TERREBONNE GENERAL MEDICAL CENTER Pay & Benefits reviews

I love working with them
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJuly 16, 2018
I love work with them,I treat my paients like they my family ,I love been there for them ,they will treat u like u was a daughter or a family member , I always have respect them no matter what.
Pros
Some of them will get u free food
Cons
You do have short break 15 mins.
Needs Improvement
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAJuly 16, 2018
There's no room for advancement. Small department. Small salary increase. Salary cap is very low. Management could care less if you stay or left.

Working with other department has been nice. However, the shuttle service is a joke. It is here for the patients? No its a uber service for lazy rude employees.
Pros
Good starting salary
Cons
salary cap, useless shuttle service, rude employees
Excellent experience
Financial Counselor / Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJuly 12, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company, You can learn alot and easily promoted if you are determined and hard working. You have excellent benefits and paid vacation, they also allow you to work in other aresa to gain other experience. It's a teaching hospital and the Dr."s and staff are always willing to teach you. I wouldn't have trade that experience for anything. I loved working at this facility.
Great benifits
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAApril 24, 2018
TGMC is a great place to work they just need to work on the pay. CNA work is a hard job and needs to be addressed everywhere as far as how much they get paid.
Quick pace and stressful
EVS Tech (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAApril 16, 2018
The managers here were rude and did not help how they should have. The company paid low for the amount of things you had to do. They also do not treat you the same if you take a sick day.
Pros
It was a pay check
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, rude co-workers
Nice place to work
Patient Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAMarch 14, 2018
This is not a bad place to work. The benefits are decent, little opportunity for advancement in some positions. Long hours and department shortages make for much overtime to be obtained. No annual pay increase despite an excellent evaluation is disappointing to hard working, dedicated employees.
great
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAJanuary 18, 2018
everything is what you make it. Great place to work.management is good. Pay can go up a little. nothing is really to hard and the people i work with and patients.
Pros
good hours
Cons
need more pay
Very Stressful
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJanuary 13, 2018
I had a very smart supervisor who actually knew more than management. The origination took very good care of their employees. But it was very cut throat in the department.
Not usual for the type of job is what I was told. But in the end the department was a family for the most part.
benefits
Cons
stressful and cut throat. hourly wages
Poor Management
HIM Imaging Tech (Former Employee) –  Houma, LADecember 19, 2017
Very unprofessional environment. Management is divided against the department and does not work well together. Definitely not worth the pay. I would not recommend this work place to anyone unless they enjoy a middle school type of environment.
Pros
Benefits as a full time employee
Cons
Management, Pay, Little PTO
n/a
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAOctober 7, 2017
hard work low pay not enough advancement for employees i feel the need to relocate to get paid for my 20 years i wish we were treated respectfully i miss the old tgmc
Great place to begin your medical career
Hospital Admissions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houma,LaSeptember 21, 2017
My employment at Terrebonne General was very exciting. I worked in main admissions which allowed me to meet great people on a daily basics. My director was great he always provided a great work environment. My fellow coworkers were also amazing. Unfortunately there was no room to advance in that department.I had to leave for better job with better benefits and pay.
Pros
Cons
Parking
Generally a good experience.
RN, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAMay 16, 2017
I had to move or I wouldn't have left this hospital. Very friendly to an outsider from the north. Great work environment for an ER. They "grow their own" nurses which is awesome. Benefits were good but the pay could have been better. Pretty fast-paced with patients from the oil rigs off shore at times. Often brought in by chopper.
Pros
co-workers, culture, experience, benefits
Cons
pay could be better
was great to work there if you don't have children
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAMay 16, 2017
Great to work here if you don't have children. Great benefits. If you have kids it is hard to get off and frowned upon. Paid holidays and offers raises .
Take the Good with the bad
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJanuary 27, 2017
Work here for the health insurance not for the glamour or salary. Very corporate style of taking care of employees. Not much room for advancement unless you've gotten a college degree.
Transporter
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAJanuary 14, 2017
Job is ONLY good for a High School Student or College Student. The Pay is HORRIBLE, don't expect to make a lavish living, however expect to live check to check. Moving up in this company is slim to nun especially when your just a little ole transporter. We do way too much work and put up with foolishness and get paid like nothing.
Pros
Pto, Flexible
Cons
Pay
med surg
LPN (Former Employee) –  Houma, LASeptember 13, 2016
My supervisor was amazing. She was he reason I stayed so long. They pay rates were terrible. I would not ever want to work there again. i did learn alot and am grateful I got a good base knowledge of nursing.
Take it if you NEED it.
EVS (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAMay 10, 2015
This was a very nice place to work. Most of the people were friendly. The pay was okay. When you start a job people say do your own work and dont worry about anyone else. Well over there that was not the case. The people i worked with were very rude, lied about things ive done to get me in trouble,if they found something i did was wrong they wouldnt tell me they would go straight to the boss. It wasnt just me it happened to many of my co-workers.The management was crazy! There were more than one "Bosses/Supervisors" you had to answer to and they all wanted to be the only boss.They did not communicate with each other. If one of them told you to do something and you didnt tell the rest what you had to do you would get in trouble. I missed/ was tardy a few times and i was told if it happened again i would get written up,well it did not happen after that but i got called to the office by one of the bosses to be written up and she was making jokes the whole time. I still dont understand why one said i had one more chance and the other said i used up all my chances. That still doesnt mean that the other boss could make jokes the whole time. Everyone wanted to be the boss but no one wanted to do the work. . It is true that when you are in EVS you can move up in 6 months.If they let you. They will find any little thing to write you up so you can not leave out of the department. I was there almost 6 months .they wrote me up 2 weeks before my 6 months. Another thing they do, they tell you to do a certain job and praise other people for the work you did. If you really need a job i say  more... take this one but stay to your self, dont trust anyone, and do your job. If you have kids Good Luck!!! They dont care . If its an emergency and you have to go they only care about if you have someone to work for you.  less
Pros
Meet some nice people, pretty easy work
Cons
Way too many for this little line.
Professional place to work.
Facility Management Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAMarch 17, 2014
Excellent health benefits, 403B plan, 5-weeks of vacation, and
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday schedule.
Pros
Discounted lunches, good hours and benefits, and lots of vacation time.
Cons
Poor pay increases and very little chance of advancement.
good work environment
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJune 18, 2013
I worked in the outpatient clinic I was responsible for putting in doctor orders,drawing the patient,sending the specimens to the lab,faxing doctor results if needed.My co-workers were great I enjoyed working with them an we still keep in touch.The hardest part of the job was drawing blood on newborns but it was to help them not to hurt them.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Sometimes no breaks.