trying to improve the environment and pay for lower level employees. Just like any Fortune 500 company, sometimes politics come into play. I would like to progress on a path that's not normally sought to transition from field operations to corporate; hopefully it works out.
Pros
Performance is rewarded
Cons
Limited progression from front line management to upper within company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Terminix. Our community is ready to answer.