TERREBONNE GENERAL MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Learning opportunities
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAAugust 19, 2019
TGMC provides so many learning opportunities. I have learned so much in my time there.
I was able to float to different areas of the hospital to get more experience.
Challenge Place To Work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJune 23, 2019
I loved working with the people on the floor but team work from nurses wasn’t there and you got pulled off your floor to cover other floors so that wasn’t fun.The system needs to be changed on PP(House) bc they pull you here and there and leave the floors short and never check to see if your okay mind you it’s a 12 hr shift poor communication in the hospital
Awesome medical center
Quality Data Review Clerk--Cardiac Cath Lab (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAMay 21, 2019
I truly enjoyed my job at TGMC. The cath lab staff are not just co-workers...they're family. Management in that department will go to bat for all the employees when a need arises...and they are fantastic with setting reasonable goals.
Pros
Staff work as a team. No micromanaging.
Cons
Health insurance could be better benefit.
Worst job ever
Maintain housekeeping cart (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAApril 21, 2019
It is the worst place to go very work. The management doesn’t appreciate anything. They tell you to go above and beyond but you get called down for it.
Pros
Cons
To many to type here
hours are for people with no family
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAMarch 21, 2019
Loved the job and the people that worked there but could not do the twelve hour shifts any longer being that I am a single mother of small children...
ER Tech/Safety/Security Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJanuary 8, 2019
fast pace environment
learned something new every day
enjoyed working with co-workers
loved making the sick clients feel more comfortable and any other visitors
Great place to work,but....
Patient Access Representative/ Pre Reg Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houma, LANovember 16, 2018
Terrebonne General is an awesome place to work! I have an amazing Manager and cool Director however, the work hours and pay is not all that great. My Manager and Director try their hardest to work with my schedule, but at the end of the day they don.t make the and it only so much that can be done. I love my job the work environment is positive and stress free, I just wish I could work 10-12 under the same Manger and Director.
Pros
you can purchase anything at the hospital including services and, tthe just payroll deduct 3 checks until balance is paid
Cons
availability my my specific job title
NOT PBX Operator Position
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Houma, LANovember 7, 2018
Extremely poor training. Women extremely clickish and unfriendly. They did not report the truth of my abilities to the manager, and he had NO backbone against them. Worst place I ever worked, and they are always having to hire, because either people quit or get fired. One of the clickish coworkers was always late and nothing was done about it. Rules were for new people!!!
IF they keep losing people like a revolving door, it can’t be all these people are bad employees. Why not transfer the employee. The PBX operators need a wake up call. They have been spoiled.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Parking, Training
Pleasure
LAB CLERK (Former Employee) –  Houma, LASeptember 6, 2018
Very fast pace to work over there. Very fast pace very strict environment. It's important to maintain confidentiality, but good people to work with!!!
Quick Paced
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Houma, LASeptember 3, 2018
Quick paced environment. Management needs work in certain departments. Communication isn't great. I however did learn a lot from working here. I did notice management had favorites which in my opinion is right.
Pros
discounted lunch
Cons
short breaks
Productive and friendly
Food Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAAugust 22, 2018
Great place to work and fast paced environment
Clean and friendly
Reliable co workers
Great customer service
Well kept and neat
Very comfortable and cold
staff rn
Emergency Department RN (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAAugust 1, 2018
TGMC is a fantastic place to work. They are very efficient in all that they do. Job Culture feels like family. This hospital is clean, and equipment is up to date. They also provide various services and specialties, which allows patients to receive care in one single location.
Productive place to work
Radiology Department as a transporter (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJuly 25, 2018
I enjoyed working here. was a great place to work. The pay could have been better due to the extra responsibilities they would have you do on top of your normal day
I love working with them
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJuly 16, 2018
I love work with them,I treat my paients like they my family ,I love been there for them ,they will treat u like u was a daughter or a family member , I always have respect them no matter what.
Pros
Some of them will get u free food
Cons
You do have short break 15 mins.
Needs Improvement
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAJuly 16, 2018
There's no room for advancement. Small department. Small salary increase. Salary cap is very low. Management could care less if you stay or left.

Working with other department has been nice. However, the shuttle service is a joke. It is here for the patients? No its a uber service for lazy rude employees.
Pros
Good starting salary
Cons
salary cap, useless shuttle service, rude employees
Excellent experience
Financial Counselor / Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJuly 12, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company, You can learn alot and easily promoted if you are determined and hard working. You have excellent benefits and paid vacation, they also allow you to work in other aresa to gain other experience. It's a teaching hospital and the Dr."s and staff are always willing to teach you. I wouldn't have trade that experience for anything. I loved working at this facility.
My Review
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJuly 11, 2018
There is barely any team work. Some people are rude. but you do get all your hours . it just crazy working with people that don't treat you right . if the work people would be different I wouldn't of quite
Pros
having your works hours
Cons
people attitude you work with
Met great friends
Secretary/Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJuly 4, 2018
Met a lot of people and became friends with some of them. Made friendships with my Director and my previous Director also made friends with Administration.
Change is needed
RN (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAMay 10, 2018
As an RN you are expected to just do what your told and you better do it fast. If you have the misfortune to care for a "VIP" regardless of your other patient's condition that "VIP" better be your priority. Or as I experienced you will get yelled at in a public area by someone in administration. You will be pulled to work in areas you are not experienced in. And when you bring up an issue about anything the response will be well YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS OR THAT. So its always your fault. We counted in 1 year on 1 floor there was a turn around of 70 employees. My advice is if you work here or plan to work here make sure you have liability insurance.
Pros
Never being FLEXED
Cons
Read review for list
Great benifits
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAApril 24, 2018
TGMC is a great place to work they just need to work on the pay. CNA work is a hard job and needs to be addressed everywhere as far as how much they get paid.