Terracon Consultants Inc

Terracon Consultants Inc Employee Reviews

Horrible place in Midland
Management is awful from the hiring process to the fat lady in dispatching. Whenever there was a problem with our biggest client on the solar site the project manager wouldn't even go out and talk with him leaving me send my partner to resolve things. We were constantly getting in trouble for following conflicting orders from the office. Cause there's no department head and everyone thinks they're the department head until things go wrong. Honestly There's also an employee who looks at background checks who isnt cleared to do so. It was just a mess honestly it seemed nice when I started but worst group of people I've ever worked with besides the guys in the laboratory they were great
Pros
Company truck
Cons
Conflicting managment, fat power-hungry dispatchers who abuse their positions to get their way
Good
Great company to work for. Plenty of opportunities to learn the industry. Tuition assistance is a great benefit that is open to all employees that this company.
Great place to work!
The co workers in my office were amazing! The company really cares about its employees and makes sure that they are happy and taken care of! The benefits are decently priced. The work schedule is perfect. I literally have had NO complaints about working here!
Productive, fun group
I love working with the people within my office. We interact well and work together extremely well. There is plenty of time to take a break throughout the day. It is really nice to work with most people I have worked with.
Pros
Benefits are great! Nice people!
Cons
Poor Management on some things
Very politically driven work environment. Lots of favoritism when being given job assignments
I worked multiple, back to back, 17 hour days which is against OSHA regulations. Many times after working 14-15 hour days, jobs starting at 0230 would be dispatched and the location would be 90 minutes away. Often times leaving only 6 hours between coming off a job site and having to be back on a job site
Very stressful company environment
The employees were great to work with but the overall environment at Terracon was very stressful and depressing. Limited in the decisions I was able to make.
Overall great company, but Wichita office needs a management overhaul
Terracon, as a whole, is a great company to work for and they offer competitive benefits and excellent ESOP. Unfortunately, they don't take the necessary steps to hire managers with management background or training, at least in the Wichita office, so the culture there is terrible. They treat their employees with disrespect and don't trust them to do their jobs, even when they've been doing their jobs for several years.
Great place to work full-time
Working with Terracon was great but there were a few things that were disappointing once I was with the company longer. There was a presence of misogyny within the workplace environment on the materials side of the company that was not fun to work with to an extent but that was my own personal experience.
Good Entry Level Position
Lots of room for advancement. Given opportunities to work independently. Use of company vehicle to travel to work sites and perform construction material recovery for laboratory analysis.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Independence
Cons
Low pay
Workplace was excellent environment and very productive
I completed a summer internship here. I learned what this engineering environment looked like in a small office, and it was a very positive environment. My superiors were able to answer all the questions I had and gave me very good constructive criticism when necessary. When I was working as a technician out in the field, it was very easy to communicate with Terracon employees on any questions the clients had that I could not answer.
September 11, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to offer us your feedback. We appreciate your outreach and we are taking your feedback into consideration. If you would like to share more about your experience, please contact us at corporate@terracon.com.
Your basic review
The jobs and tasks appointed to a tech are not overly difficult, but the hours are sporadic. It is a "feast to famine" type position, busy in the summer, slow in the winter. When the demand is high it is not unusual to see 60-80 hours, but unless you're on a busy jobsite you will slow down in the winter. The job culture is just like any other in construction. It is improving, but if you're easily offended or think-skinned, it's not the line of work for you. Being able to work and communicate with people/contractors is a must, because there is a huge lack of communication coming from the office. I load down my truck with anything I may need to do my job, because most days I have no idea what I'm getting myself into until it's happening.
Pros
401K, Insurance, Company Truck
Cons
No communication
September 11, 2019
Fun environment but can become stressful and time consuming if you're not careful
The hours at terracon can be confusing. we have had people apply for one position and be thrust into another with no training or promise of promotion. Be careful in what you apply for and accept
September 11, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Terracon delivers success by providing opportunities for our employees to achieve rewarding careers, personal wellbeing, and the benefits of employee ownership; safety, care and concern for our employees is at the heart of our core values. If you would like to share more about your experience, please contact us at corporate@terracon.com. We appreciate your outreach and the opportunity to respond to your concerns.
Nation-wide office locations
Meeting with clients project managers to understand scope. I have to travel to various project sites for progress update and inspection. The management is great.
September 11, 2019
Always good to hear from our former employees. Thanks for the feedback! Best to you in your new position.
Hardest part was the staff members. Their attitude was horrible but as long as you do your job you’ll be fine. Business is great and I enjoyed my job.
Poor Management
Unless you are part of the good old boys club, otherwise, good luck with advancement no matter how hard you worked, they will skip over you and advance other members of the team because they are buddies with management.
September 11, 2019
Always good to hear from former employees, and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Our management team is focused on creating a work environment that fosters open and constructive communication, which is vital to the success of our company. If you would like to share more about your experience, please contact us at corporate@terracon.com.
Absolutely Awesome
Terracon Bismarck is an amazing office. I can't speak for them all, but the people I worked with were too notch. The company core values are held to a high standard and practiced on a daily basis. They consistently put their money where their mouth is. I'd definitely work for them again.
Pros
Amazing atmosphere, very employee oriented
Cons
Very corporate at rare times
September 11, 2019
Thank you for your thoughts about the Terracon team! We strive to develop and enhance the corporate culture to make Terracon an employer of choice for all in our industry. If you would like to share more about your experience, please contact us at corporate@terracon.com. We appreciate your outreach and the opportunity to respond to your concerns.
Project Manager for a Great Company
Work as a PM and have been with the company for just over 2 years. I like the management but we are spread so thin that projects are getting backed up. No real BD exists and it's very tough to establish new clients due to constricted policies.
September 11, 2019
Thank you for your thoughts about the Terracon team! Our team is hard at work recruiting new employee-owners for Concord. We strive to develop and enhance the corporate culture to make Terracon an employer of choice for all in our industry.
Great corporate position
Dynamic and respectful national consulting company. Incredible and very talented employees. Utilization of project management tools and financial applications.
Pros
Office with walls
Cons
60+ hour work week, work at nights and weekends
September 11, 2019
Thank you for your thoughts about the Terracon team! Our We strive to develop and enhance the corporate culture to make Terracon an employer of choice for all in our industry.
Awesome Co-Workers, Great Management, Horrible Hours
I actually enjoy working for Terracon as Field Engineering Technician. However the work can be grueling and the hours can be very long. There is not a great work life balance here, but at least you earn paid time off.
September 11, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Creating a work environment that fosters open and constructive communication is important to the success of our company. If you would like to share more about your experience, please contact us at corporate@terracon.com.
great benefits and career oriented
A typical day at work involved safety practices and onsite safety meeting along with stretching. Be ready to go home dirty, muddy, sweaty, wet and or cold or hot! Then get you a hotel room.
September 11, 2019
Thank you for your thoughts about the Terracon team! Our team is constently looking for ways to improve benefits to our employee-owners. We also strive to develop and enhance the corporate culture to make Terracon an employer of choice for all in our industry.
Worked there for 16 months
Upper management doesnt care about the safety of their employees. Weather the company policy states no employee shall not work more than 16 hours a day and if so they must have a mandatory 8 hour break between jobs. Upper management doent abide by the corporate policies. I contacted corporate headquarters for safety on this situation multiple times as well as Human Resources.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
September 11, 2019
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Terracon Consultants Inc. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8