Terracon Employee Reviews

Very Diverse Engineering Firm
Client Development / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 14, 2018
Terracon offered me the opportunity to grow in an supportive environment. The balance between client development and project management was a great fit.
Great Co-Workers
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT III (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 3, 2018
The company hires knowledgeable people that work very well with others for the most part. I love working with the people, but financially the pay doesn't cover the cost of living.
My Time at Terracon
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 30, 2018
This company lacked empathy for single moms working in the workforce.

I loved the job and I learned a lot. When the company had to downsize it was the single mom that got let go first. Was very upsetting and difficult.
Pros
I learned alot and made some good friends
Cons
Management was not great
Productive place to work in.
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 26, 2018
The work is always changing, but it keeps you on your feet. They provide a lot of continued learning opportunities and the people are great. If you like challenges, I would recommend.
Extra work without compensation
Asbestos Group Manager (Current Employee) –  Midvale, UTJuly 22, 2018
I have worked for Terracon for over 11 years. In that time, I have seen management go from reasonable work expectations to the "new normal" of feeling constantly behind with no real chance to catch up. This due to Terracon's unwillingness to hire adequate staff to cover existing workloads. After months of this, it really gets old...especially when it is simply expected with no expectation on management's side of rewarding employees for putting time in above and beyond what we were originally hired to provide.
Good place to work minus management
Drilling Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2018
The work can get hot, especially during the summertime and it can be hard work with equipment potentially breaking down but with good management everything can be smooth sailing.
Pros
Ot
Cons
no sick days, no paid vacation, hot and stinky work, hard to advance
Stress
Staff Scientist (Former Employee) –  NorthwestJune 18, 2018
Welcome to more work than you can handle. You'll also be pigeon-holed into the same repetitive tasks even when expressing your desire to learn and do more within the company.
Good job, just not enough people.
Construction Materials testing (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 12, 2018
I would have stayed but with being under staffed, everyone was over worked. It was fun working with contractors on the big scale projects. The was some experience that i wont get anywhere else.
Fun workplace - Boring time
Technical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 30, 2018
Workplace culture is like family - by far my favorite people to work with. Low pay and not much to do on non-busy days. Difficult to stay on task with chargeable activities, because there aren't enough to go around to all the workers. Great opportunity to learn.
Pros
family atmosphere, easy job.
Cons
low pay
Environmental Department Manager is WONDERFUL
ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST/PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMay 30, 2018
This was my first professional job outside of college. I did not realize how lucky I was to work for such a organized, understanding, personal and dedicated manager until I left. I am sad I left. I would recommend working for this company to anybody.
Pros
Ability to work from home, management is very understanding
Cons
LOTS of hours and not much training for your job
Fun place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 29, 2018
Enjoy working here. Monday to Friday job, weekends and holidays off with some out of town work, but overall, not very challenging. 401k matching is always nice.
Professional workplace
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMay 24, 2018
It was an okay place to work for, but I did have issues with one of my co-workers that was never taken care of by management. I loved that they had events to help make the employees feel that they mattered. There was one of the officers in the company who made me feel that she really cared for me.
Pros
Free lunches for long meetings, events outside of the office to make employees feel loved.
Cons
Issues with co-worker not taken care of by manager.
Learning experience
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 22, 2018
Managed a lab for geotechnical business. I worked with rock, soil and concrete. Not sure I would ever work for this company again, too much office politics.
high speed work
Geologist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 21, 2018
Environmental department. many small jobs with quick turn-a-round time, small budget. good people, good management for the most part. liked working there, but got a great opportunity to leave and further my career.
Horrible Place Everyone hates everyone.
Quality Control Field Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 13, 2018
Horrible Place Everyone hates everyone. Training is bad and people leave all the time. The manager can hardly remember his name. Not a good experience.
Very productive and had many snacks.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 19, 2018
I loved working here because the people treated you well. I loved making new friends and helpful atmosphere. Whenever I needed help someone was quick to help me.
Pros
snacks
Cons
short breaks
Average office life
Exploration Team Member I (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 19, 2018
The staff here is incredibly friendly and fun to be around. The work is different every day, as an engineering company there are constantly new challenges that must be met. The only down-side is that management isn't always easy to work with, when work flow is slow, there is not much to do, but when things pick up, it gets incredibly fast-paced and can be stressful. Overall, I would say this is a pretty average office environment with fun and friendly staff but inconsistent work flow.
Work Your Butt off
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 14, 2018
Its a great filler job for me. A lot of the people there are lifers but I do not intend on it. Its not a job you want if you don't like outside and working with construction attitudes but its a great ever changing place to work I'm enjoying my time here and saving as much as i can!
Pros
Great Benefits and Hours!!
Cons
Long Days
Beware of Terracon
Middle Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 4, 2018
Many people are hired into salaried positions but are laid off as soon as project work becomes low. This can ruin lives. They hire to fill Short term needs. Operate on a period by period basis with no long term commitment and claim this is how it is everywhere. Cannot trust managers as they lie and manipulate the system. Management succomes to fits of rage when when mistakes are made or any company policies are not followed to the letter. They ambush employees with unannounced write ups. Very hostile sydistical environment.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Job responsibilities are enjoyable at times. Pay is way below average for type of responsibility.
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 29, 2018
Very slow pay raises. Night work, no extra compensation. Slow when weather is bad. Seems like management and salaried employees have no worries. Financial struggle hourly employees. Benefits not bad.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Terracon. Our community is ready to answer.