Terminix Employee Reviews

Found 1,233 reviews matching the search See all 1,247 reviews
I love doing pest control and seeing my customers pleased with my job.
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LANovember 20, 2018
Each day I am delighted to get wonderful comments and reviews from my customers informing me and others that I can keep the “nasties” away. When I’m able to remove completely the problems and I come out to make sure they are pleased, and they are smiling and are happy to see me I’m reminded why I love my job!
Pros
Enjoyable work, satisfaction of knowing customers happy!
Cons
A lot of restrictions, expectations on times per stop.
Calm and peaceful work environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 28, 2018
Worked for 3 technician managers and 1 branch manager to ensure customer accounts were updated with service dates and payments applied to accounts properly. Filling of and maintaining all records of customers. Ordered office supplies when needed and assisted handling vendors frequently. Received and sorted mail, created bank deposit as well as made said deposits to the bank. Scheduled staff meetings, and arranged branch meetings to create comradery amongst management and staff. Answered multiline phones and took care of any service request needs from customers.
Do Not Work Here
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  MissouriNovember 30, 2018
This place is awful. Upper management does not help anyone. Only cares about the bottom line. They terminate people as fast as they hire them. The bonus system is a joke. They tell you one thing and then change it in the middle and you will not get bonus. They try to say a company vehicle is worth so much money for your compensation. Your salary is based on a 41 hour work week and you work atleast 50 to 80 hours a week or your fired. They cheat customers to hit bottom lines and never keep promises. Do not work here unless you want to learn bad habits and lie to your customers.
Consistently changed pay plan to benefit company
Outside sales Professional (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 13, 2018
Through the 5yrs of working six days a week I saw four different pay plans. Every time the company changed it was never in the employees best interest.. No work life balance, ..management is lazy and never took responsibility for company mistakes. It was like pulling teeth to have a manger contact upset clients.. I will not use nor will I recommend Terminix ever! Big company chasing money and not caring for employees or clients!! I only gave the benefits section 2 stars because of the employee stock purchase and 401k match.
Great workplace if you don’t want to move up.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHNovember 7, 2018
Very secretive and constant change. We have had 3 different CEO’s since I have been here. All but one of the managers actually know pest control. Management only wants college educated no matter experience. If you want hours they have them. If you are on commission all the good routes are taken and if you want to live off of 30k they are ok. Otherwise this company has so much potential. If they got manangement that understands pest control.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Constant change
Great Management
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 22, 2018
Enjoyed coming to work, worked with a great team. Always made sure that the sales representatives had appointments for selling opportunities. Fast paced environment and our boss was very motivational and encouraging. Their was no room for growth in the company, also the company no longer provided customer service at that branch. Terminix opened a call center, so therefore customers were rerouted to the Dallas Call Center.
Pros
Meeting new customers and gaining a relaitonship
Cons
no overtime
A Great place to learn & earn
Pest Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJOctober 23, 2018
I wish I was still working for this company. Not specifically Terminix, but my branch. My coworkers were extremely knowledgeable & helpful. However, my initial training was by an inexperienced lazy tech. so it took me a little while to realize what was truly expected of me.
Pros
Route work, semi flexible scheduling. Incentives
Cons
Hazardous, dirty work locations. Parking (finding and fees). Bad customer contact info.
Experience much appreciated
DEPARTMENT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAOctober 16, 2018
I really enjoyed my job. The people I worked directly with were great people. I gained a lot of experience and skills over the years, thankful for that. Unfortunately the management there thought it was time for us to part ways as I was no longer seen as needed in the future of their company. The management there could use some ethical classes on how to speak to the employees as they always came across rude and never spoke of their appreciation only pointed out faults. That in fact was the hardest part of my job. Overall it was a great place to work up until the management changed about 2 years ago. I absolutely love having a purpose in life and getting up knowing I have a job depending on me to be there!
Look elsewhere if you want a life
OSP Inspector (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLOctober 22, 2018
Terrible pay for the hours you work. A lack of organization in management has you driving all over the place. They rarely give new people actual leads and expect you to trick homeowners into sales.
You are told 2 sat a month and only for a few hours and you will work almost every sat and late hours only having Sundays off.
They give the best leads to the top 2 people and turnover is very high where over 1 person a month quit and that was in an office with only 4-5 reps.
The pay plan is less than minimum wage and then the car will cost you out of pocket if you take it home at night.
Avoid if you have or desire a life or more than minimum wage for the hours you work.
Fools can apply
Pros
car, gas
Cons
no life, less than minimum wage for all the hours, too many to list
Warning stay away from this company
Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 8, 2018
This company does not care about the employees, turn over rate is terrible both employees and management, training is terrible, they say they have a zero tolerance ethics code hahaha that is a flipping joke, they don't know the meaning of ethics, customer cancels count against you and your bonus even if the cancel was not your fault, they never print out your monthly pay and route report , new employees were literally quiting 1st day on the job, they were having new employees train new employees , good luck trying to get help from management, stay far away from this company if you value your health and sanity. There are very few good people left that work for this company.
Pros
Truck and gas
Cons
Management, micro managing, no help, terrible training, long hours
It's a call center
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZ 85305October 16, 2018
The company call center is a nice environment. They have lots of calls come in, particularly from spring to early fall. Management is typically friendly and easy to approach. Pay is very good, considering you aren't required to have any certifications.
Pros
lots of contests and incentives
Cons
Can be replaced quickly due to poor scorecard performance, parking at Westgate Entertainment District is awful
If you like not being in the office its great
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLOctober 19, 2018
To begin with when I was in the hiring phase and had the interview I was led to believe that the commission would start and be paid from the first sale forward once I got in it was paid after you hit 20K of sales. 20K is a very hard number to hit in the market I was in, now I understand they are changing the pay and it will eventually have no base just straight commission. Family life does not exist they told me half a day Saturdays two times a month it ended up working almost every Saturday. Not an easy job you have to make your own leads by calling the existing data base you might get one actual call in but with 4 to 5 reps in the same territory is lean on new leads.
Pros
Company car and good benefits
Cons
No time off lots of Saturdays.
The worst experience with management
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 26, 2018
It was by far the worst work experience I’ve ever had. Management, both on a regional level and the branch are completely incompetent. I’ve never seen a more micro management for no benefit. They hired and fired 6 outside people in less than two years. With another transferring into a service role. They make up sales quotas that are impossible to achieve. As they provide little to no sales training or support.
Pros
Meeting and helping people
Cons
Management and unreasonable control
Don't work for Terrminx
Pest Technician (Former Employee) –  Newtown, PAOctober 1, 2018
I worked for Terminix for 6 months . In that time 10 employees quit. This was mostly due to the management. they also pay badly. It's 14 dollars an hour plus no less than 10 hour days. They also say weekend off. That is a lie they want you to work every weekend Over all they are understaffed and overwork you . they will take full advantage of you anyway they can.
Pros
Cons
management lies and will take advantage of you, pay is bad
Very matter of fact and performance based environment
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 24, 2018
Our current leadership cares and are trying to improve the environment and pay for lower level employees. Just like any Fortune 500 company, sometimes politics come into play. I would like to progress on a path that's not normally sought to transition from field operations to corporate; hopefully it works out.
Pros
Performance is rewarded
Cons
Limited progression from front line management to upper within company
Poor Company
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 14, 2018
Job was smooth my first couple of months. until i got a new mannager who was not a good manager. then my got my orginal manager back everything was fine. I got fired last week after being falsely accused of treating an employee. The company in my understanding handled it very poorly. The company after getting new management only cares about making money. Having Employee's working every Saturday for a hole straight month. The HR president Candace Trevino is very rude also having employee who are medicially sick not respecting their Dr orders.
Pros
good pay in salery
Cons
poor management.
toxic enviroment
OUTSIDE SALES PROFESSIONAL (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Company is all about selling products and services that homes and business don't always need. Leads are divided equal among sales team therefore the rich get richer, the middle struggles to earn and the new people have very little chance at making ends meet. I was with the company 5 years and would not recommend any position within the organization to anyone unless you truly love roller coasters
Pros
company car
Cons
company car costs roughly 10k per year
Marketing and Sales Departments are great
Sales Representative / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDSeptember 24, 2018
I worked in sales, which was a great job for a couple summers, but we often had issues with corporate miscommunication or technicians simply not following the instructions we left them on our contracts. I think the company could really benefit from allowing more interaction between sales and operations.
Pros
Free lunches at weekly meetings, pays great
People Work for People
Commercial Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 3, 2018
I learned a lot. There are some big areas of opportunity with training/onboarding. Branch Manager was amazing. Culture was a bit “High School Jock-ish,” has a clique feel to it. Compensation was great, so was earning potential. Company phone, car, gas card, and tablet. Overall, not bad. I just felt like they told you what to do, but not quite how to do it. Like giving directions on how to bake a cake, but not providing measurements for the ingredients.
Pros
Overall, not bad. Compensation was great, so was earning potential. Company phone, car, gas card, and tablet.
Cons
areas of opportunity with training/onboarding. Branch Manager was amazing, Culture has a clique feel to it, feels like they tell you what to do, but not quite how to do it. Like giving directions on how to bake a cake, but not providing measurements for the ingredients
Terrible
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 3, 2018
No training for those from outside Industry. If you inherit a struggling branch good luck. You can't discipline anyone I had an employee who just bred discontent amongst the entire branch HR and Regional manager did nothing just let it continue and smother the branch.

Was like walking on egg shells all the time employee/ Service Manager would blow up and act like a child then belittle and bully other employees.

Was the most stressful environment I ever experienced and I am a combat veteran. Don't work here good ole boy network at senior management level !!!!
Pros
Company Vehicle
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Terminix. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about