Terracina Post Acute Employee Reviews

Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAMarch 23, 2019
This is a very nice facility to work with. All department heads are very easy to work with including all my supervisors. A very clean and upgrade working facilities and patient care are the priorities for this facility. Management are very friendly and considerate. Highly recommended to the community.
Pros
Provide food once in awhile
Cons
breaks are highly implemented.
One of the worst places to work!
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAFebruary 9, 2019
No culture, Zip-Zero-Nada employee appreciation, unrealistic job expectations that compromise pt safety, and lack of integrity in this new management!
It’s a good experience to work there.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAOctober 27, 2018
You learn more when working at terracina and it’s a great experience for hospitals. My time working their I had a good experience and learn so many new things.
Pros
Everything is clean and well organized
Cons
Staff are sometimes rude
Most unprofessional company I have worked for in my whole nursing career
Charge Nurse, LVN (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CASeptember 21, 2018
This company start rate for LVN's are great. But I would not recommend anyone to work here if you would like to keep your sanity and license free of blemishes. On a daily basis you work in conditions that are not favorable to employees and without adequate staffing. They attract you with the hourly rate and the decor of the facility. Once orientation is done, you are re-orientated to "Terracina" on your first day of work. Since the new owner came in alot of LVNs left. Now, because they are so short staffed, they cut your orientation on the floor short. They have personnel and mangers passing meds and doing treatments because they cannot fill the voids. I have seen brand new, first day orientees, thrown into the sub-acute station without a preceptor or any supervision which is scary for the new nurse and would be for the patients and family members if they knew. This results in the orientee being stranded and left to ask me or other nurses on the floor to show them how to do things that they should have known before getting a cart or run. Most of the nurse are catty and will watch you sink, job security. But I always try to help when I see this happening or tell them to say they aren't comfortable and havent had enough orientation. This can be vital, especially on a sub acute station where all the residents are oxygen dependent and require vents and trachs to maintain the airway, gtube dependent and have to fed all nutrients alternatively. This station is a step down from ER and places new grads on the sub acute station that have residents that have to be monitored closely.  more... The company pay rate is great but good luck being paid and watch your time sheets =) The company is under new ownership and has made alot of changes but none that benefit the patients that are there. The changes were made to attract more patients but as soon as they get admitted you will hear several complaints about things that you cannot change and things that they were told to get admitted and they become quickly disappointed. That equals you trying to overcompensate to keep the families happy or several complaints that pull you away from your normal duties because you have to extinguish fires all day, damage control. I have been at Terracina for 4 months and the most important thing I would like to leave with any licensed nurse is that from day one, you will be advocating for your license if you are familiar with your scope.... When patients are dying and need to be sent out, this company tries to encourage you not to send them to ER (to save money & save face) when our main priority is to promote life and the well being of our patients. If you have a conscious, you wont sleep well at night unless you advocate for your patients and you will then get targeted by management and harrassed. I am a current employee. But will not be soon, due to my choice. I am not a mad or bitter former employee. Just one that wish I would have never came to Terracina or referred anyone I know here. I feel bad when I hear them complain...smh.  less
Pros
You can call off as much as you want they are short staffed and will not fire anyone
Cons
Do not pay you for time off requests and tr to make you work off the clock, expect you to work with adequate support staff or what you need to do your job, always out of supplies like cups, gtube feeding formulas and hand sanitizer
Working can be fun
LVN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAFebruary 7, 2018
The facility was clean and the environment was friendly. The 8 hour shift went by fast because there was time management. The CNAs were friendly and the kitchen staff was always helpful. Management was not effective at times because of the staff engaged in visitation. Breaks and lunches were also a problem because of the staff shortage. I really enjoyed working my shift, but ran into problems when I accepted extra shifts. Management was good as long as you are working with them. One valuable lesson that I learned is don't expect favors in return or request days off within the first year. Employers like employees they can count on, especially if it is for the shift they hired you to fill. Overtime and call offs should be discussed during orientation. It's a good idea to let the hiring manager know if there are specific days and times that you cannot work. Prepare to make at least a five year commitment to the employer. Communicate changes as they occur. Employers respect honesty and are more willing to make exceptions for employees that verbalize their current dilemmas as they occur.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Healthcare Coverage
Poor workers and environment
Kitchen Aid (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJanuary 22, 2018
The company was in major debt, the patients were mistreated and I was forced to be a dishwasher (very unsanitary). The overall management was very poor.
Pros
Adequate at trying to Improve
Cons
Management techniques
A unorganized company
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  ReslandaAugust 30, 2017
If you are truly in this field for taking care and seeing a need then this Might be the place for you. The residents and their families deserve good care. I worked there for 2 yrs. But the company it self isn't great. If they paid there employees who have been loyal to them more money they wouldn't have such a high turn over. But instead they will hire new employees at a higher pay rate. At they end of the day they see how stressful, and hard it is to work for a company that works you with more residents to cna.No job is perfect but we all know what is a good environment for employees and residents and this company just doesn't have it yet. I also blame the State for not being on top of the way the organization is being ran. I'll never forget my last year there they went threw 3 different payroll employees which made it impossible to get your check corrected when they messed up.
Pros
If your working with the right people work can be bareable
Cons
Very Low Pay, Understaffed, There are days you might have to bring your own supplies to care for residents, underaupplied.
What it's like to work at Terracina
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Redlands,CAAugust 18, 2017
This place has potential! It can turn into an amazing five star facility.

This place has a variety of different kinds of patients, where they require different kinds of care. It's a great learning experience...

But this place has to many cons
- Pay is ridiculous low, for the consistence manual labor that is required
- Management is very unprofessional, lack communication, has bad leadership skills, makes false promises and allows the facility to have hostilely environment
- always short staff, you would have more than 30 pts, that require immediate consistence care.
- consistence broken medical equipment
Pros
Get to work with variety / different kinds or patients
Cons
Low Pay, Broken medical equipment, Short Staff &Lazy or incompetent coworkers and etc
Very Poor Work Environment!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAJune 26, 2017
Overall management: Poor
Immediate Supervision: Poor
Personnel Staffing: Poor
Supervisory Leadership: Poor
Recruitment: Poor
Economic fairness practices: Poor
Overall nice place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAJune 15, 2017
It is a big facility with 200+ beds there are four different nurses station one being a memory care unit and a sub-acute unit. It is a place to be able to learn and work with great people
Management does not care about employees.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAMay 3, 2017
Most of the times they leave certain stations short staffed. Even when supervisors report, management don't do anything about it. Taking care of maximum 29 residents per CNA on PM shift can lead to patient neglect. Which puts CNAs and LVNs license at risk.
Horrible place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAMarch 15, 2017
Working at Terracina Post Acute was horrible. The office staff had no idea what they were doing, or how to run a facility. I worked at this facility for a year and was treated terribly.
Pros
Cons
You are treated like to are worthless.
Needs work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAMarch 9, 2017
Continually under staffed
always short on supplies
manager is clueless to employee needs
Really enjoy working with some of the stations others not so much. No psychiatric nursing training.
Cons
should have 12 hour shifts.
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CASeptember 20, 2016
I enjoyed working with the rehabd tem and my rehab director was great. I would work for him again in the future I enjoyed the company.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
poor HR
everyone gets along here.
LVN, Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAAugust 9, 2016
the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my patient's/ residents. I haven't had a hard part of working here yet so far.. co workers are lenient and understanding. I tend to go more foward than just being an LVN. quick at problem solving.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Terracina Post Acute. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6