TerraSond Employee Reviews

4.5
Ratings breakdown
3.3Job Security & Advancement
A good company to work for
Receptionist/Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Palmer, AKJanuary 18, 2017
I worked for Terrasond for over 2 years. The staff was friendly and family oriented. The benefit package was fairly good, the only drawback was the cost for medical insurance. My manager was proactive on making sure we were well trained and informed of our job duties.
TerraSond Ltd.
Survey Technician (Current Employee) –  Palmer, AKAugust 5, 2015
TerraSond Ltd. is a smaller private contracting company that collects and processes bathymetric data per client needs that include but not limited to harbor dredging, nautical chart updates, boat ramp construction, and harbor expansions. TerraSond treats their employees very well but their work is very seasonal and not steady during the winter.
Pros
Lots of overtime, Pto, and a close knit working group.
Cons
Extended field time, uncertain seasonal employment
Having Finance Fridays
Payroll Specialist / HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palmer, AKMay 13, 2014
This is a good company to work with, one that truly cares for its employees.
In the area I work in, Accounting, we have a team meeting every Friday. On the last Friday of each month, however, we have what we call "Finance Friday". On this day, we have a potluck lunch and instead of taking an actual lunch break, we have our team meeting and a bit of social time. On Finance Friday, we are allowed to leave work 1 hour earlier and our Supervisor typically takes care of the phones and the front office for the remaining hour the office is open.