Terracon Employee Reviews

Full of racists
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 10, 2018
It's been awhile since I worked here but I remember the manager of accounting was a racist and so was the director of human resources and the CFO. After I left the black woman that replaced me filed a complaint with EEOC. i know because she contacted me to see if I had filed one because she experienced the same issues I had experienced.
RUN...as fast as you can!
Special Inspector/Tech (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 28, 2018
Worked for Terracon for 1 year. That was all I can handle.
Project managers have no clue, and never have answers to jobsite issues
No employee backing on jobsites
Higher management will tell you one thing, then do complete opposite.
Management will make promises that are never kept.
Hours are horrible, you may work few hours during the day, and are expected to come in at midnight for an hour.
Other times they overload you with hours for a week or two, then you may end up staying home with nothing.
Dispatch ....oh my goodness...tempe office dispatch had no clue, but sure did like to "act" like she was a boss!
Senior staff are treated like gods, while hourly employees are just an employee number!
I could continue, but if you're looking f or a job...your better off running from this organization!
Cons
Worked on a variety of projects
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COOctober 24, 2018
Terracon provided me with the opportunity to work on a variety of projects. I enjoyed learning from the various disciplines represented in the company that included, geotechnical, facilities management, and materials testing.
Pros
Good variety of work
Cons
Unsatisfactory management
Well Managed Company to Grow with.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LouisianaOctober 9, 2018
Office atmosphere was fun and collaborative. Pay could be a little better however better than some of our competitors. Management was good benefits decent and training excellent.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Chargeability Drive
Challenging work environment with high expectations.
Geotechnical Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 25, 2018
It has been over a decade since I worked at Terracon, so things may have changed, but when there were expectations to work well over 40 hours per week.
Best place to work
SENIOR STAFF ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 29, 2018
I have always enjoyed working for Terracon. Exciting experience, with diversity of projects. Management always train employees on client development with diligent follow up.
Interesting work, great people, however the pay was lacking
Engineering Technician Intern (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 27, 2018
A typical day depended upon on how well staffed the office was. If we were short, many of the more dependable guys were over-worked. Duties ranged from conducting the field work, materials testing in lab, entering reports, to equipment maintenance. The most enjoyable part of the work was the travel--contracting for another office is a great gig to get in on. The hardest part of the job was the wear and tear on the body.
Very Diverse Engineering Firm
Client Development / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 14, 2018
Terracon offered me the opportunity to grow in an supportive environment. The balance between client development and project management was a great fit.
I enjoyed the actual job duties, but not the environment.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  League City, TexasAugust 7, 2018
I enjoyed the actual job duties, but not the environment. Office management, to me, was not all it could have been. There was no recognition for new ideas or suggestions.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Lack of advancement or recognition
Great Co-Workers
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT III (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 3, 2018
The company hires knowledgeable people that work very well with others for the most part. I love working with the people, but financially the pay doesn't cover the cost of living.
My Time at Terracon
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 30, 2018
This company lacked empathy for single moms working in the workforce.

I loved the job and I learned a lot. When the company had to downsize it was the single mom that got let go first. Was very upsetting and difficult.
Pros
I learned alot and made some good friends
Cons
Management was not great
Productive place to work in.
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 26, 2018
The work is always changing, but it keeps you on your feet. They provide a lot of continued learning opportunities and the people are great. If you like challenges, I would recommend.
Extra work without compensation
Asbestos Group Manager (Current Employee) –  Midvale, UTJuly 22, 2018
I have worked for Terracon for over 11 years. In that time, I have seen management go from reasonable work expectations to the "new normal" of feeling constantly behind with no real chance to catch up. This due to Terracon's unwillingness to hire adequate staff to cover existing workloads. After months of this, it really gets old...especially when it is simply expected with no expectation on management's side of rewarding employees for putting time in above and beyond what we were originally hired to provide.
Good place to work minus management
Drilling Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2018
The work can get hot, especially during the summertime and it can be hard work with equipment potentially breaking down but with good management everything can be smooth sailing.
Pros
Ot
Cons
no sick days, no paid vacation, hot and stinky work, hard to advance
Stress
Staff Scientist (Former Employee) –  NorthwestJune 18, 2018
Welcome to more work than you can handle. You'll also be pigeon-holed into the same repetitive tasks even when expressing your desire to learn and do more within the company.
Good job, just not enough people.
Construction Materials testing (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 12, 2018
I would have stayed but with being under staffed, everyone was over worked. It was fun working with contractors on the big scale projects. The was some experience that i wont get anywhere else.
Fun workplace - Boring time
Technical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 30, 2018
Workplace culture is like family - by far my favorite people to work with. Low pay and not much to do on non-busy days. Difficult to stay on task with chargeable activities, because there aren't enough to go around to all the workers. Great opportunity to learn.
Pros
family atmosphere, easy job.
Cons
low pay
Environmental Department Manager is WONDERFUL
ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST/PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMay 30, 2018
This was my first professional job outside of college. I did not realize how lucky I was to work for such a organized, understanding, personal and dedicated manager until I left. I am sad I left. I would recommend working for this company to anybody.
Pros
Ability to work from home, management is very understanding
Cons
LOTS of hours and not much training for your job
Fun place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 29, 2018
Enjoy working here. Monday to Friday job, weekends and holidays off with some out of town work, but overall, not very challenging. 401k matching is always nice.
Professional workplace
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMay 24, 2018
It was an okay place to work for, but I did have issues with one of my co-workers that was never taken care of by management. I loved that they had events to help make the employees feel that they mattered. There was one of the officers in the company who made me feel that she really cared for me.
Pros
Free lunches for long meetings, events outside of the office to make employees feel loved.
Cons
Issues with co-worker not taken care of by manager.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Terracon. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about