Terminix

Terminix Employee Reviews for Pest Control Technician

Pest Control Technician711 reviews

Found 711 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,460 reviews

N/a

Its a very busy and fast place to work. The great thing is your out and about talking with your customers and making them happy. The down side is that you have numbers that have to be meet if not they you could be in trouble.

You want your depression and anxiety levels to go up?

Use to be great place to work. Now I just want a way out . You get paid minimum wage to deal with management who are just puppets. They say they actually care about your well being when truly they just care about numbers . Work life balance is complete garbage. You get bashed if one of your customers decide to reschedule. Even when your clocked out your still working either doing calls or doing online training. Micro managing levels will make you feel like a little child. Bottom line you won’t be happy here at all.

Terminix insights

Based on 1,623 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Okay I guess.

Not much to say really, it is what you make it. Be prepared to be stressed, tired, and drained. If you suffer from depression or anxiety, look elsewhere for your mental health.

Poor

Good training scheme and that’s it but you are expected to do this in your own time free of charge. Poor management and a stressful working environment. Poor pay.

Worst company to work for. I worked there for 2 years and never got a raise. They make you put work first other than you family. Dont tecommend!!!!!!! Very poor management team!

Productive and Challenging

Good job if you enjoy being out in areas, can be very hectic at times though. A lot of the pay is based on productivity so you feel more compelled to do everything faster.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Okish work life balance

Micromanage

Is u like to be Micromanage go for it. If u like to be pressured about making sales go for it. Everything depends on your manager and if he has your back to make your job easier

Gets busy during Summer but in the winter it slows, and that affects your commission.

Bad company to work for at the San Diego branch. Managers always dangling stops in your face and it affects your pay, managers always finding ways to make your pay check smaller but yet some managers make side money by doing services on Sundays so Terminix doesn’t find out. Caught the company double taking our vacation/ sick days, and when told about it they said we have to call HR and figure it out until other techs started complaining, then they made it easier to give back our missing days. Stay away from the San Diego branch the worst management I have ever seen.

Pros

Company truck

Cons

Some of the worst management that I have ever seen.

Overworked

Overworked and pay dont match the work being done! Long hours and work saturdays. Too many meetings that take away work time. Company is old school and need to update there system. Supervisors are great!

Pros

Company vehicle

Cons

Overworked

Nobody Cares Anymore

Nobody cares about anything anymore unless it's a number. Anything under 97% is failure and there is no communication unless they need something from you. If you need them, good luck reaching anyone that can help. There are constantly new systems or standard that are instituted from the people in corporate that don't do the actual work that are supposed to make your job easier but it only makes things harder. 10 to 12 hour days are the norm so if you are single and have no social life, it gives you something to do. If you have a wife or kids, you don't have any balance between work and the rest of your life.

Poor company to work for

I was to be working in the St. Cloud area but I was not working there I was working in the Minneapolis area not what I was told where I would be working

I once loved this job. But work life balance not.

I enjoy working around everyone I work with. But the work life balance can become an issue. You have meeting every morning at 7 am. The pros is they give you a cell phone and a company truck to drive home, with a gas card for the company truck. If you live far away this is a huge plus.

It’s alright

Good stepping stone if you’re trying to get somewhere.Cut to the chase, you make about 3K a month. StRting prob 2500+The workers are cool, some of all snitches at the end of the day

Management and coworkers are decent folks to work with. Work/life balance is unreasonable.

Co-workers and management were decent enough in there interactions, but they contributed to a poor work/life balance. The expectation is that you are available 7am-7pm six days a week. If you were allowed to get everything done in 40hrs of work per week then it would be a decent paycheck for your time. When you compare the pay to your actual time investment, you would be better off working almost anywhere else.Pest control techs are jacks of many trades and masters of none. A route tech is expected to manage the service, the customers scheduling, customer satisfaction, bill collections, as well as sales and administration for the route. A route tech could have 40 hours a week of services, but the responsibilities beyond the services can take up almost as much time.The sales force misrepresented my inspection documentation to manipulate costumers into additional products on more than one occasion that was disclosed to me. Customers were being told that I found they needed services during my inspections that I had not.I don’t believe Terminix is any worse than others in the industry. This is a business that is attempting to evolve its practices to best fit an evolving supply and demand curve. It could be that they and others in the industry evolve in a direction that better serves the customer and employee. For now, after this experience, I would neither work for nor subscribe to a pest control service.

Great for somebody new just starting.

Terminex is a great company for someone that is just looking to get a license and training through them. They pretty good for the initial training and have a good class like room settings for training.But once you actually get your license and then your cut out in the field on your own you will soon find out that management is ran poorly And really just not there for you only for your numbers and what you did for the day

Fun 🤩 environment for young men. Good luck with everything.

This company strives to do their best for the employees that cross train all tasks requested. If certain needs are met post COVID-19, Terminix would be a a a better.

Chance to grow if you put in the effort

I like to work at terminix. Very family oriented. It get out of it what you put into it. Help my with get licenses and I moved up three times since I’ve been here.

Very bad place to work not a organized company no training

Don’t work there find another jobManager sometimes are very green and no help or support a lot of untrained technician applying pesticides very dangerous

Pros

Gas card for work truck

Cons

The company is very broken

Stable company, great management and a laid back work environment

Great place to work and make a career. Solid company that will be here for a long time. Management makes it an enjoyable place to work and gives a good work life balance

Pros

Great work environment

Cons

Occasional overtime

The company has High expectations but do not give you the tools to be successfulThey will treat you like your just east to replace No work home balance

Good company to work for

Pros- take home car, company's cellphone, uniform provided, off on major holidays, you have to work 2 Saturdays in every month, you get paid on the 1st and 15th of every month, your salary could range between $3k-6k a month before taxes, you get 2 weeks vacation every year, they give incentives/gift cards if you upsell products, your driving is monitored in the app/car and its scored at the end of the day 95 or better score is required, terminix is big on safety, can't use company phone while vehicle is moving, training is provided and you will continue to do online modules continuously to keep your license hours up to date, you will take a state license test to get your pest license, its not very hard and terminix pay for it, gas card is provided, mechanic is provided Cons- you are hourly paid $15-$17 a hour, during the beginning of the hiring/training transition, after that it's a commission base salary.. meaning you get paid on production/ how many house you service. Typically you may service an average 200 houses a month, up selling products/services is a requirement because it helps your income....rain, shine, cold, light snow you will be working, you service 10-15 houses a day, you start a 8am every day and probably finish work between 3pm-7pm, supervisor may visit you once a month while you out in the field, terminix is big on the metrics system,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Terminix. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Terminix.
Powered byComparably

Compare Terminix with

Career recommendations for Pest Control Technician

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • Terminix